Lolol...Robert E. Lee statue removed from Dallas park sells for $1.4M after bidding war

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
A statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee was sold online for more than $1.4 million on Wednesday after it was removed from a Dallas park nearly two years ago over concerns the monument was racist.

The bronze statue drew a top offer of $1,435,000 from a bidder identified only as "LawDude," according to the Lone Star Auctioneers Inc. website. The second highest bidder, "MustangJerry," maxed out at $1,432,500 after placing 41 bids since the statue first went up for auction with a starting price of $450,000 on May 26.

The Dallas City Council last month voted 12-3 to declare the 1935 sculpture by Alexander Phimister Proctor as "surplus property" and sold to the highest bidder.

The artwork features Lee and a young Confederate soldier on horseback. …

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Explaining history is one thing. Trying to erase it is another.

GNoiKm.jpg

Like I always say...A fool and his money are soon parted. This is good news.

tenor.gif

There's an interesting footnote to this story. I read that the $1.4 million will be used to "cover" the costs of statue removal. Huh? Does anyone believe it cost $1.4 million freaking dollars to remove a statue? Somebody is lining their pockets.

A statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee was sold online for more than $1.4 million on Wednesday after it was removed from a Dallas park nearly two years ago over concerns the monument was racist.

The bronze statue drew a top offer of $1,435,000 from a bidder identified only as "LawDude," according to the Lone Star Auctioneers Inc. website. The second highest bidder, "MustangJerry," maxed out at $1,432,500 after placing 41 bids since the statue first went up for auction with a starting price of $450,000 on May 26.

The Dallas City Council last month voted 12-3 to declare the 1935 sculpture by Alexander Phimister Proctor as "surplus property" and sold to the highest bidder.

The artwork features Lee and a young Confederate soldier on horseback. …

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Explaining history is one thing. Trying to erase it is another.

GNoiKm.jpg
Good...I'm glad it went to a good PRIVATE home. Nothing wrong with that at all.

There's an interesting footnote to this story. I read that the $1.4 million will be used to "cover" the costs of statue removal. Huh? Does anyone believe it cost $1.4 million freaking dollars to remove a statue? Somebody is lining their pockets.

NONE of that money should go to the benefit of those that wanted the statue removed. Fortunately, a private collector will preserve the statue until said time when American history is no longer a suppressed topic in this country.

NONE of that money should go to the benefit of those that wanted the statue removed. Fortunately, a private collector will preserve the statue until said time when American history is no longer a suppressed topic in this country.
Good luck with that since marxists have control of academia, the media and the democrat party.

Good luck with that since marxists have control of academia, the media and the democrat party.

Again, only because we keep turning a blind eye to the danger and subversion of these people and allow their continued protection. The entire idea of "progressivism" and "free thinking" was created as a door to allow these people into mainstream society. Now we run the risk of being overrun with homosexuals, illegals and subversives. These things should be about as welcome as Christianity is in Saudi Arabia. My point is not to defend the Saudis but to show that at least they realize and put first the preservation of their core values FIRST ahead of anything else!

Again, only because we keep turning a blind eye to the danger and subversion of these people and allow their continued protection. The entire idea of "progressivism" and "free thinking" was created as a door to allow these people into mainstream society. Now we run the risk of being overrun with homosexuals, illegals and subversives. These things should be about as welcome as Christianity is in Saudi Arabia. My point is not to defend the Saudis but to show that at least they realize and put first the preservation of their core values FIRST ahead of anything else!
Actually, we have responded by electing trump but these subversive marxists refuse to accept that result.

Democrats as marxists, too funny. They're mostly corporate democrat, almost republican with a few exceptions at least since they still have some programs and ideas that'll help the least among us, which republicans would never do.

Such victims.

Democrats as marxists, too funny. They're mostly corporate democrat, almost republican with a few exceptions at least since they still have some programs and ideas that'll help the least among us, which republicans would never do.
Bullshit.
Democrats are sheer marxists with a few slick ones at the top capitalizing. Like the now-millionaire Sanders complains about billionaires only when he used to complain about billionaires and millionaires.

Forum List

Back