LOL - "Creation Science" - LOL

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
Creation science or scientific creationism is a Pseudoscientific form of Young Earth creationism which claims to offer scientific arguments for certain literalist and inerrantist interpretations of the Bible.

It is often presented without overt faith-based language, but instead relies on reinterpreting scientific results to argue that various myths in the Book of Genesis and other select biblical passages are scientifically valid. The most commonly advanced ideas of creation science include special creation based on the Genesis creation narrative and flood geology based on the Genesis flood narrative.[1] Creationists also claim they can disprove or reexplain a variety of scientific facts,[2] theories and paradigms of geology,[3] cosmology, biological evolution,[4][5] archaeology,[6][7] history, and linguistics using creation science.[8] Creation science was foundational to intelligent design.[9]

In contrast with the views of creation science, the overwhelming consensus of the scientific community is that creation science Fails to qualify as scientific because it Lacks empirical support, supplies No testable hypotheses, and resolves to describe natural history in terms of scientifically untestable supernatural causes.[10][11]

Courts, most often in the United States where the question has been asked in the context of teaching the subject in public schools, have consistently ruled since the 1980s that creation science is a Religious view rather than a scientific one.

Historians,[12] philosophers of science and skeptics have described creation science as a Pseudoscientific attempt to map the Bible into scientific facts.
[13][14][15][16][17]

Professional biologists have criticized creation science for being unscholarly,[18] and even as a Dishonest and misguided Sham, with extremely harmful educational consequences.[19]...

Last edited:
Creation science or scientific creationism is a Pseudoscientific form of Young Earth creationism which claims to offer scientific arguments for certain literalist and inerrantist interpretations of the Bible.

It is often presented without overt faith-based language, but instead relies on reinterpreting scientific results to argue that various myths in the Book of Genesis and other select biblical passages are scientifically valid. The most commonly advanced ideas of creation science include special creation based on the Genesis creation narrative and flood geology based on the Genesis flood narrative.[1] Creationists also claim they can disprove or reexplain a variety of scientific facts,[2] theories and paradigms of geology,[3] cosmology, biological evolution,[4][5] archaeology,[6][7] history, and linguistics using creation science.[8] Creation science was foundational to intelligent design.[9]

In contrast with the views of creation science, the overwhelming consensus of the scientific community is that creation science Fails to qualify as scientific because it Lacks empirical support, supplies No testable hypotheses, and resolves to describe natural history in terms of scientifically untestable supernatural causes.[10][11]

Courts, most often in the United States where the question has been asked in the context of teaching the subject in public schools, have consistently ruled since the 1980s that creation science is a Religious view rather than a scientific one.

Historians,[12] philosophers of science and skeptics have described creation science as a Pseudoscientific attempt to map the Bible into scientific facts.
[13][14][15][16][17]

Professional biologists have criticized creation science for being unscholarly,[18] and even as a Dishonest and misguided Sham, with extremely harmful educational consequences.[19]...

No opinion either way.

But how did this all start, the universe. Don't give me big bang or anything.how did this start

No opinion either way.
But how did this all start, the universe. Don't give me big bang or anything.how did this start
We don't know/know yet.
That's why we've had and discarded thousands of other gods: when we found out.

`

These people are desperate. What a strange situation. As religion in the first world scales down it will likely become more and more insulted/cult-like.

[13][14][15][16][17]

Great post.

No scientist or science loyal person is obligated to have answers that are currently impossible to know. Lack of information doesn't prove gods exist.
^^^See what I mean

When we die, one of 2 things will happen
There is everlasting life, so who gives a shit now we told ya so though

There is nothing and we won't ever find out. Again, Who gives a shit you'll never know and can't tell us you told us so.

There is or their isn't.......It is or it isn't and so forth

^^^See what I mean

There is nothing and we won't ever find out. Again, Who gives a shit you'll never know and can't tell us you told us so.

More relevant to this topic:
We know NOW that 'creation science'/Young Earth Creationism is Wrong.
Period.

`

^^^See what I mean

Everlasting life sure would be convenient for mortal creatures that are programmed to fear and avoid death. It almost seems like people fear it so much they become desperate to believe in what religion is selling. Maybe I'm wrong though. Hopefully God cuts me some slack if so. I tried.

Doesn't prove they don't either. Since it isn't likely we'll ever know the truth, I guess it comes down to what you want to believe.
Yes, it could be a 200 Mile High version of Liberace somewhere on the other side of the Milky Way controlling the universe and life.
And it could be my cousin Marty too.. or ME!
You'll never prove me wrong either.

`

Last edited:
Yes, it could be a 200 Mile High version of Liberace somewhere on the other side of the Milky Way controlling the universe and life.

`

No need to get snarky about it. Religion offers a lot of comfort to a whole lot of people.

How absurd is it to think something that could possibly be called god/a god could exist in some vague sense that we're not capable of measuring? I'm not talking about organized religion. I'm talking about something that would not contradict science. Is it really fair to compare that kind of belief to believing your cousin Marty is controlling the universe?

All of this really is quite miraculous if you think about it. I certainly see why some people lean toward believing there's a whole lot more to this than we're capable of understanding.

Last edited:
No need to get snarky about it. Religion offers a lot of comfort to a whole lot of people.
So does acupuncture.
Let's not claim it it created the earth in 6 days and you're going to hell if you don't believe it.
The thread really directed at those who persistently/hourly make these ridiculous claims here.

How absurd is it to think something that could possibly be called god/a god could exist in some vague sense that we're not capable of measuring? I'm not talking about organized religion. I'm talking about something that would not contradict science. Is it really fair to compare that kind of belief to believing your cousin Marty is controlling the universe?

All of this really is quite miraculous if you think about it. I certainly see why some people lean toward believing there's a whole lot more to this than we're capable of understanding.
This thread is directed at those who ARE talking about organized religion, not to mention a single one in virtually all instances.

None of these people debating in the section are talking about some general spirituality, (little Dipper, PolChic, Bond, etc) they are talking about Literal Genesis.

No one is debating it's 'awesome' as some [real scientists] use for the wonder of it all, including me.

Sorry Jr, you don't get to claim the 'Mr Fair' middle ground all by your lonesome, including for the amazing things that have already been explained.
`

So does acupuncture.
Let's not claim it it created the earth in 6 days and you're going to hell if you don't believe it.
The thread really directed at those who persistently/hourly make these ridiculous claims here.

I see no reason to be condescending to those who choose religion over acupuncture. For one thing, acupuncture is kinda temporary while religion can last for a lifetime and it relieves more than physical pain. Since none of us including you actually know what is and isn't true regarding God, maybe you should pull back a little bit on calling somebody else's beliefs ridiculous. And BTW, not every religion believes the earth was created in 6 days or that there is in fact a Hell.

I see no reason to be condescending to those who choose religion over acupuncture. For one thing, acupuncture is kinda temporary while religion can last for a lifetime and it relieves more than physical pain. Since none of us including you actually know what is and isn't true regarding God, maybe you should pull back a little bit on calling somebody else's beliefs ridiculous. And BTW, not every religion believes the earth was created in 6 days or that there is in fact a Hell.
There is reason to be condescending to those who daily Mock real science and those of us who post it. He/they call us 'atheist scientists' and post the most preposterous **** in the name of defending their personal crackpot Religion, they insist are 'science.'

Let's get our facts straight on whose been mocking/trolling this section with Religion that should be in another.

`

Forum List

Back