Live Tonight, 6pm eastern: Hi Def Society podcast, episode 1

I own a steak house, and you are wasting a steak if you cook on it a grill, unless you also use a cast iron skillet.
WTF??? You cook the grill on the steak then put a cast iron skillet on it???? I have never tried that one yet. Please tell...

Okay best steak recipe.

Place cast iron skillet in 500 degree oven 30 minutes before cooking. Also take steak out of refrigerator so it can rest at room temp.

After 30 minutes remove cast iron skillet from 500 degree oven (careful hotter than fuck) and place on preheated grill (medium high) one ounce of olive oil to coat bottom of skillet.

Salt and pepper steak

Place steak in skillet 1 minute per 1" thickness flip steak cook 1 more minute for each inch of thickness. in last thirty seconds of cooking add a scoop of Gorgonzola butter to top of steak.

Let steak rest for TEN minutes before cutting into. This is ESSENTIAL. If you just pull it off the fire and cut it open , your steak will be bleed all over your plate and you will have ruined it.

I know a lot of people use a meat thermometer to know when steak is done, but no because the steak will keep cooking once you pull it off the flame. So instead what you want to do is this.

Spread your forefinger and your thumb bout an inch apart. Now feel the web between them. When the steak on your skillet feels like that, pull it off the flame and let it rest for a nice juicy medium rare.

If you like your steak cooked more than medium rare. STOP BUYING STEAK AND JUST EAT HAMBURGER YOU FUCKING CAVEMAN.
You still don't see it, do you???? ".... a steak if you cook on it a grill"
I was fucking with you about cooking a grill on a steak...

I was ignoring you. But seriously, as with most things, my way is best.
I know that steak is best seared... best flavor development..

Yes steak sears pretty damned fast on a 500 degree cast iron skillet.

LoneLaugher find and use Adolph's Tenderizer (I prefer the seasoned, but, around here, it's harder to find than the unseasoned).

G.T's method is exactly what I use because I'd burn my face off with a grill, I'm just a klutz, but that tenderizer makes a world of difference.

GT, you need to try a porterhouse, there's no better cut of meat imo.
I am ribeye all the way.... more fat...

Apparently you are going to talk to yourself ...about the show, of course

LoneLaugher find and use Adolph's Tenderizer (I prefer the seasoned, but, around here, it's harder to find than the unseasoned).

G.T's method is exactly what I use because I'd burn my face off with a grill, I'm just a klutz, but that tenderizer makes a world of difference.

I am ribeye all the way.... more fat...

New York Strip (or KC strip same steak) actually has the best flavor, but the Portherouse (or T Bone) has both the strip and the tenderloin, so YUMMY.

But ribeye is good too.

Just stay away from Sirloin steaks. That shit is for hamburger , or dog food.

They discussed this at the beginning of the show, Gracie. The subsequent conversation was an extension of that and it isn't like we've gone on ad nauseam.
Lolz ... MsnBama
You are on top of things here ... That's the way to do it ... :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
They discussed this at the beginning of the show, Gracie. The subsequent conversation was an extension of that and it isn't like we've gone on ad nauseam.
Lolz ... MsnBama
You are on top of things here ... That's the way to do it ... :thup:

I was really just trying to have a pleasant conversation about the show you guys have put so much work into instead of spending my Sunday night going after one idiot or another in the FZ.

It didn't really go as planned....I think I was wrong not to include booze as a part of my plan, I won't make that mistake again. :alcoholic:

Well...I'm back again for a few. GT, what about a woman co host? Or is it just aimed at guys jabbering like in locker rooms?
In my opinion only...I really am not interested in listening to talk about balls. Sweaty or rose smelling. How many listeners of yours are women? Have you done a stat test to find out?

Just askin'.
Hmm...

Well, we're gunna always talk about our oqn interests so...balls will come up from time to time. Lol.

See, the original goal was to have FUN. Not explode, etc. But just have FUN and we are giving it a go, wherever it goes.

A woman host, though, IS a good idea. Wed probably be open to trying that out, i dont speak for the whole team though but to me its a good idea.
Howard Stern would be nothing without Robyn, lol.

Imagine The View on the radio but all they talk about is vajayjays.

Host: I look at my vajayjay all the time.

Guest host: I looked at mine once. One lip is bigger than the other. It droops.

Host: Droops? Does it get in the way when you pee or do you just tuck it under the other one then untuck when you gotta pee?

Guest Caller: Mine are pretty even but one is more wrinkly.

I mean..do guys tuning in wanna hear that stuff? :rofl:
You use Howard stern as an example, and then go on to say that balls and pussies is bad radio?

It's blasphemy to put any kind of substance on a steak.

Thanks again for calling in Paulie. Sorry for people talking over ppl it seemed to not really mess with things too bad though.

Dont know what next week's topic will be just yet but anyone who wants to can shoot out ideas to their heart's desire

Not even peppercorn sauce?

Adolphs isn't even a sauce.

I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it. Paulie said it's "blasphemy to put any kind of substance on a steak", so I assumed he meanted anything besides the usual seasoning you add (olive oil, crushed garlic, salt and pepper) before cooking it.

I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it. Paulie said it's "blasphemy to put any kind of substance on a steak", so I assumed he meanted anything besides the usual seasoning you add (olive oil, crushed garlic, salt and pepper) before cooking it.

I don't use anything else when I use Adolphs (it is mostly salt, just very fine) other than olive oil. It doesn't alter the flavor in any way so I don't know why he would have such a problem with something if he's never tried it.

Aside from that, I tend to agree that anything else, especially if it alters the flavor, on a quality piece of beef is unnecessary.

Forum List

Back