Listeria deaths linked to Colorado cantaloupe

And we got tomato and jalapenos with ecoli, and green onion with HEP-A. Then there was the peanut butter with ecoli to. Dept. of agriculture failed. As for the CDC we had swine flu from Mexico and SAR's from china. If anything due to the fact that less then 1% gets inspected tells me that a shut down will impact nothing there.

How is it that you know of these episodes? If doctors didn't have a gvernment agency to report suspicious episodes of poisoning to, and if these agencies didn't investigate and discover the sources of poisoning, one might expect you wouidn't know of these episodes and many more would have become very ill or died.

The cantaloupe recall/alert saved lives. I simply don't understand the stupidity of the New Right. Most of those fools seem to think going into Iraq was somehow related to protecting Americans, yet recalling a product which actually killed Americans isn't a role for government.

Listeria cases likely to rise through October: officials - Yahoo! News

ER doctors and family practitioners are the ones who find thees things and report them to the government, not the other way around. Besides, A shut down is a lie, it never shuts down. Dont buy into the fear. Sure they close enough to make it a pain in the ass, but the federal law enforcement gos to work, the armed forces go to work, the IRS damn sure goes to work. It is all a lie to get you to watch cable news.

Um ... of course doctors discover and report episodes of suspected poisoning, how did you come to the conclusion it's "not the other way around"?

The New Right tea party crowd wants to shrink government (so it can be drowned in a bathtup). If the CDC, EPA, FAA, etc. are shut down it will be more than a "pain in the ass". Keep drinking the kool-aid if it makes you feel better, it's far easier than thinking.

How is it that you know of these episodes? If doctors didn't have a gvernment agency to report suspicious episodes of poisoning to, and if these agencies didn't investigate and discover the sources of poisoning, one might expect you wouidn't know of these episodes and many more would have become very ill or died.

The cantaloupe recall/alert saved lives. I simply don't understand the stupidity of the New Right. Most of those fools seem to think going into Iraq was somehow related to protecting Americans, yet recalling a product which actually killed Americans isn't a role for government.

Listeria cases likely to rise through October: officials - Yahoo! News

ER doctors and family practitioners are the ones who find thees things and report them to the government, not the other way around. Besides, A shut down is a lie, it never shuts down. Dont buy into the fear. Sure they close enough to make it a pain in the ass, but the federal law enforcement gos to work, the armed forces go to work, the IRS damn sure goes to work. It is all a lie to get you to watch cable news.

Um ... of course doctors discover and report episodes of suspected poisoning, how did you come to the conclusion it's "not the other way around"?

The New Right tea party crowd wants to shrink government (so it can be drowned in a bathtup). If the CDC, EPA, FAA, etc. are shut down it will be more than a "pain in the ass". Keep drinking the kool-aid if it makes you feel better, it's far easier than thinking.

First, I did not jab at your intelligence, and I will not do that. If thats what you want, you will get bored with me pretty quick. Second, there was a shut down in the past and the world did not end. I will again point to Belgium, a country that has set world record for being with out a government and they are all fine. All the evidence out there points to the world NOT ending due to a government shut down. Third, I have never claimed allegiance to the Tea party, or any party for that matter. I also believe that EPA, FAA, CDC, USDA, all serve a propose, but the reality is no agency or branch of government has bee doing to good for a long time now. So, unless you can put up an actual example of a government shut down causing Grandma to miss her SSI or some poor family not getting there assistance Why parrot the dooms day profits of cable TV when you know they are not telling the whole truth ?

ER doctors and family practitioners are the ones who find thees things and report them to the government, not the other way around. Besides, A shut down is a lie, it never shuts down. Don't buy into the fear. Sure they close enough to make it a pain in the ass, but the federal law enforcement gos to work, the armed forces go to work, the IRS damn sure goes to work. It is all a lie to get you to watch cable news.

The New Right tea party crowd wants to shrink government (so it can be drowned in a bathtub). If the CDC, EPA, FAA, etc. are shut down it will be more than a "pain in the ass". Keep drinking the kool-aid if it makes you feel better, it's far easier than thinking.

First, I did not jab at your intelligence, and I will not do that. If thats what you want, you will get bored with me pretty quick. Second, there was a shut down in the past and the world did not end. I will again point to Belgium, a country that has set world record for being with out a government and they are all fine. All the evidence out there points to the world NOT ending due to a government shut down. Third, I have never claimed allegiance to the Tea party, or any party for that matter. I also believe that EPA, FAA, CDC, USDA, all serve a propose, but the reality is no agency or branch of government has bee doing to good for a long time now. So, unless you can put up an actual example of a government shut down causing Grandma to miss her SSI or some poor family not getting there assistance Why parrot the dooms day profits of cable TV when you know they are not telling the whole truth ?

I live in the real world and have no need or desire to parrot the comments of anyone.

One example will suffice? Let's shut down a federal courthouse. Already facing gridlock, as are most state courts we'll assume the this one courthouse is shut down for one week.

Trials and hearings are put off for a week, warrants are not prepared, signed or put into the system; jurors, clerks, court reporters, judges, bailiffs, witnesses, attorneys, custodians, building engineers, computer techs, etc. etc. stay home.

The burger place, sandwich shop, coffee house, etc. all lose business.

Arraignments can't be held to meet the legal time limits and offenders who might have been held in custody are released.

Many modestly paid gov't employees live week to week and fall behind; discretionary spending stops so restaurant meals are out, as well as attending movies or plays or shopping at the mall. Since business will slow most hourly workers are sent home, and they too must use what they have saved (if anything) further slowing the economy.

One courthouse, one community for only a week. Likely not a big deal. On a national level, the impact on the private sector will be much greater, and the consequences likely to be and become a very big deal.

The New Right tea party crowd wants to shrink government (so it can be drowned in a bathtub). If the CDC, EPA, FAA, etc. are shut down it will be more than a "pain in the ass". Keep drinking the kool-aid if it makes you feel better, it's far easier than thinking.

I live in the real world and have no need or desire to parrot the comments of anyone.

One example will suffice? Let's shut down a federal courthouse. Already facing gridlock, as are most state courts we'll assume the this one courthouse is shut down for one week.

Trials and hearings are put off for a week, warrants are not prepared, signed or put into the system; jurors, clerks, court reporters, judges, bailiffs, witnesses, attorneys, custodians, building engineers, computer techs, etc. etc. stay home.

The burger place, sandwich shop, coffee house, etc. all lose business.

Arraignments can't be held to meet the legal time limits and offenders who might have been held in custody are released.

Many modestly paid gov't employees live week to week and fall behind; discretionary spending stops so restaurant meals are out, as well as attending movies or plays or shopping at the mall. Since business will slow most hourly workers are sent home, and they too must use what they have saved (if anything) further slowing the economy.

One courthouse, one community for only a week. Likely not a big deal. On a national level, the impact on the private sector will be much greater, and the consequences likely to be and become a very big deal.

Here is a run down of real world consequences (1981 to 1996) of a govt shut down as they have happened in the past.

Government Shutdowns – What is a Government Shutdown and What are the Effects of a Government Shutdown?

As you can see we are still here. No system got jammed up, poor people got fed, and SSI went out. I also point again to Belgium, one year PLUS with no government. The Hun's have not sacked the city, people are not starving, and life go's on and they even manage to through some humor in there to. Everything that needs to be handled will be handled just like it was every other time this happened.

Forum List

Back