Lockdowns

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
Question for the users here:

If politicians had their compensation reduced by 50% and pensions frozen until the world "reopens" would they be as strict with the lockdowns? My thoughts are people who support prolonged lockdowns are those who can work from home and/or are still getting paid would be less inclined to support having their states closed.

Honest question. What does everyone think?

Thanks

1590762278365.png

If politicians had their compensation reduced by 50% and pensions frozen until the world "reopens" would they be as strict with the lockdowns? My thoughts are people who support prolonged lockdowns are those who can work from home and/or are still getting paid would be less inclined to support having their states closed.

Thanks

I think when you talk "government shutdown" all the politicians freak out and talk about the poor suffering employees. When the private sector is shut down, they want us to keep our mouths shut and obey.

Thanks

Yeah, the decision makers are the ones least affected by their own decisions on how to handle the lock downs. If they want they can have a hair salon or jewelry store open just for their own convenience. The rest of society needs to be lectured on its selfishness.

I think it's pretty funny that after all the wittering about freedoms and individual/constitutional rights US citizens are surprised their politicians have the same regard for social cohesion as the citizens.

Thanks
Agreed.

LONGTERM LOCKDOWNS WERE A TERRIBLE IDEA: Lockdowns Intended To Preserve Our Health Are Making Us Poorer and Angrier: Even as the economy recovers, pain from the COVID-19 lockdowns still lingers.

“Half of Americans who lost their job because of the pandemic are still out of work, and the resulting damage to finances falls hardest—as you might expect—on lower-income people who have little cushion against hard times. That’s something to keep in mind as politicians contemplate renewed restrictions, especially given the potential for economic pain to worsen already-simmering social tensions.”​

It’s almost as if some politicians want us to be poorer and angrier.

Forum List

Back