Lookie what made

Jitss617

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2019
DBD36BF7-E9E5-4F73-B3C0-1B9AB9EC85CB.jpeg
Came out perfect med rare! Bloody warm red in the center. This was 42 ounces of amazing prime beef!

View attachment 365517Came out perfect med rare! Bloody warm red in the center. This was 42 ounces of amazing prime beef!
That's a thing of beauty. I especially like the plate overlap. It's true that I'm two days away from my stress test and I got the COVID test today. Man, they put that baby way up there. But I feel confident I can break the test record even an hour after eating that big monster you have there. I admit though that I trim the fat off. I have a couple buddies that yell at me and tell me I'm throwing out the best part. Say La Vie. To each their own. I hope you enjoy that bad boy which ever way you eat it.

View attachment 365517Came out perfect med rare! Bloody warm red in the center. This was 42 ounces of amazing prime beef!
What did you use to cook it? A smoker works very well.
I have a pellet rig these days. I got too old to sit up nights tending a fire for those long long brisket and butt smokes.

• Banned
I have a pellet rig these days. I got too old to sit up nights tending a fire for those long long brisket and butt smokes.
I need to learn how to smoke.. I just seared it In A cast iron, put in the over at 410, for 18 mins.. garlic thyme, rosemary,, butter..

I need to learn how to smoke.. I just seared it In A cast iron, put in the over at 410, for 18 mins.. garlic thyme, rosemary,, butter..
That works. Hang on to that skillet, once you get a good one seasoned up just right, it's worth it's weight.
Smoking easy easy. In fact the less you do usually the better your results. Too many people try to make it into a rocket science which often actually ruins barbeque. I just dry rub the meat then put it in the smoker, close the lid and leave it closed till the meat gets to temperature, then take it out and eat it. Maybe theres some slicing or pulling involved but no splishin or splashing or gopping it with gooey goppy sugarey sauces. If you cook it right the meat doesn't need any sauce to cover or hide the taste. The smoke enhances it and that with the dry rub is quite enough for good barbeque.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back