LOL! So what are you about to eat right now? No judgements, all posts welcome!

I just ate my Bonzi's Sunday morning pancakes.
Look forward to them every week.

My "look forward to" meal every week is tacos from the truck that sits in the TSC parking lot here in Newberry on Fri, Sat and Sun. Back in Amarillo, I had a taco place I went to that was rated in the top 100 taco joints in the ENTIRE STATE OF TEXAS! The tacos that come from the food truck here in Newberry are almost exactly the same as what I had in Amarillo. Glad that even though I'm deep in the Dixie South (South Carolina), I can still get excellent tacos.

Right now I'm having a 'water' poached egg, ww toast/w pbutter, glass of cold milk. Simple fare for a simple person. :)

You will never guess what I had for lunch.
A Turkey sandwich. Probably the same lunch as 8,000,000 other people.

That's probably the greatest thing about Thanksgiving.............all the leftovers! We also had ham, so for the past couple of days, it's been turkey and ham sandwiches, with whatever leftover side dishes we still have.

Dinner this evening will be Applebees”s Crispy chicken Salad with extra chicken and fat free Italian dressing . No breadstick. I’ll wash it down with a bottle of water.

That's probably the greatest thing about Thanksgiving.............all the leftovers! We also had ham, so for the past couple of days, it's been turkey and ham sandwiches, with whatever leftover side dishes we still have.
Out of the rest I am going to make turkey chili.
Which is actually pretty good. I have done that just about every year

Left over taco meat, cilantro, tomato, cheese, etc. Had a grilled rib eye on Thanksgiving. Oven broke.

We had a smaller than normal meal on Thursday due to travel considerations. Besides, I like to eat every day. Multiple times most days.,

Kudos to you for being able to travel and visit. Me? I was at the house everyone else traveled to, which is why there have been so many leftovers. But, I think (due to my liking to eat multiple times per day, especially around the holidays) that we are going to run out of leftovers tomorrow. Gonna have to wait another month to get some good turkey and ham, as the person who cooked it isn't going to go all out anytime soon again. Bummer.

The turkey and ham I had this year was especially good.

Kudos to you for being able to travel and visit. Me? I was at the house everyone else traveled to, which is why there have been so many leftovers. But, I think (due to my liking to eat multiple times per day, especially around the holidays) that we are going to run out of leftovers tomorrow. Gonna have to wait another month to get some good turkey and ham, as the person who cooked it isn't going to go all out anytime soon again. Bummer
I didn’t travel anywhere. My wife, her parents and brother (who all live with me) traveled about an hour to visit two of my sisters-in-law and their families. I had no interest in attending that shitfest. They stayed about three hours then came back here and we finally attempted about 7:30 Thursday evening. With six of us here leftovers are disappearing quickly.

I'm having or going to have a chicken/tomato toast sandwich!

I like that! YUM

Kudos to you for being able to travel and visit. Me? I was at the house everyone else traveled to, which is why there have been so many leftovers. But, I think (due to my liking to eat multiple times per day, especially around the holidays) that we are going to run out of leftovers tomorrow. Gonna have to wait another month to get some good turkey and ham, as the person who cooked it isn't going to go all out anytime soon again. Bummer.

The turkey and ham I had this year was especially good.
Kudos to you for being able to travel and visit. Me? I was at the house everyone else traveled to,
I hear that. We had 10 people in the house for the whole weekend. There was myself, one of my sons, my daughter and her boyfriend, her three teen girls, one of the girls friends from when we lived in Cleveland and her mother came down on Wednesday, and the homeless guy who lives in a shed in the back yard.

By Saturday all of the leftovers were gone.

Tonight is SeaFood Gumbo.
It has gulf shrimp, crab meat and oysters for the seafood and Okra,bell peppers and onion for the stock and for the pot..
We made home made seafood stock using 1 lb of shrimp with the head on and 5 cleaned blue crabs along with various diced veggies. That simmered for an hour and then we strained it and tossed the crab and shrimp since it wouldnt taste like anything after simmering for so long.
The stock came out Kick Ass!!! There's obviously more to the recipe but I didnt feel like writing a novel.
I have to say this is the best base we've ever made for seafood gumbo,it's rich and has that smokey flavor thats so hard to get right.

I'll admit I used Isaac Toups recipe but he hasn't let us down yet.
He's the guy who showed me how to make dark roux in 15 minutes without burning it.

If you like Cajun food I highly recommend his cook book Chasing the Gator.
He's the real deal when it comes to Cajun food.
1670124059238.png

1670124095823.png

Forum List

Back