Live A Life That Matters

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
lifech9.jpg

That was beautiful. I think a good sign is how many people will remember you and say you made an impact on their life. To some degree, the funeral is a place to get an idea, but the dead will already know.

That was beautiful. I think a good sign is how many people will remember you and say you made an impact on their life. To some degree, the funeral is a place to get an idea, but the dead will already know.

You know that old saying, 'he who dies with the most toys wins'. Well, the Bible says that the richer you are on earth, the poorer you'll be in heaven, and vice versa. I have a comfortable life. I don't have any money problems, but I'm certainly not rich. I often wonder, what's it all for? So I can leave it to my son? That's a joke.

I think the writing above says it all pretty well.

You know that old saying, 'he who dies with the most toys wins'. Well, the Bible says that the richer you are on earth, the poorer you'll be in heaven, and vice versa. I have a comfortable life. I don't have any money problems, but I'm certainly not rich. I often wonder, what's it all for? So I can leave it to my son? That's a joke.

I think the writing above says it all pretty well.
I've got to agree. Funny, before I started teaching, I thought I was doing pretty well. I was honest, hardworking, and the best parent I could be. I do think I was lucky to 'discover' teaching, it's not what I would have chosen, but circumstances 'forced' me into it.

Seriously, I don't think a month goes by when I'm not 'touched' by one of my students from previous years that comes back and says I've made a tremendous difference in their life, either careerwise or personal. It happened again today, got a letter from a high school regarding one of my students. Included was a note by the student, why she wanted my recommendation, the high school was asking if I would attend an 'assembly of honor, since 6 students had nominated me in the past 3 years. (Yeah, my head is swollen, but never fear, my principal cut me down today.) I must admit, the kudos from parenting are more subtle, but increasing in late teens and 20's!

I've got to agree. Funny, before I started teaching, I thought I was doing pretty well. I was honest, hardworking, and the best parent I could be. I do think I was lucky to 'discover' teaching, it's not what I would have chosen, but circumstances 'forced' me into it.

Seriously, I don't think a month goes by when I'm not 'touched' by one of my students from previous years that comes back and says I've made a tremendous difference in their life, either careerwise or personal. It happened again today, got a letter from a high school regarding one of my students. Included was a note by the student, why she wanted my recommendation, the high school was asking if I would attend an 'assembly of honor, since 6 students had nominated me in the past 3 years. (Yeah, my head is swollen, but never fear, my principal cut me down today.) I must admit, the kudos from parenting are more subtle, but increasing in late teens and 20's!

Well Kathianne, I'm proud of you for being a good parent, and for being a good teacher who cares. You DO deserve commondation... :beer:

Well Kathianne, I'm proud of you for being a good parent, and for being a good teacher who cares. You DO deserve commondation... :beer:

Thanks Pale. I'm sure your son would say the same of you, I remember the pic. ;) Difference is, when your customers say thanks, it's for a bike and your description, care of it. I'm kinda lucky, that I get more kudos than deserved.

Thanks Pale. I'm sure your son would say the same of you, I remember the pic. ;) Difference is, when your customers say thanks, it's for a bike and your description, care of it. I'm kinda lucky, that I get more kudos than deserved.

Yeah my son is coming up to visit next month from the second to the nineth. I paid for his ticket for his birthday. He needs a break from Phoenix, AND he needs his dad to refocus him. He's straying some and needs guidence. It'll never end I'm afraid.

And bikes, yeah, I just finished a 103" storker with a five to six speed conversion. Had to completely disassembe the whole engine and tranny because he wanted it all powder coated black. He picked it up Sunday, the last day of Street Vibrations, THANK GOD THAT'S OVER, and he just DROOLED over it. I thought he was going to have an ejaculation when he heard it. I got a lot of "good job"s from the service manager and thank you's from the customer. Makes you feel good. The job was $9,500, so I know I'm making the company some damn good money besides. Job security. Be good at what you do... :D

And when that guy is riding that bike, and he wipes the snot out of his riding buddies, he'll tell them, "yeah a guy named Tom built the engine and tranny for me down at Harley". Can't beat that kind of recognition.

Forum List

Back