Lock him up! Why is repeat offender Donald Trump still a free man?

It’s truly strange that in a land of laws, Trump still walks free, strutting around his fancy-pants golf course, holding $250,000 a head fundraisers, evading justice, encouraging sedition, and daily blogging divisive bile about a stolen election. The Big Kahuna peddles the Big Lie. What other self-respecting country would allow it?

The dismaying answer may be that to lock him up – the fate he wished on Hillary Clinton – would be to risk another insurrection. That’s the last thing Joe Biden and America’s wobbly democracy needs. But letting him get away with it harms democracy, too. In office, Trump ruled by lawlessness and fear. In exile, fear keeps him beyond the reach of the law.

Its a real puzzle isnt it ? I am guessing the answer is in the final paragraph. Why poke the snake. He will not be around for long anyway.

I think that attitude is wrong. At some point an intelligent version of Trump will show up. He needs to be able to see that there are consequences for criminal behaviour or that will be the end of the US.
It's probably safe to say that, if he has indeed broken laws, we'll know about it within a year. Right now all we have is the same types of rumors, conjecture and assumptions that Trumpsters cling to on their end.

If nothing significant is found, then that's it. The good thing is this probably won't be an endless process.
According to the Manhattan DA
of New York who has form a grand jury ... he will being having a grand jury hear the violations trump has committed... the people around trump will be testifying against him for the next 6 months ... they said they will be testifying 3 days a week in the grand jury ... now you might think 3 days a week is not a lot ... according to all DA’s that a lot ...most grand jury hearings are 1 day a week for 3 months ... they must have a ton of shit on trump...
They might have a lot on Trump, but remember that he's known for giving tacit approval and tacit directions. Intent could be tough to prove.

And regardless, I'm not convinced that any legal jeopardy or punishment would change things. This has never been about him. The Trumpism jihad isn't going away any time soon. Giving it a martyr could only make it worse.

It’s truly strange that in a land of laws, Trump still walks free, strutting around his fancy-pants golf course, holding $250,000 a head fundraisers, evading justice, encouraging sedition, and daily blogging divisive bile about a stolen election. The Big Kahuna peddles the Big Lie. What other self-respecting country would allow it?

The dismaying answer may be that to lock him up – the fate he wished on Hillary Clinton – would be to risk another insurrection. That’s the last thing Joe Biden and America’s wobbly democracy needs. But letting him get away with it harms democracy, too. In office, Trump ruled by lawlessness and fear. In exile, fear keeps him beyond the reach of the law.

Its a real puzzle isnt it ? I am guessing the answer is in the final paragraph. Why poke the snake. He will not be around for long anyway.

I think that attitude is wrong. At some point an intelligent version of Trump will show up. He needs to be able to see that there are consequences for criminal behaviour or that will be the end of the US.
He is mentally unfit to stand trial.
you're right, there are no crimes. Sort of stupid to bring someone in for nothing. blank inventory all you got.

It's probably safe to say that, if he has indeed broken laws, we'll know about it within a year. Right now all we have is the same types of rumors, conjecture and assumptions that Trumpsters cling to on their end.

If nothing significant is found, then that's it. The good thing is this probably won't be an endless process.
of New York who has form a grand jury ... he will being having a grand jury hear the violations trump has committed... the people around trump will be testifying against him for the next 6 months ... they said they will be testifying 3 days a week in the grand jury ... now you might think 3 days a week is not a lot ... according to all DA’s that a lot ...most grand jury hearings are 1 day a week for 3 months ... they must have a ton of shit on trump...
They have "a ton of shit" and you have "shit for a link".

Run along, Dumbass.
yet. you could't point out any where I was wrong ... all you did was typical right wing nut job responses, "lets call him a dumb ass" and that will cover your ass ... looks like you're running scared .... looks like you're afraid of Pelosi and Schumer too ... they are the ones who are bring him down ... we already know he looks good in orange ... riker island, party of 5 !!!! no waiting !!!!. looks like he won't be running to many rallies, now will he ... all that money to pay for these rallies will go to try and keep him out of jail ... can ya see it, they take his pass port way make him ride trains ... debtors will start closing in on him ... I can see it now... he will be squealing oh so loud... its those left wing lefties attack mw ... thats what happens when you lie so much, us lefties will hold you for it ...
Just what the board needs...........another nutbag Dimwinger with terminal TDS.

They might have a lot on Trump, but remember that he's known for giving tacit approval and tacit directions. Intent could be tough to prove.

And regardless, I'm not convinced that any legal jeopardy or punishment would change things. This has never been about him. The Trumpism jihad isn't going away any time soon. Giving it a martyr could only make it worse.
don't know what world you are in but in jail is fine for me for trump and his family... thats where they all belong ...

He is mentally unfit to stand trial.
you're right, there are no crimes. Sort of stupid to bring someone in for nothing. blank inventory all you got.
actually we all don’t know what they got on Donnie, now do we... seems all his people, they’re having a little chat with the grand jury ... seems trump is all excited ... he’s ranting like the little coward he is ... it seems all the people involved with trumps business are starting to flip on good ole Donnie .... trump will be getting his new size of a orange jump suit soon ... you can’t stand that thought ... it’s killing you that you are starting to realize you support a criminal ... they got the goods on trump ... save your time to ask me what the goods are??? Only the grand jury will know that answer ... these New York DA are smiling from ear to ear... and you with your crocodile tears it won’t help Donnie at all ... well sucks to be you ...

actually we all don’t know what they got on Donnie, now do we... seems all his people, they’re having a little chat with the grand jury ... seems trump is all excited ... he’s ranting like the little coward he is ... it seems all the people involved with trumps business are starting to flip on good ole Donnie .... trump will be getting his new size of a orange jump suit soon ... you can’t stand that thought ... it’s killing you that you are starting to realize you support a criminal ... they got the goods on trump ... save your time to ask me what the goods are??? Only the grand jury will know that answer ... these New York DA are smiling from ear to ear... and you with your crocodile tears it won’t help Donnie at all ... well sucks to be you ...
sure you do, they got nothing. hahahahaahahahahaha you are a TDS veteran now.

sure you do, they got nothing. hahahahaahahahahaha you are a TDS veteran now.
Are you this stupid ??? really are you??? No Da in any state would ever think of taking a crook to a grand jury period with some evidence .... now that they finally got trumps taxes ... as soon as they got his taxes they filed for a criminal grand jury for fraud ... yeah Donnie legs are a shaking ... orange suit no waiting for one fat ass X president Bwa Hahahahahahaha Bwa hahahahahahaha what a fool you are

One huge problem with all this is that (if I remember the case correctly) that DA ran on promising to prosecute Trump, which is essentially the same strategy employed by Kim Gardner (I may have spelled the name wrong- it's the McCloskey case), for which she is now being prosecuted.
Here's a video on Gardener: Video

No Da in any state would ever think of taking a crook to a grand jury period with some evidence .... now that they finally got trumps taxes ... as soon as they got his taxes they filed for a criminal grand jury for fraud ... yeah Donnie legs are a shaking
Another liberal who lives in a fantasy world.

Forum List

Back