Lol! Minneapolis has paid $63,000 to private security firms for 3 council members who voted to abolish police

Fucking hypocrites!
Maybe these cretins should just hire social workers to protect them.

1593486090_14267181+US-NEWS-MINN-POLICE-DEATH-SCENE-2-MS.jpg

JERRY HOLT – STAR TRIBUNE
City Council Member Alondra Cano and two others have been under increasing scrutiny since they, and some of their colleagues, gathered at Powderhorn Park on June 7 and promised to begin the process of ending the Minneapolis Police Department.

TEXT SIZE
EMAIL

PRINT
MORE
The city of Minneapolis has paid two private security firms $63,000 over the last three weeks to protect three City Council members amid tensions over George Floyd’s death and efforts to end the Police Department.
While the city has not named the council members — saying their identities weren’t public information — the Star Tribune has confirmed they are Council Vice President Andrea Jenkins and Council Members Alondra Cano and Phillipe Cunningham.
“This security service is intended to be temporary and bridge to other security measures implemented by council members themselves,” city spokeswoman Sarah McKenzie said Monday.

McKenzie said the city has spent $63,000 over the past three weeks for security service for three council members. She said contracts for less than $175,000 typically do not need public approval from council, and they do not expect these expenses to surpass that threshold.

Nothing wrong about the private sector getting some business. 3 weeks at $40.00 an hour seems normal.

I have to wonder if maybe you are missing the big picture.

The point went right over his head.

Fucking hypocrites!

City Council Member Alondra Cano and two others have been under increasing scrutiny since they, and some of their colleagues, gathered at Powderhorn Park on June 7 and promised to begin the process of ending the Minneapolis Police Department.

TEXT SIZE
EMAIL

PRINT
MORE
The city of Minneapolis has paid two private security firms $63,000 over the last three weeks to protect three City Council members amid tensions over George Floyd’s death and efforts to end the Police Department.
While the city has not named the council members — saying their identities weren’t public information — the Star Tribune has confirmed they are Council Vice President Andrea Jenkins and Council Members Alondra Cano and Phillipe Cunningham.
“This security service is intended to be temporary and bridge to other security measures implemented by council members themselves,” city spokeswoman Sarah McKenzie said Monday.

McKenzie said the city has spent $63,000 over the past three weeks for security service for three council members. She said contracts for less than $175,000 typically do not need public approval from council, and they do not expect these expenses to surpass that threshold.

Nothing wrong about the private sector getting some business. 3 weeks at $40.00 an hour seems normal.

No I'm not. They could be guarded individually around the clock without taking a public officer out of the field.

In all upscale residential neighborhoods in all American cities, many self-described liberals hire private security companies that regularly patrol the streets for suspicious-looking people.

In Beverly Hills, California, you will find many liberals who yell their support for that "movement" (whose initials I refuse to say/write). A few weeks ago, when that "movement" had the temerity to march too close to those liberals' expensive homes, the homeowners made sure that the Beverly Hills Police Department put a stop to such nonsense.

Hypocrites? You betcha!

Fucking hypocrites!

TEXT SIZE
EMAIL

PRINT
MORE

It's about who the money is being spent on. They deserve no protection.

My biggest bitch is who's paying for it.
If they want to pay out of their own pockets it'd be easier to swallow.
And I want the the coverage of the law that their security gets when I gun down some piece of shit.
Your hate and anger makes you dumb as a brick. How you manage all that pent up anger is amazing.

I noticed you failed yet again to answer the question.
Why should we pay for their security when they want to disarm the public and defund the police?

If you dont see the problem you're most certainly not Okfine in the head.
You want everything your way. If you want anyone to know the answer post it yourself.

If "everything his way" is defined as "getting answers instead of deflections", then he probably does. And I think I'd like him to have his way on this, too. It sounds to me like you know perfectly well that what they're doing is complete crap, but you don't WANT it to be,and you're too cowardly to admit it.

Fucking hypocrites!

TEXT SIZE
EMAIL

PRINT
MORE

And I want the the coverage of the law that their security gets when I gun down some piece of shit.
Your hate and anger makes you dumb as a brick. How you manage all that pent up anger is amazing.

Why should we pay for their security when they want to disarm the public and defund the police?

You want everything your way. If you want anyone to know the answer post it yourself.

If "everything his way" is defined as "getting answers instead of deflections", then he probably does. And I think I'd like him to have his way on this, too. It sounds to me like you know perfectly well that what they're doing is complete crap, but you don't WANT it to be,and you're too cowardly to admit it.

Thats pretty much the MO of most dems on this board.
They'll defend the most ludicrous notions rather than admit they're wrong.

Fucking hypocrites!

TEXT SIZE
EMAIL

PRINT
MORE

No I'm not. They could be guarded individually around the clock without taking a public officer out of the field.

He's not. He's actively avoiding the big picture.

In all upscale residential neighborhoods in all American cities, many self-described liberals hire private security companies that regularly patrol the streets for suspicious-looking people.

In Beverly Hills, California, you will find many liberals who yell their support for that "movement" (whose initials I refuse to say/write). A few weeks ago, when that "movement" had the temerity to march too close to those liberals' expensive homes, the homeowners made sure that the Beverly Hills Police Department put a stop to such nonsense.

Hypocrites? You betcha!

I've mentioned on the board before how my sister was - and still is - very outspoken about support for "that movement", for rioters, for "righteous outrage because of widespread systemic racism", the whole thing. But when graffiti and vandalism with "that slogan" all over it started appearing in her well-off suburb, the first thing out of her mouth is, "We should think about moving, because I don't want my property values to go down".

Hypocrites? You betcha!

I've mentioned on the board before how my sister was - and still is - very outspoken about support for "that movement", for rioters, for "righteous outrage because of widespread systemic racism", the whole thing. But when graffiti and vandalism with "that slogan" all over it started appearing in her well-off suburb, the first thing out of her mouth is, "We should think about moving, because I don't want my property values to go down".

Good old NIMBY strikes again.

Fucking hypocrites!

TEXT SIZE
EMAIL

PRINT
MORE

Minnesotastan

Fucking hypocrites!

TEXT SIZE
EMAIL

PRINT
MORE

Thats pretty much the MO of most dems on this board.
They'll defend the most ludicrous notions rather than admit they're wrong.
They just blame Trump for everything. They have no ideas, no policy positions that can be paid for.

Forum List

Back