What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIVE: Volcano erupts on La Palma in the Canary Islands

beagle9

Gold Member
Reaction score

Striking bull's eye shaped clouds from above erupting La Palma volcano.(satellite image)​

View attachment 548866
Hope this isn't a global climate changer event.. Wow. Get ready for the cooling if it is. Stock your cabinets with can food, and store some water, wood, and gas up. Food crops could also be negatively effected..

OP
skye

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hope this isn't a global climate changer event.. Wow. Get ready for the cooling if it is. Stock your cabinets with can food, and store some water, wood, and gas up. Food crops could also be negatively effected..

I personally don't think it is a climate change event, but only the fumes of the volcano that are making that pattern in the sky. It very impressive!o_O

beagle9

Gold Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think it is a climate change event, but only the fumes of the volcano that are making that pattern in the sky. It very impressive!o_O
That thing looks like a blow torch lit up, otherwise with the oxygen acetylene dialed in to the max for the maximum cut.

absalom_hicks

Rookie
Reaction score
A volcano erupts on La Palma in the Canary Islands, sending fountains of lava and a plume of smoke and ash into the air from the Cumbre Vieja national park in the south of the island.

happening now...

LIVE: Volcano erupts on La Palma in the Canary Islands​

With so many quakes seismic tomography must by now have yielded a complete high resolution picture of the underground movement of lava. They have permanent seismic stations on the island. In fact seismic tomography can now yield 4-dimensional (3 dimensions in space + time), i.e. the time evolution of the 3-dimensional movement of lava below the island. Why do we not get to see any of this? Why, with these data, can they not predict if the eruption will grow stronger or weaker or if the lava is moving in the direction of water rich rock ( => big explosions). To get proof that this can be (and has been) done google: "From 3D to 4D seismic tomography at El Hierro Island (Canary Islands, Spain)". Sorry I cannot post the link, as posts with links may be filtered out.

frigidweirdo

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Well, it doesn't look like a supervolcano erupting. Normal volcanoes erupt all the time. The one in the DRC has been going for a while (and totally ignored)

OP
skye

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Lava blocks the size of buildings falling from La Palma volcano​

" Blocks of molten lava as large as three-storey buildings rolled down a hillside on the Spanish island of La Palma on Sunday while a series of tremors shook the ground three weeks after the volcano erupted.

There was a partial cone collapse near the volcano's emission vent on Saturday,"The collapse of the northern flank of the Cumbre Vieja volcano has caused the release of large blocks of material and the appearance of new flows that run through areas already evacuated."

Wow!.....A week ago a part of the volcano caved in, and a day ago the northern part fell.....this eruption is relentless!o_O

October 11, 2021

OP
skye

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wow... no peace in the hood anymore.....it's getting very aggressive again! praying for those poor people over there . :confused:

1634088221630.png

Natural Citizen

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Placing the devastation aside, this is some really need stuff to see.

I saw a photo of this eruption from the international space station the other day some place but I forgot to post it. It was a really good photo.

That bureaucrats are under the foolish illusion that they can overcome Mother Nature is certainly laughable when we see her pop off like this and demonstrate her power.

OP
skye

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Placing the devastation aside, this is some really need stuff to see.

I saw a photo of this eruption from the international space station the other day some place but I forgot to post it. It was a really good photo.

That bureaucrats are under the foolish illusion that they can overcome Mother Nature is certainly laughable when we see her pop off like this and demonstrate her power.

Mother Nature is something amazing.... humankind can do nothing against It.

By fire, by floods, cataclysmic events have destroyed civilizations for a long time.....

I do hope though..... that these poor people in La Palma can at least recuperate some of their loses which are huge.... Bless them :confused:

OP
skye

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is heartbreaking, when people leave their pets behind.....:confused: hope they are all rescue soon.

"Dogs trapped by lava are getting some relief, as drones drop emergency food for them."

beagle9

Gold Member
Reaction score
Mother Nature is something amazing.... humankind can do nothing against It.

By fire, by floods, cataclysmic events have destroyed civilizations for a long time.....

I do hope though..... that these poor people in La Palma can at least recuperate some of their loses which are huge.... Bless them :confused:
If the people of this country, and in this world keep on messing with children in the ways that they do, it's not going to stop anytime soon. We could see world events begin to unfold in a catastrophic way.

God don't play, and challenging or tempting God is a serious fool's game.

Fire and brimstone is for real.

OP
skye

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
LA PALMA, Spain, Oct 14 (Reuters) - Working in close proximity to the red-hot lava flowing from a volcano on the Spanish island of La Palma, emergency workers anxiously await their lunch break - and while any food would do, it tastes better when it comes from a celebrity chef's kitchen.

Celebrity chef's group feeds the hungry on Spain's eruption-hit La Palma​

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List