Logical proof for the existence of "God", or Why I'm not an Atheist

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
If the Big Bang theory is correct, then the universe at one time derived from a single infinitely dense particle.

Since such a particle would be a singularity (thus existing outside the boundaries of time and space), would contain all of existence, and would have "created the universe" then it would essentially be "God".

Now of course this is not the "God" that various religions have put forth, as an old man in the sky, sitting over us in judgement, but it is, for all practical purposes, "God".

Now this of course leads to the conclusion that we, as part of the universe, are then part of God.

Just a thought. And it's the main reason why I'm not an Atheist, but more of an Agnostic, as I simply do not know if said infinite particle was self-aware.

But hey, who's to say what amount of time six days actually is in the eyes of God?

If the Big Bang theory is correct, then the universe at one time derived from a single infinitely dense particle.

Since such a particle would be a singularity (thus existing outside the boundaries of time and space), would contain all of existence, and would have "created the universe" then it would essentially be "God".

Now of course this is not the "God" that various religions have put forth, as an old man in the sky, sitting over us in judgement, but it is, for all practical purposes, "God".

Now this of course leads to the conclusion that we, as part of the universe, are then part of God.

Just a thought. And it's the main reason why I'm not an Atheist, but more of an Agnostic, as I simply do not know if said infinite particle was self-aware.

But hey, who's to say what amount of time six days actually is in the eyes of God?

I can buy it, God being matter and energy. But definitely not like anything religions make god to be like

• Banned
Labeling natural phenomena "God" is pointless.

What defines "God" in the eyes of religious folks?

1. He/She created the Universe

2. He is omnipotent and all-encompassing

The only thing missing is "benevolence".

If there is a god, then this would be it, from a logical standpoint.

What defines "God" in the eyes of religious folks?

1. He/She created the Universe
Creation is a conscious act.

2. He is omnipotent and all-encompassing
Why do you believe that a singularity is capable of omnipotence? Are black holes "gods"?

The only thing missing is "benevolence".
You say that as if it isn't a gaping hole in your theory.

If there is a god, then this would be it, from a logical standpoint.
Says who? You've affixed a "deity" label to a natural occurrence. That doesn't involve the use of any logical proof, yet you're claiming that if there is a God, this must be it?

[youtube]HHL5yLWd87w[/youtube]​

Consciousness and awareness and self...

science or religion?

:lol:

think of this a s a gift from Dante.

enjoy

:cool:
dD

IONS - About the Institute of Noetic Sciences

:eusa_shhh:

Why do you believe that a singularity is capable of omnipotence? Are black holes "gods"?
Why do you believe a God is capable of omnipotence?

Even God cannot change the past.
- Agathon

Irrelevant. If that question is really eating away at you, feel free to start another thread about it and let me know.
Since omnipotence is hardly irrelevant to a discussion of God, you obviously can't handle the fact that even God has natural limitations. The Second Law of Thermodynamics says time moves in only one direction and even God is bound by it.

I'm not an athiest because of personal sacred experiences and revelations which make it clear that there is a God. It seems illogical to ignore my own experience in favor of what other who havent had the same experiences say.

Why do you believe a God is capable of omnipotence?

Even God cannot change the past.
- Agathon

Irrelevant. If that question is really eating away at you, feel free to start another thread about it and let me know.
Since omnipotence is hardly irrelevant to a discussion of God, you obviously can't handle the fact that even God has natural limitations.

Beginning a phrase with "you obviously can't handle the fact that..." lets me know that you're a total prick, so thanks for the heads up. :thup:

Again, feel free to start another thread. This one is about Vast LWC's belief and I don't intend to hijack it.

Since omnipotence is hardly irrelevant to a discussion of God, you obviously can't handle the fact that even God has natural limitations.

Beginning a phrase with "you obviously can't handle the fact that..." lets me know that you're a total prick, so thanks for the heads up. :thup:

Again, feel free to start another thread. This one is about Vast LWC's belief and I don't intend to hijack it.

And I appreciate that.

On the subject of benevolence and Omnipotence, one might theorize that if said particle contains all the universe, and is not subject to linear time, then it may in fact contain all the intelligence of the universe also. Of course, this is purely theoretical, but possible, in an infinite, quantum sort of way.

Personally I find this to be much more likely than some old man in the sky, but again, anything is possible.

Thus the reason why I'm not an Atheist... well, that and the fact that to be an Atheist is to be positive there is no God, which has the same amount of plausibility as saying there definitely is a God.

If you're going to say that there is no proof that God exists, then by the same logic, there is also no proof that he DOESN'T exist.

Personally I believe that the infinite particle at the beginning of the universe is proof enough that there is some type of "God", if not one that fits common religious molds.

Forum List

Back