Liz Cheney voted out of GOP leadership position

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
IMHO, she was too much of a distraction at a time when the GOP needs to be united against Biden and the democrats. She just wouldn't STFU, and she voted with the democrats to impeach Trump; there's nothing wrong with opposing somebody even in your own party, but for her it felt like a holy crusade against Trump. Assuming she runs for re-election, it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Then there's this:

More than 100 Republicans will sign a letter Thursday threatening to create a third party if the GOP doesn't "break" with former President Trump, Reuters first reported.
Why it matters: Per Axios' Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei, Trump's grip on the GOP has gotten stronger since the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. The Republican Party's "allegiance to Trump" as he continues to make false claims about his 2020 election loss has "dismayed" the group, according to Reuters.
Stay on top of the latest market trends and economic insights with Axios Markets. Subscribe for free

• Per the New York Times, the letter's preamble will state, "When in our democratic republic, forces of conspiracy, division, and despotism arise, it is the patriotic duty of citizens to act collectively in defense of liberty and justice."
  • The letter is due to be released one day after House Republicans are expected to vote on ousting Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) from her position as conference chair.

For the record: The letter's signatories include former "governors, members of Congress, ambassadors, cabinet secretaries, state legislators and Republican Party chairmen," per the Times, citing co-organizer Miles Taylor.
What they're saying: "This is us saying that ... the situation has gotten so dire with the Republican Party that it is now time to seriously consider whether an alternative might be the only option, said Taylor, the Trump-era Department of Homeland Security official who wrote an anonymous NYT op-ed on the administration.

• Taylor also tweeted: "My philosophy on GOP extremists: if you won't join 'em, beat 'em. Come fight with us."
The other side: Jason Miller, a spokesperson for Trump, tweeted: "These losers left the Republican Party when they voted for Joe Biden."

Whoa. Tough times for the GOP, a split in the party makes it really hard to beat the democrats, no?

Liz is the face of conservatism and she now owns the loyalty of the corporations with the money. And she has the pretty face it takes for a politician to succeed in America.

Her foes are people like Marjorie, Matthew, Kevin, and Trump.

Could Ted Cruz break to go with her on the excuse of needing to support her solid conservatism?
Can any real conservatives ignore the attraction she offers to end it all for teabaggery in general?

It's too crazy. An elected republican congresswoman who declares war on the former (republican) president while the current (democrat) president leads the Country down the drain. She needs to resign from congress and find some storefront where she can try to recruit fools like herself for a 3rd party.
She's taking big corporate money with her.
The Republican party must have known that this wasn't a good time to challenge her conservative prinicples.
or
Maybe they saw it as the opportunity to have a reason to desert Trump as he goes off the deep end in Florida.

Who is a strong enough conservative voice that can stop Biden from taking America down the drain? Trump or Liz?

It's too crazy. An elected republican congresswoman who declares war on the former (republican) president while the current (democrat) president leads the Country down the drain. She needs to resign from congress and find some storefront where she can try to recruit fools like herself for a 3rd party.

Yeah, but here's my fear: as noted in the OP, if there is a split in the GOP between the anti-Trumpers and everyone else in the party, what does that do to the chances of removing the democrats from power? I believe the difference between wining and losing these days is pretty damn slim, look how close it was in those half-dozen of so states that cost Trump the election. Whether it was legit or not, I wouldn't bet the rent that if he runs Trump would win without support from the entire Republican Party.

Liz is the face of conservatism and she now owns the loyalty of the corporations with the money. And she has the pretty face it takes for a politician to succeed in America.

Could Ted Cruz break to go with her on the excuse of needing to support her solid conservatism?
Can any real conservatives ignore the attraction she offers to end it all for teabaggery in general?

^^^Look at the lefty whoring himself out for Dick Cheney's daughter and the corporate billionaires. LOL!

Yeah, but here's my fear: as noted in the OP, if there is a split in the GOP between the anti-Trumpers and everyone else in the party, what does that do to the chances of removing the democrats from power? I believe the difference between wining and losing these days is pretty damn slim, look how close it was in those half-dozen of so states that cost Trump the election. Whether it was legit or not, I wouldn't bet the rent that if he runs Trump would win without support from the entire Republican Party.
Trump got more legal votes than any politician in global history.
The Never Trumpers represent maybe 0.5% of the Republican base.
Clean House and replace them with working class fighters like Marjorie and Steve Bannon etc.

This just shows which political party has a set of balls. No Democrat would ever be removed by their own party, regardless of all the BS they're continually getting away with.

Case in point: Swallwell slept with a Chinese spy, but was he removed from the House Select Committee on Intelligence?

Nope.

^^^Look at the lefty whoring himself out for Dick Cheney's daughter and the corporate billionaires. LOL!
I'm a Canadian and that makes me a lefty by default. Don't sweat it marvin.

Liz Cheney is the conservative's conservative who is threatening to save America.

First from the failed leadership of Trump.
And second from the Biden threat to the American way.

Don't feel upset for the sake of me and my whoring. I'm just seeing Cheney as the break from the crazy that needs a conservative to lead the way out.

I'm a Canadian and that makes me a lefty by default. Don't sweat it marvin.

Liz Cheney is the conservative's conservative who is threatening to save America.

First from the failed leadership of Trump.
And second from the Biden threat to the American way.

Don't feel upset for the sake of me and my whoring. I'm just seeing Cheney as the break from the crazy that needs a conservative to lead the way out.

I'm not upset, quite the opposite. It makes me very happy to see you whoring for Dick Cheney's daughter and the corporate billionaires. Now we all know who you really are.

Forum List

Back