LIVE: Volcano erupts on La Palma in the Canary Islands

Striking bull's eye shaped clouds from above erupting La Palma volcano.(satellite image)​

View attachment 548866
Hope this isn't a global climate changer event.. Wow. Get ready for the cooling if it is. Stock your cabinets with can food, and store some water, wood, and gas up. Food crops could also be negatively effected..

Hope this isn't a global climate changer event.. Wow. Get ready for the cooling if it is. Stock your cabinets with can food, and store some water, wood, and gas up. Food crops could also be negatively effected..

I personally don't think it is a climate change event, but only the fumes of the volcano that are making that pattern in the sky. It very impressive!o_O

I personally don't think it is a climate change event, but only the fumes of the volcano that are making that pattern in the sky. It very impressive!o_O
That thing looks like a blow torch lit up, otherwise with the oxygen acetylene dialed in to the max for the maximum cut.

A volcano erupts on La Palma in the Canary Islands, sending fountains of lava and a plume of smoke and ash into the air from the Cumbre Vieja national park in the south of the island.

happening now...

LIVE: Volcano erupts on La Palma in the Canary Islands​

With so many quakes seismic tomography must by now have yielded a complete high resolution picture of the underground movement of lava. They have permanent seismic stations on the island. In fact seismic tomography can now yield 4-dimensional (3 dimensions in space + time), i.e. the time evolution of the 3-dimensional movement of lava below the island. Why do we not get to see any of this? Why, with these data, can they not predict if the eruption will grow stronger or weaker or if the lava is moving in the direction of water rich rock ( => big explosions). To get proof that this can be (and has been) done google: "From 3D to 4D seismic tomography at El Hierro Island (Canary Islands, Spain)". Sorry I cannot post the link, as posts with links may be filtered out.

Well, it doesn't look like a supervolcano erupting. Normal volcanoes erupt all the time. The one in the DRC has been going for a while (and totally ignored)

Lava blocks the size of buildings falling from La Palma volcano​

" Blocks of molten lava as large as three-storey buildings rolled down a hillside on the Spanish island of La Palma on Sunday while a series of tremors shook the ground three weeks after the volcano erupted.

There was a partial cone collapse near the volcano's emission vent on Saturday,"The collapse of the northern flank of the Cumbre Vieja volcano has caused the release of large blocks of material and the appearance of new flows that run through areas already evacuated."

Wow!.....A week ago a part of the volcano caved in, and a day ago the northern part fell.....this eruption is relentless!o_O

October 11, 2021

Wow... no peace in the hood anymore.....it's getting very aggressive again! praying for those poor people over there . :confused:

1634088221630.png

Placing the devastation aside, this is some really need stuff to see.

I saw a photo of this eruption from the international space station the other day some place but I forgot to post it. It was a really good photo.

That bureaucrats are under the foolish illusion that they can overcome Mother Nature is certainly laughable when we see her pop off like this and demonstrate her power.

Placing the devastation aside, this is some really need stuff to see.

I saw a photo of this eruption from the international space station the other day some place but I forgot to post it. It was a really good photo.

That bureaucrats are under the foolish illusion that they can overcome Mother Nature is certainly laughable when we see her pop off like this and demonstrate her power.

Mother Nature is something amazing.... humankind can do nothing against It.

By fire, by floods, cataclysmic events have destroyed civilizations for a long time.....

I do hope though..... that these poor people in La Palma can at least recuperate some of their loses which are huge.... Bless them :confused:

This is heartbreaking, when people leave their pets behind.....:confused: hope they are all rescue soon.

"Dogs trapped by lava are getting some relief, as drones drop emergency food for them."

Mother Nature is something amazing.... humankind can do nothing against It.

By fire, by floods, cataclysmic events have destroyed civilizations for a long time.....

I do hope though..... that these poor people in La Palma can at least recuperate some of their loses which are huge.... Bless them :confused:
If the people of this country, and in this world keep on messing with children in the ways that they do, it's not going to stop anytime soon. We could see world events begin to unfold in a catastrophic way.

God don't play, and challenging or tempting God is a serious fool's game.

Fire and brimstone is for real.

LA PALMA, Spain, Oct 14 (Reuters) - Working in close proximity to the red-hot lava flowing from a volcano on the Spanish island of La Palma, emergency workers anxiously await their lunch break - and while any food would do, it tastes better when it comes from a celebrity chef's kitchen.

Celebrity chef's group feeds the hungry on Spain's eruption-hit La Palma​

The latest from La Palma Volcano....horrible, fascinating....I don't know how to describe it.o_O

Experts have described the latest volcanic activity on La Palma as a "tsunami of lava".

Huge rivers of molten rock have been spewing from the crater in recent days after a 4.5-magnitude earthquake shook the island on Thursday and intensified flows.

The quake is the strongest recorded since the Cumbre Vieja volcano -- on the island of La Palma in the Spanish Canary Islands -- began erupting almost a month ago.

"Today one of our crew was able to film a truly lava 'tsunami'. Amazing speed and overflow of the lava channel," said the Canary Islands Volcanology Institute, publishing the footage, which is included below.

15/10/2021 -

This is relentless .... going into its second month now.....more lava and explosions and earthquakes .....it is not stopping any time soon..... praying for the thousands who have lost everything... Is that island going to split in two? how much more can it take? Oh Lord.

Fast and concise explanation after the last 4.8 earthquake...authorities are even saying a 6.0 is possible in the near future ... that could be a big one.

Oct 21, 2021

This is relentless .... going into its second month now.....more lava and explosions and earthquakes .....it is not stopping any time soon..... praying for the thousands who have lost everything... Is that island going to split in two? how much more can it take? Oh Lord.

Fast and concise explanation after the last 4.8 earthquake...authorities are even saying a 6.0 is possible in the near future ... that could be a big one.

Oct 21, 2021

This will be a history in the making that is now taking place during our generation. Already amazing me on the pressure it exhibits coming out of the top. It's like a blow torch. The results on the ground are tragic, but who builds and/or lives next to volcano's anyways ?? You would think that it would be considered an exclusion zone where town's cities, and homes wouldn't be allowed to exist near or within such zones. It's not like over population drives people into these zones, so it's just temptation I guess, otherwise all due to it's deceptive and beautiful landscape during dormancy.

View attachment 555602

UPDATE 2:58 PM (See Bottom) -- Word Directly from LaPalma: Steam Coming out of ground on other side of island; near constant earthquakes.​

22 OCTOBER 2021
Wow. I'd get off that island if it were me. With the pressure at the summit that is being illustrated, the whole mountain could be compromised. I wouldn't stick around to find out.

Spain: La Palma experiences 5.1 magnitude earthquake, the largest since the eruption of Cumbre Vieja volcano​

October 30, 2021

Scientists officially declared the eruption on Spain's La Palma island to be over on Christmas, nearly 100 days after the volcano began spewing lava and ash.

"What I want to say today can be said with just four words: The eruption is over," regional security chief Julio Perez said on Saturday, according to Reuters.-

I personally don't know how they can be so sure, but there it is! The volcano has officially stop erupting.

Forum List

Back