Little Tortie Holds the Guinness Record for Oldest Living Cat

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Guinness World Records just announced today that there is a new record holder for oldest living cat. Meet Tiffany Two, a 26 year old tortie, who was born on March 13, 1988 in San Diego, California. In about a month, Tiffany will be celebrating her 27th birthday the equivalent of 125 human years.

Tiffany Two met her human, Sharon Voorhees, when she was six weeks old. This lovely tortie girl outgrew two family dogs by some distance.

She got her name as a tribute to another tortie cat that Sharon had in the 1970s.

Despite her age, Tiffany Two is in good health with good sight and hearing. According to Sharon, the kitty is “not feeble and still able to go up and down stairs.”

She eats a varied diet with both wet food and dry food. “She’s not afraid of anything or anyone. She walks right past the dogs, she’s very feisty!”

Meet Tiffany Two, the new record holder for oldest living cat at 26.

She was born on March 13, 1988 in San Diego, California.

Tiffany Two will be celebrating her 27th birthday next month, the equivalent of 125 human years.

She’s outgrown two family dogs by some distance.

Despite her age, she’s healthy with good sight and hearing and still able to go up and down stairs.

“She’s not afraid of anything or anyone. She walks right past the dogs, she’s very feisty!”

We had a Main Coon that lived to 20 or 21. My sister had to call the vet in the middle of the night to put her down as she was all spasmodic and shitting. They were both in tears. The vet said she never had to give a cat two shots.

We had a Main Coon that lived to 20 or 21. My sister had to call the vet in the middle of the night to put her down as she was all spasmodic and shitting. They were both in tears. The vet said she never had to give a cat two shots.

One of the worst days of my life was when I had to my beloved Gracie to sleep at the age of 12. Memories are still there, though.

• Banned

One of the worst days of my life was when I had to my beloved Gracie to sleep at the age of 12. Memories are still there, though.

It is a shame, one never knows the many things that will take your friend and at what age....had a brother and sister die 2 days apart at 11 months, both from different NATURAL causes....devastating when you rescue them from what you believe is life threatening circumstances, only to have them pass all to soon.

Thank you for Tiffany II's story.

My wife had to put Gretchen down years ago...cancer in her jaw. She's still not over it.

Thank you for Tiffany II's story.

My wife had to put Gretchen down years ago...cancer in her jaw. She's still not over it.

My Gracie went to sleep six years ago in July. I still cry to think of that terrible day. The only comfort I have is that Gracie seemed to know her suffering was about to come to an end. She was very calm in her final moments.

I still haven't recovered from my dearly beloved, baby kitty girl's death a little over a year ago... such a great loss.... left a huge hole in our lives....16 years she was my and my hubby's little baby kitty girl....and she was an indoor cat...but got cancer... if only we could have had her another 10 years... the sweetest most wonderful cat that ever existed on the face of this Earth....we pray we will meet her at Rainbow Bridge some day....

FattyCat lived to 23. He would have lasted longer if that damn bone cancer hadn't have set in. He was a tomcat all the way...a wild cat that I tamed. He was 8 when he found me..or rather, we found each other. He had all his teeth removed at age 13. For 10 years, Daddy (Mr Gracie) would chew chicken, steak, whatever food that was for dinner, and feed FattyCat.
I miss him very much still and he has been gone 10 years.

I don't think I will ever get past Gracie dying. It will be 2 years in August. Or will it be July? Whatever....I think of her every day. Every. Day.

Last edited:
My guy. Pyewacket. Most of you bless your souls were on the night I lost him. Almost 21.

My heart still cries. He was my friend. He will always be my friend. Some days I see him around a corner. Oh I miss him so.

FattyCat lived to 23. He would have lasted longer if that damn bone cancer hadn't have set in. He was a tomcat all the way...a wild cat that I tamed. He was 8 when he found me..or rather, we found each other. He had all his teeth removed at age 13. For 10 years, Daddy (Mr Gracie) would chew chicken, steak, whatever food that was for dinner, and feed FattyCat.
I miss him very much still and he has been gone 10 years.

I don't think I will ever get past Gracie dying. It will be 2 years in August. Or will it be July? Whatever....I think of her every day. Every. Day.

It sucks.

Once in awhile...I feel Pretties rubbing up against my leg. When I look down...nothing is there.

And sometimes, I see her peeking at me from the bathroom door where she used to play with the shower curtain and would want me to come play with her in there. I never see her straight on. It is always a sideview flash.

Fatty was a sweetheart. HUGE cat. Paws the size of my palms. He was so gentle though. He insisted on "holding hands" at night night time. His paw in my hand..sometimes with his claws out far enough to grasp my thumb. Pretties was not so gentle. She bit. And clawed. Hissed. I loved her anyway. Fatty sent her to me after he went over Rainbow Bridge, so she was my duty.

I'm trying to figure out a day where I can stop crying and honor all of them. Love big cry big I've loved all my beasties.

Fatty was a sweetheart. HUGE cat. Paws the size of my palms. He was so gentle though. He insisted on "holding hands" at night night time. His paw in my hand..sometimes with his claws out far enough to grasp my thumb. Pretties was not so gentle. She bit. And clawed. Hissed. I loved her anyway. Fatty sent her to me after he went over Rainbow Bridge, so she was my duty.

For me and I made at least a whole world of cat people understand.....the barn cat.

C82 loved me. Barn cat. I just moved in. Persian grey.

I had to put my old dog to sleep, I am weeping as I type this. He used to sit right next to me. I miss the dear old boy. Quasimoto , that one eyed humped back little canine with a major under bite. Stupid dog...

Forum List

Back