Live: Canada up 1-0 in womens soccers with 15 minutes to go

EMH

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2021
Edited by K9Buck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thrilled that the women's team lost! Hooray!

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

I wanted Canada and Sinclair win more than I wanted to U.S to lose. Considering how outspoken and politically charged Rapinoe was against Trump and his supporters, I am happy she doesn't get the gold and continues to stand on the soap box with authority.

The world no longer needs to see her as the face of soccer. In her prime, Sinclair was the far better player, more quiet and classier too.

I will still root for the U.S to win the bronze of course. They need to stay ahead of China in total medals. They need more golds too. It won't be in womens soccer.

Are the U.S. women out of medal contention?

No, they will play for the bronze now.

It would be a reasonable outcome for them. The U.S haven't played well all Olympics. Truth be told, the U.S deserved to win this game, they were the better team all game, though it was a snoozefest with little action. Canada fittingly won on a penalty kick.

It is poetic justice as I spoke of last night, considering how this team robbed Canada in 2012 by a horrible penalty kick call (delay of game of the goalie). In that game Sinclair had a hat trick and lost.

Unless they're playing someone like Iran, I hope they lose that one too!

No, U.S has 61 total medals, China has 58. China has 7 more golds now too! The U.S needs to keep piling up medals.

I will be rooting for America. I root for them any time they aren't competing with Canada. The U.S should have converted many of the silver medals into gold though. That's how it goes sometimes.

Forum List

Back