LOL, Analysis of the two lost WS Senate Seats Was Not Unexpected AT ALL

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
You got one guy who was originally a fluke GOP win in a VERY blue district! Then you have the other guy who was scandal plagued and should have resigned either way and he still nearly one (51-49%)!!!

Libtards you can brag about this wins, but don't be so sure that next week the two Dimocrats will keep their seats.

God Bless Gov Walker! He is the in the trio of three best Governors (Walker-Christie-Perry)!!!

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/08/daily_kos_wisconsin_a_victory_for_the_left.html
Democrats did gain two seats in yesterday's special elections, but both pickups were anticipated. This from the Prism Information Network, which analyzes campaigns and elections:
Of the seats facing recall, this 32nd district was by far the most Democratic. The President received 61% here in 2008. Sen. Ron Johnson (R) who unseated then-Sen. Russ Feingold (D) in 2010, scored only 49% here. Walker posted 42%. In the other post-general election political race, the hotly contested 2011 battle for a key state Supreme Court seat, Republican incumbent Judge David Prosser, who won statewide, failed to carry the 32nd district. He registered only 44%. Last night's recall here produced the biggest Democratic victory of the night, but in this type of district, such a result was largely expected.
The other lost GOP seat was held by scandal-tainted Randy Hooper, though Hooper lost only narrowly (51%-49%).
Wisconsin is generally a blue state with a long liberal tradition. Resounding GOP election victories in 2010 show that Wisconsin voters are starting to rethink their politics. Tuesday's special election hold of the state senate by the GOP is another indication that Moulitsas and the left indeed have something to worry about.
Thomas Lifson adds:
For a saner view of the two Democrat victories, trust David Freddoso of the Washington Examiner:
In the end, the union-backed Democrats picked up only two state Senate seats in Wisconsin last night, at a staggering cost in time, effort, and of course money. One of the seats was solidly Democratic, held by a Republican due to an apparent fluke of nature. The other was held by an alleged adulterer who had moved outside his district to live with his young mistress, and whose wife was supporting his recall.

Well noted.

The thing is, Wisconsin has always been one of the more progressive states in the Union. 20 years ago, Walker never would have gotten away with what he did.

That even Wisconsites are tired of the abuses of government workers and saw what the unions were up to, and rejected it. And the Unions spent millions trying to change that opinion (they rarely mentioned the Union fight in their ads, concentrating on other issues) and still lost.

You got one guy who was originally a fluke GOP win in a VERY blue district! Then you have the other guy who was scandal plagued and should have resigned either way and he still nearly one (51-49%)!!!

Libtards you can brag about this wins, but don't be so sure that next week the two Dimocrats will keep their seats.

God Bless Gov Walker! He is the in the trio of three best Governors (Walker-Christie-Perry)!!!

Blog: Daily Kos: Wisconsin a Victory for the Left
Democrats did gain two seats in yesterday's special elections, but both pickups were anticipated. This from the Prism Information Network, which analyzes campaigns and elections:
Of the seats facing recall, this 32nd district was by far the most Democratic. The President received 61% here in 2008. Sen. Ron Johnson (R) who unseated then-Sen. Russ Feingold (D) in 2010, scored only 49% here. Walker posted 42%. In the other post-general election political race, the hotly contested 2011 battle for a key state Supreme Court seat, Republican incumbent Judge David Prosser, who won statewide, failed to carry the 32nd district. He registered only 44%. Last night's recall here produced the biggest Democratic victory of the night, but in this type of district, such a result was largely expected.
The other lost GOP seat was held by scandal-tainted Randy Hooper, though Hooper lost only narrowly (51%-49%).
Wisconsin is generally a blue state with a long liberal tradition. Resounding GOP election victories in 2010 show that Wisconsin voters are starting to rethink their politics. Tuesday's special election hold of the state senate by the GOP is another indication that Moulitsas and the left indeed have something to worry about.
Thomas Lifson adds:
For a saner view of the two Democrat victories, trust David Freddoso of the Washington Examiner:
In the end, the union-backed Democrats picked up only two state Senate seats in Wisconsin last night, at a staggering cost in time, effort, and of course money. One of the seats was solidly Democratic, held by a Republican due to an apparent fluke of nature. The other was held by an alleged adulterer who had moved outside his district to live with his young mistress, and whose wife was supporting his recall.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol: at the Libs

The RW dupes turn out for by elections, but Walker is on his way out. Lots of secret money, made legal by the worst Suprene Court ever, drove this. Koch bros, huge polluters and John Birchers, anyone? No one knows where that money came from, whereas the Dem money was documented. The unions gave concessions last year, but the Pubs insisted on cutting their bargaining rights, a huge screw the workers overreach. It won't stand.

The RW dupes turn out for by elections, but Walker is on his way out. Lots of secret money, made legal by the worst Suprene Court ever, drove this. Koch bros, huge polluters and John Birchers, anyone? No one knows where that money came from, whereas the Dem money was documented. The unions gave concessions last year, but the Pubs insisted on cutting their bargaining rights, a huge screw the workers overreach. It won't stand.

Guy, the problem is, average folks are tired of the unions and their shennigans. You only won the races that were possible, despite all the money the unions spent, because the folks in Wisconsin have seen what hell Unions have wrought. 20% of public school grads can't read their diplomas, they deserve jobs?

Guy, the problem is, average folks are tired of the unions and their shennigans. You only won the races that were possible, despite all the money the unions spent, because the folks in Wisconsin have seen what hell Unions have wrought. 20% of public school grads can't read their diplomas, they deserve jobs?

Gotta agree.

Once the school districts started saving bucko bucks it resonated with most of the taxpayers.

The Unions spent load of money and could only get 2 seats back in Dem hands. Looks like the taxpayers in WI are smarter than they think.

Will wait to see if the Dems up for recall make out as well.

BTW did anyone catch MSNBC's coverage of the WI election?? Jesus. One would have thought it was a presidential election. Had to laugh. They didn't get much to crow over and whats his face was trying like hell. LMAO.

Last edited:

Comrade,

Do you realized that after Walker made this deal, schools that had huge deficit suddenly had huge surpluses. Schools that were going to be closed had operating budgets to stay open. Schools have been HIRING teachers and have NOT been laying off teachers (you can't say the same for IL, CA or NY or any other liberal hell hole)!

When 60% of our property taxes go to paying for RETIRED teacher's pensions, something is wrong. I get a 401K match, but for the most part, I fund my own retirement. Why should teachers be any different. My company pays the majority of my health insurance cost, but I still have to contribute $400 a month towards it. Why should teachers be any different?

Our schools are failing our children and the may culprit is NOT funding its:
(1) Majority of the property tax dollars are paid for RETIRED teacher pension plans. Imagine what more that 60% could pay for!
(2) Senority not merit! Merit increases provides teachers incentive to do better!
(3) Tenure - What the fuck is this marxist policy for? If a teacher sucks he should be gone. Through my years in school, I noticed tenured teachers were by far the worst! They incentive for them to increase their knowledge and skill set evaporated!
(4) Health insurance - They get the best insurance at little to no cost. That is messed up any way you look at it. Right now we don't have UHC, so the private sector shouldn't be paying for their.
(5) Unions - They get a ton of money grants from the Dimocrats, who then "donate" it back to the politician's campaign. They are corrupt organization. They don't give a fuck how bad they have made the school system! They really don't!

Collective bargaining limitations lead to school improvements in one Wisconsin district « Hot Air

The Washington Examiner’s Byron York reports:
The Kaukauna School District, in the Fox River Valley of Wisconsin near Appleton, has about 4,200 students and about 400 employees. It has struggled in recent times and this year faced a deficit of $400,000. But after the law went into effect, at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, school officials put in place new policies they estimate will turn that $400,000 deficit into a $1.5 million surplus. And it’s all because of the very provisions that union leaders predicted would be disastrous.
In the past, teachers and other staff at Kaukauna were required to pay 10 percent of the cost of their health insurance coverage and none of their pension costs. Now, they’ll pay 12.6 percent of the cost of their coverage (still well below rates in much of the private sector) and also contribute 5.8 percent of salary to their pensions. The changes will save the school board an estimated $1.2 million this year, according to board President Todd Arnoldussen.
These savings were only made possible by limits on collective bargaining, York explains. Before Walker’s bill became law, the school district was obligated, by its collective bargaining agreement, to purchase health insurance coverage from WEA Trust, a union-created company. WEA Trust predictably hiked its prices — but, as soon as the school district became free to shop around for cheaper coverage, even WEA Trust dropped what it was charging.
But wait, there’s more: With those savings, the school district plans to hire more teachers!
Limits on collective bargaining will also lead to smaller class sizes, a boon for students. That’s because, in the absence of the work rules in place under the unions, teachers will now pick up an extra class period a day, teaching six instead of five — and will be present at the school for a full 40 hours each week, rather than just 37.5. I’d venture to guess it’s easier for a teacher to teach just 26 students at a time than it is to teach 31, too.
The school district also plans to implement merit pay.

Dems spend $20MM here, outspending by 2-1 too.

OMFG! They could easily lose another 75 seats in 2012!

So,

one guy was a fluke who won in a normally blue district, that makes it no big deal.

So I guess the GOP'ers who held onto their seats in normally RED districts, that was no big deal either?

So,

one guy was a fluke who won in a normally blue district, that makes it no big deal.

So I guess the GOP'ers who held onto their seats in normally RED districts, that was no big deal either?

See the district voting trends, it was a huge fluke the GOP took that district. It would be like the GOP winning Mayor of Chicago.

The other guy was scandal plagued and should have resigned because of that.

Carb, wait until next week. The GOP could very well pick these seats back up in BlueBall Wisconsin!

I support Scott Walker, He stood up to the union thugs. There was a time and place for the unions and this time has past we dont need them anymore they are a bunch of whiny babies who cry every time they dont get their way

I support Scott Walker, He stood up to the union thugs. There was a time and place for the unions and this time has past we dont need them anymore they are a bunch of whiny babies who cry every time they dont get their way

I wouldn't say the unions are no longer needed. Public unions foresure need to go, but some private unions still have a place. They just need less power!

Had the dimocrats won enough to take back control we would never have heard the end of it. That they didn't though, but got back two seats, is now supposedly a victory for them. Not buying that here but, hey, if it makes them feel good so be it.

What makes me feel good is the boatload of union money squandered in the attempt. Nice going, stooges!

I wouldn't say the unions are no longer needed. Public unions foresure need to go, but some private unions still have a place. They just need less power!

I don't think they need less power so much as they need to realize what their goals are.

Unions have kind of come to personify Santayana's definiation of a fanatic- someone who redoubles his effort while losing sight of his goal.

Unions used to be about good things- making sure working people got a fair shake. Today, they are about protecting members against other working people.

In another thread, I posted the story of a union teacher who was accused of molesting a student. For 14 years, he's been collecting a salary of nearly six figures for not working, because the unions made it impossible to fire him, but no principal in his right mind it going to put him in a classroom with kids.

Forum List

Back