...Liz Cheney seems to be angling for the Alternative GOP....

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
Supposedly tomorrow Cheney is to be voted out of her leadership position in the House.
Elise Stefanik of New York, supposedly, is to replace her. Cheney with 92+% support for Trump in her voting, Stefanik with something like 72'sh %.

Yet, Kevin McCarthy and Trump-beholden Representatives are picking one and rejecting the other.
So be it.

However..........

However, Cheney ain't gonna go knit baby-sweaters......or re-load ammunition.
She seems, instead, to be angling to establish a 'Never Trump', or a 'Anti-Trump', or maybe just an 'American Common Sense'; ...wing of the GOP.

In short, we may end up with sort of a 'Me' and Mini-Me'......or 'Master and Blaster' parallel track for the Republicans.

If she gets booted tomorrow, I kinda sorta think she will still be laying down markers for Don Trump to be measured against, Plus, laying down markers for GOP legislators to measure themselves.

For example, today. In the House of Representatives, Cheney again fired a broadside at Trump and those fanboys in the Congress who support him.

These paragraphs quoted below came from today's 'The Hill' news website.
Provided at the bottom is a link to Cheney's speech today on the House floor.

They may vote her out of leadership on Wednesday, but......but I suspect that if that happens we still will hear a lot from Cheney and her idea of a 'GOP of Smarter Better Angels'.

IMHO
---------------------------------------------------------------------

From tonight's 'The Hill':

"Cheney, who currently serves as chair of the House Republican Conference, made clear in her Tuesday night floor speech that she isn't backing down against the former president, despite the expected cost to her political ambitions in the House.

“Every one of us who has sworn the oath must act to prevent the unraveling of our democracy. This is not about policy. This is not about partisanship. This is about our duty as Americans," Cheney said.

"Remaining silent and ignoring the lie emboldens the liar," Cheney continued. "I will not participate in that. I will not sit back and watch in silence while others lead our party down a path that abandons the rule of law, and joins the former president's crusade to undermine our democracy."

Cheney warned that the U.S. faces an unprecedented threat to its democratic process with Trump continuing to claim that President Biden was not legitimately elected.

READ: Liz Cheney's speech on the House floor

Go to nearby thread by 'JimhH52". He started his 'Cheney' thread first. So, for ease of posting, let us follow his lead.

Last edited:
It's crazy to think that Cheney isn't crazy enough but indeed it would be crazy to put another Cheney in the White House.

It's crazy to think that Cheney isn't crazy enough but indeed it would be crazy to put another Cheney in the White House.
And yet that speech was spot on. It was beautiful. When the Republican party removes her from her leadership position they sign their death warrant. History will judge them harshly. Trump is a fool. And those that support him are even bigger fools.

Supposedly tomorrow Cheney is to be voted out of her leadership position in the House.
Elise Stefanik of New York, supposedly, is to replace her. Cheney with 92+% support for Trump in her voting, Stefanik with something like 72'sh %.

Yet, Kevin McCarthy and Trump-beholden Representatives are picking one and rejecting the other.
So be it.

However..........

However, Cheney ain't gonna go knit baby-sweaters......or re-load ammunition.
She seems, instead, to be angling to establish a 'Never Trump', or a 'Anti-Trump', or maybe just an 'American Common Sense'; ...wing of the GOP.

In short, we may end up with sort of a 'Me' and Mini-Me'......or 'Master and Blaster' parallel track for the Republicans.

If she gets booted tomorrow, I kinda sorta think she will still be laying down markers for Don Trump to be measured against, Plus, laying down markers for GOP legislators to measure themselves.

For example, today. In the House of Representatives, Cheney again fired a broadside at Trump and those fanboys in the Congress who support him.

These paragraphs quoted below came from today's 'The Hill' news website.
Provided at the bottom is a link to Cheney's speech today on the House floor.

They may vote her out of leadership on Wednesday, but......but I suspect that if that happens we still will hear a lot from Cheney and her idea of a 'GOP of Smarter Better Angels'.

IMHO

From tonight's 'The Hill':

"Cheney, who currently serves as chair of the House Republican Conference, made clear in her Tuesday night floor speech that she isn't backing down against the former president, despite the expected cost to her political ambitions in the House.

“Every one of us who has sworn the oath must act to prevent the unraveling of our democracy. This is not about policy. This is not about partisanship. This is about our duty as Americans," Cheney said.

"Remaining silent and ignoring the lie emboldens the liar," Cheney continued. "I will not participate in that. I will not sit back and watch in silence while others lead our party down a path that abandons the rule of law, and joins the former president's crusade to undermine our democracy."

Cheney warned that the U.S. faces an unprecedented threat to its democratic process with Trump continuing to claim that President Biden was not legitimately elected.

READ: Liz Cheney's speech on the House floor

There is no "alternative" to the Trump GOP. Everything else benefits the Democrats.

Well I don't know how to kill this thread or subsume it into that nearby ...and earlier .....thread by JimH52.

We both are plowing the same ground.
So rather than have two threads......let's go with JimH52's.

And yet that speech was spot on. It was beautiful. When the Republican party removes her from her leadership position they sign their death warrant. History will judge them harshly. Trump is a fool. And those that support him are even bigger fools.

Good grief, hysterical much? She's not being executed, she's just losing her leadership position because she's shown she's more about promoting herself than leading the GOP. To leave a meeting where she was supposed to be planning for the next election to promote herself to reporters was the proverbial nails in her coffin.

Nikki Haley let us down with the flag issue.
Liz Cheney let us down with the stolen election.
Sooner of later the same will happen with Noem, Ernst, and even Greene. We really should be more careful who we vote for.

Good grief, hysterical much? She's not being executed, she's just losing her leadership position because she's shown she's more about promoting herself than leading the GOP. To leave a meeting where she was supposed to be planning for the next election to promote herself to reporters was the proverbial nails in her coffin.
She will split the Party.

She will split the Party.
She will join your party, Jake....She'll fit right in with you globalist fascist warmongering fucking ghouls.

Cheney is just scrambling to preserve the ability to rob the shit out of our country for her and her neocon, rat bastard, friends. Losing that bunch of assholes can only help the America first party.

Who is Liz Cheney and why should I care?

I know her father was important.

Forum List

Back