Liz Cheney would 'find it very difficult' to support DeSantis because of Trump similarities

Ah, Lesh? It would be far easier to show the few places where Florida hasn't exploded population wise. I've been here for twenty years and I've never seen as many people flood the State as I have over the past two years.
Enjoy it while it lasts. Home insurance rates are skyrocketing as are rents

Duh? That's what happens when people are pouring into an area! The price of real estate is through the roof in Florida because so many people want to live here.

The last concern of any home buyer is insurance rates. Insurance rates are nothing compared to property taxes. That's what you look at.

You do realize that DeSantis is incredibly popular in Florida because he's made the lives of Floridians better with his policies? Progressive policies are hurting Americans badly. The country may not be able to weather another two years of liberal ineptitude let alone four years. We need Democrats out of power as soon as possible.
I moved to Florida after my time in the military and in my opinion DeSantis is the best Governor I have seen the in 53 years I have lived here.

And rents/mortgages?

Yes, much more costly than insurance. But remember too that rents are high and increasing all across the country, not just Florida. I've been a landlord for 30 years. I come from a family of landlords. I've never seen it like it's been the last six or seven year before.

The last time I advertised an apartment was about six and a half years ago. it was February, and nobody is moving in February up north. I went to my computer the next morning and there were 14 replies. They wanted to start a price war, offering me more money than I advertised the place for. Some offering double security, or taking the rent sight unseen. It's just been nuts. I can't imagine what it's been like in Florida.

Yes, much more costly than insurance. But remember too that rents are high and increasing all across the country, not just Florida. I've been a landlord for 30 years. I come from a family of landlords. I've never seen it like it's been the last six or seven year before.

The last time I advertised an apartment was about six and a half years ago. it was February, and nobody is moving in February up north. I went to my computer the next morning and there were 14 replies. They wanted to start a price war, offering me more money than I advertised the place for. Some offering double security, or taking the rent sight unseen. It's just been nuts. I can't imagine what it's been like in Florida.
We had price wars up north too. Still do to some extent.

For all those who suggested that the whole Cheney leading the 1/6 Committee was virtuous and benevolent, she just sunk that narrative.

Of course, as many already suspect, this is about the Neo-Cons wanting to control the GOP again. These are the same people who hated the outsider Reagan who eventually became the most popular Conservative president in history and probably paved the way for George H W Bushes WH win.

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., wouldn't commit to throwing her weight behind Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis if he were the GOP presidential candidate in 2024 because of his similarities to former President Donald Trump.

"I think that Ron DeSantis has lined himself up almost entirely with Donald Trump, and I think that’s very dangerous," Cheney said during an interview at a house party last week, according to the New York Times.

Cheney, who faces an uphill climb to keep her seat in Congress during next week's Wyoming primary election, said she "would find it very difficult" to support DeSantis in a general election, but also brushed off talk that she would change parties.

"I’m a Republican," she said during the interview, though she argued that the party "may not be" salvageable in the short term because it is "very sick" and "is continuing to drive itself in a ditch and I think it’s going to take several cycles if it can be healed."
yuhbnnjj.jpeg

For all those who suggested that the whole Cheney leading the 1/6 Committee was virtuous and benevolent, she just sunk that narrative.

Of course, as many already suspect, this is about the Neo-Cons wanting to control the GOP again. These are the same people who hated the outsider Reagan who eventually became the most popular Conservative president in history and probably paved the way for George H W Bushes WH win.

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., wouldn't commit to throwing her weight behind Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis if he were the GOP presidential candidate in 2024 because of his similarities to former President Donald Trump.

"I think that Ron DeSantis has lined himself up almost entirely with Donald Trump, and I think that’s very dangerous," Cheney said during an interview at a house party last week, according to the New York Times.

Cheney, who faces an uphill climb to keep her seat in Congress during next week's Wyoming primary election, said she "would find it very difficult" to support DeSantis in a general election, but also brushed off talk that she would change parties.

"I’m a Republican," she said during the interview, though she argued that the party "may not be" salvageable in the short term because it is "very sick" and "is continuing to drive itself in a ditch and I think it’s going to take several cycles if it can be healed."
I would just LOVE to hear her recommendations. Please, Liz, give us your top 5.

I'd find it difficult to support the Canadian P.M after photos showing him in blackface emerged and the atrocities perpetrated against Canadian truckers last winter but I couldn't care less about the convoluted system in Canada. Maybe y'all shockedcanadian should find a Brit or a French forum you might feel more comfortable with.

You do realize that DeSantis is incredibly popular in Florida because he's made the lives of Floridians better with his policies? Progressive policies are hurting Americans badly. The country may not be able to weather another two years of liberal ineptitude let alone four years. We need Democrats out of power as soon as possible.
but he's hated by near half of the Floridians.

but he's hated by near half of the Floridians.
Now who told you that, Care? CNN? MSNBC? DeSantis is one of the more popular Governors in the country actually. As opposed to the Whitmer's, Cuomo's and Newsome's who treat their constituents like serfs.

Charlie Baker (R-MA)73%14%
Larry Hogan (R-MD)70%16%
Chris Sununu (R-NH)65%23%
Phil Scott (R-VT)60%26%
Doug Burgum (R-ND)59%19%
Mark Gordon (R-WY)59%9%
Asa Hutchinson (R-AR)59%24%
Greg Abbott (R-TX)58%24%
Ron DeSantis (R-FL)57%20%
Kay Ivey (R-AL)57%29%

Notice anything interesting about that list of the most popular Govs? Every single one of them is a Republican! Isn't THAT amazing?
Oh...and just for context...here are the most unpopular...

Ned Lamont (D-CT)32% 48%
Matt Bevin (R-KY)32% 56%
Gina Raimondo (D-RI) 38%55%
Kate Brown (D-OR)41% 45%
Ralph Northam (D-VA)42%37%
Gavin Newsom (D-CA)43% 33%
Jim Justice (R-WV) 43% 43%
Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)44%34%
JB Pritzker (D-IL) 44%

Last edited:

Forum List

Back