Listen up GOP leadership: Why your base is terrified of immigration.

R

rdean

I thought it was awfully odd that Republicans would give Mitt Romney a free pass on wanting to cut education and bring in immigrants with degrees. Turns out I was right. The GOP base was voting anti Obama even though Romney's policies would hurt them more than anyone.

So why is that?

We all know how USMB Republicans have gone on about how business has been moving from Blue States to Red States. We know that those with a technical education soon followed. No where did the Republican leadership promise to help their base get those types of jobs. Just some vague "we support educational choice". We know there simply isn't enough highly trained people to fill all the technical jobs available in both Blue States and Red States.

We know the Republican base's position on education. You could never get Democrats or Independents to sit in a room and hear their leadership mock education and they then cheer. That will never happen.

The GOP base has finally put two and two together. Business wants the tax breaks, the give a ways, the relaxed rules on environmental and safety standards that are available in Red States. But they also need skilled workers. And the cheapest way is the import ones that are already qualified.

And when you import workers with degrees, everyone else soon follows. If I was an engineer from Mexico, I would be very suspicious of hiring a right winger to build my house.

Clearly, the GOP base feels with an influx of educated immigrants, they would be further marginalized.

wow, that is some hate for his fellow country men and women

I can feel it through my computer

Show's how much he cares about you citizens who were born here and those immigrants WHO do the right thing and come to our country LEGALLY...You get shit on for showing you care about, the RULES of our laws

Last edited:
I thought it was awfully odd that Republicans would give Mitt Romney a free pass on wanting to cut education and bring in immigrants with degrees. Turns out I was right. The GOP base was voting anti Obama even though Romney's policies would hurt them more than anyone.

So why is that?

We all know how USMB Republicans have gone on about how business has been moving from Blue States to Red States. We know that those with a technical education soon followed. No where did the Republican leadership promise to help their base get those types of jobs. Just some vague "we support educational choice". We know there simply isn't enough highly trained people to fill all the technical jobs available in both Blue States and Red States.

We know the Republican base's position on education. You could never get Democrats or Independents to sit in a room and hear their leadership mock education and they then cheer. That will never happen.

The GOP base has finally put two and two together. Business wants the tax breaks, the give a ways, the relaxed rules on environmental and safety standards that are available in Red States. But they also need skilled workers. And the cheapest way is the import ones that are already qualified.

And when you import workers with degrees, everyone else soon follows. If I was an engineer from Mexico, I would be very suspicious of hiring a right winger to build my house.

Clearly, the GOP base feels with an influx of educated immigrants, they would be further marginalized.

Immigration is fine, illegal immigration, not so much.

Why are you terrified of our immigration laws?

So why is that?

yep, they're basically saying to the citizens here, who want to rise up into the middle-class through hard work, :fu: but they voted for romney because...well..... we all know why ;)

I can feel it through my computer

Show's how much he cares about you citizens who were born here and those immigrants WHO do the right thing and come to our country LEGALLY...You get shit on for showing you care about, the RULES of our laws

the dimocrap party is based in hate.

somebody needs to drop the hammer on deanie-weenie. he/she/it is a slimeball.

all he/she/it ever preaches is hatred of America

:trolls:

who is afraid of immigration? Im all for making legal immigration easier. It's this illegal immigration that's the problem?

Tell me, why is it you want illegal immigrants to be second class citizens that people can use and abuse? Why do you hate minorities so much?

These right wingers aren't really commenting on the post, just attacking me. Immigration reform would make immigration legal. Right wingers don't want immigration reform. They don't want them here at all.

I swear, I've never seen a more hateful human being than rdean

it's a sickness

Please don't throw the word "hate" around lightly. It degrades the word and when we use it appropriately on the far-right, it has less meaning

Nothing said in the post was hateful.

shit.... I was gonna neg the bitch but I guess I did not too long ago and the software won't let me.

what hateful dirtbags dimocraps are

Correction: the mainstream GOP is the base, the far right reactionary freaks are not.

Correction: the base is not afraid of immigration.

These right wingers aren't really commenting on the post, just attacking me. Immigration reform would make immigration legal. Right wingers don't want immigration reform. They don't want them here at all.

Republicans are damned if they do, damned if they don't

If they block immigration reform and allow their members to spout their usual anti-Hispanic rhetoric they will lose the Hispanic vote

If they allow in 12 million eventual citizens, there are more Hispanics to vote against them

What will you do Republicans, what will you do?

Correction: the mainstream GOP is the base, the far right reactionary freaks are not.

Correction: the base is not afraid of immigration.

They are not afraid of immigration, but they are afraid of the reactionary freaks

Forum List

Back