Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I hope they make this happen.

Liz Cheney To Replace Abraham Lincoln On Five-Dollar Bill

U.S. · Aug 23, 2022 · BabylonBee.com

Article Image

WASHINGTON, DC — In a controversial announcement, the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing unveiled plans to replace Abraham Lincoln's portrait on the five-dollar bill with one of Wyoming Congresswoman Liz Cheney.
"We know that many people hold President Lincoln in high regard, but the way we see it, Liz Cheney is so similar to Lincoln that there really isn't any noticeable difference," said Bureau spokesperson Alex Gingles. "Plus, she's a woman, so we're being, like, inclusive and stuff."

The announcement was met with praise from the mainstream media, but not everyone was pleased to hear about the change. "They're replacing one of the greatest leaders this country has ever had with the lady who can't even win her primary election as an incumbent? Sad!" said former President Donald Trump in a memo released on his Truth Social account. "It would be much more appropriate to put my face on our currency, but not five dollars. My face should be on the jillion-dollar bill."
Though commentators cite similarities Cheney shares with Lincoln (such as both of them bringing the nation closer to civil war and being hated by half of the population), it remains to be seen how the general public will receive the change.
At publishing time, officials were still moving forward with their decision but admitted that it was likely that by the time production began on the new Liz Cheney five-dollar bills, they would only be worth about three dollars each due to inflation.

Article Image

WASHINGTON, DC — In a controversial announcement, the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing unveiled plans to replace Abraham Lincoln's portrait on the five-dollar bill with one of Wyoming Congresswoman Liz Cheney.
"We know that many people hold President Lincoln in high regard, but the way we see it, Liz Cheney is so similar to Lincoln that there really isn't any noticeable difference," said Bureau spokesperson Alex Gingles. "Plus, she's a woman, so we're being, like, inclusive and stuff."

The announcement was met with praise from the mainstream media, but not everyone was pleased to hear about the change. "They're replacing one of the greatest leaders this country has ever had with the lady who can't even win her primary election as an incumbent? Sad!" said former President Donald Trump in a memo released on his Truth Social account. "It would be much more appropriate to put my face on our currency, but not five dollars. My face should be on the jillion-dollar bill."
Though commentators cite similarities Cheney shares with Lincoln (such as both of them bringing the nation closer to civil war and being hated by half of the population), it remains to be seen how the general public will receive the change.
At publishing time, officials were still moving forward with their decision but admitted that it was likely that by the time production began on the new Liz Cheney five-dollar bills, they would only be worth about three dollars each due to inflation.

Good luck with that. The law says that she has to be DEAD first. Do they know something we don't? Hmmmmm.

Article Image

As soon as I read the headline I knew it was from the Babylon Bee.

You do realize the Babylon Bee is a conservative site that attempts to do satire, right?

Mostly unsuccessfully.

This fails because it's just not attached to reality in any way. Nobody wants to change the $5 bill for anyone. Nobody worships Liz Cheney. It's just dumb.
Jealousy becomes you.

You do realize the Babylon Bee is a conservative site that attempts to do satire, right?

Mostly unsuccessfully.

This fails because it's just not attached to reality in any way. Nobody wants to change the $5 bill for anyone. Nobody worships Liz Cheney. It's just dumb.
Huh?

Mostly unsuccessfully.

We all see that, like all libtards, you are humorless.

Forum List

Back