Looking for a new Sci Fi Author

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
I have read everything David Weber has out except his latest series. One book. He won't release anything more for awhile and I am tired of reading the same thing over again.

Anyone know a good Sci Fi author I could check out?

I have read everything David Weber has out except his latest series. One book. He won't release anything more for awhile and I am tired of reading the same thing over again.

Have you read Verner Vinge's "A Fire Upon the Deep"?

Have you read Verner Vinge's "A Fire Upon the Deep"?
Checked out the Wiki page, not my cup of tea, I prefer endings that at least have the potential to lead to good stuff.

Old school Gordon R Dickson Dorsai series, "Doc" Smith the Lensman series, Asimov the Foundation series...
Others John Ringo or BV Larson....

Most are on kindle...

Last edited:

Old school Gordon R Dickson Dorsai series, "Doc" Smith the Lensman series, Asimov the Foundation series...

Most are on kindle...
Read most of them long ago. Looking for something new.

Most are on kindle...
Read most of them long ago. Looking for something new.
Have you tried Mercedes Lackey?

Mercedes Lackey - The Official Website

Scroll down to the Vlademar Universe......You won't be disappointed....

And most of her other stuff is pretty damn good too.

In fact, the Magewinds triology is where I picked up My username.

It's funny that so many are referring to old writers.....is there anyone new that is worth reading...'

Have you read Larry Correia....the Monster Hunter International series?..John Ringo?

Have you read the Riverworld Series by Philip Jose Farmer?

Riverworld is great- Ringworld is another.

David Brin has some good stuff.

S.M. Stirling "Dies the Fire" and other series are fascinating to me.

New Topics

Forum List

Back