London has Warmest April day in nearly 70 years, as Enormous Heat Dome Consumes Europe

First of you are replying to your own post. Secondly, are you really incapable of finding anything for yourself?

Tell you what ding, you look up references for everything that everyone else here posts, and they'll look up stuff for you.

I did a search. And as I noted above, I didn't find what you claimed I should to have found.

Tell you what ding, you look up references for everything that everyone else here posts, and they'll look up stuff for you.

I did a search. And as I noted above, I didn't find what you claimed I should to have found.
Try "did soot end the mini ice age"

No thanks. Feel free, however, to post whatever YOU can find that you think supports YOUR contention.

No thanks. Feel free, however, to post whatever YOU can find that you think supports YOUR contention.
I already did, dummy.

"...climate scientists consider the Little Ice Age to have ended soon after 1850. However, despite the glaciers' shrinking, average global temperatures did not rise significantly until the end of the century. In fact, Alpine climate records — among the most abundant and reliable in the world — suggest that glaciers should have continued to grow for more than a half century, until around 1910..."

"...Because darker surfaces absorb more heat, if enough soot deposits onto snow and ice it can accelerate melting. Historical records suggest that by the mid-nineteenth century, the air in some Alpine valleys was thick with pollution. “Housewives in Innsbruck refrained from drying laundry outdoors,” says Kaser.

Scientists had thought it unlikely that sufficient soot had been carried high enough to affect glacier melting, but it seems they were mistaken. When Kaser's team looked at ice cores previously drilled at two high-elevation sites in the western Alps — the Colle Gnifetti glacier saddle (elevation 4,455 meters) on Monte Rosa near the Swiss–Italian border and the Fiescherhorn Glacier (3,900 meters) in the Bernese Alps — they found that at around 1860, layers of glacial ice started to contain surprisingly large amounts of soot..."

"...It appears that in central Europe soot prematurely stopped the Little Ice Age.”

Only after around 1970, when air quality began to improve, did accelerated climate warming become the dominant driver of glacier retreat in the Alps, Kaser says..."

Very good. Now that wasn't so hard, was it. And, of course, if Alpine soot stopped the LIA, the LIA wan't global, was it.

Last edited:
Very good. Now that wasn't so hard, was it. And, of course, if Alpine soot stopped the LIA, the LIA wan't global, was it.
It was the second time I had to post the link, so it wasn't as easy as it should have been, dummy.

Ummmm... yeah, the little ice age was a global event, dumdum. Albedo and solar irradiance are the main drivers which drive the climate in the middle of orbital cycles. This is especially true when the temperature is near the threshold for extensive northern hemisphere continental glaciation.

It was the second time I had to post the link, so it wasn't as easy as it should have been, dummy.

Ummmm... yeah, the little ice age was a global event, dumdum. Albedo and solar irradiance are the main drivers which drive the climate in the middle of orbital cycles. This is especially true when the temperature is near the threshold for extensive northern hemisphere continental glaciation
The LIA was regional and composed of three different periods. And you are the most one-trick of one-trick ponies I think I've ever run into.

Forum List

Back