Lions, Tigers and Bears... the Bastard!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
So this sick fucker lets all of these poor animals out of cages and then shoots himself. I could really care less that he offed himself... but this pets paid the price.

Police with assault rifles were stalking a mountain lion, grizzly bear and monkey still on the loose on Wednesday after authorities said the creatures' owner apparently freed dozens of wild animals and then killed himself.

Police warned people to stay in their homes, and officials wondered how to dispose of the dead animals after officials hunted down and shot nearly 30 of the 48 of them overnight under orders to shoot to kill.

County Sheriff Matt Lutz told a news conference that it appeared Muskingum County Animal Farm owner Terry Thompson had let the animals loose and died of a self-inflicted wound.

The preserve had Bengal tigers, lions, cheetahs, wolves, giraffes, camels and grizzly bears, among others. The animals' cages had been opened and the farm's fences had been left unsecured, police said.

Lutz called the animals mature, very big, and aggressive. "We're not talking about your normal everyday housecat," he said.

possum thinks it big him onna nose - cats'll do dat when ya get inna fight with `em...
:eusa_eh:
Big cat bit exotic animal owner in head, coroner says
20 Oct.`11 - The man who let loose more than 50 wild animals here was bitten in the head by a lion or tiger shortly after he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, the local sheriff said Thursday.
A coroner found that Terry Thompson, 62, had a bite mark on his head from a large cat and the wound appears to have occurred shortly after his suicide, said Muskigum County Sheriff Matt Lutz. The authorities have buried 49 animals — bears, monkeys, lions, tigers, wolves and a baboon — on Thompson's property, where they had been keep inside and outside his house. Forty-eight of the animals were shot by deputies. One macaque monkey was killed by a lion or tiger. Three leopards, two monkeys and a wolf were rescued and taken to the Columbus Zoo. The only animal not accounted for, a snow monkey, is believed to have been killed and eaten by another animal, Lutz said.

Lutz said he believes the exotic animals at Thompson's private Muskingum County Animal Farm were being bred for sale. Animal carcasses lay on the ground at the Muskingum County Animal Farm on Wednesday. The Columbus Zoo has placed the six surviving animals in quarantine, and staff members are checking on their vaccinations and general health. "They seem to be accommodating very well," said Jack Hanna, director emeritus of the Columbus Zoo. Other zoos and wildlife sanctuaries have inquired about the acquiring the animals, but it's possible they could be returned to the Thompson property.

The animals are now the property of Thompson's wife, Marion, a retired school teacher who had helped care for the animals before the couple separated. Marion Thompson was out of town on business when the incident began. "She was very confused and sad" about the animals being taken to the Columbus Zoo, Hanna told the ABC affiliate in Columbus. "I said I'm not taking your babies or children. I'm taking your animals to the zoo."

Ohio Gov. John Kasich said a committee examining how to regulate exotic animals would speed up their work. Kasich said he allowed an executive order regulating wild animals to expire because the state didn't have the infrastructure ready to enforce the rules, not because he was opposed to the regulations. Hanna, who is on the committee, said the panel had been about six months away from finalizing how enforcement should work. Police, meantime, were investigating a report of several people trying to steal one animal's body Tuesday night. The suspects were taken into custody but not booked.

Source

• Banned
Yep, He was a Bastard indeed.

I cannot believe they let this man have these animals in the first place. Why didn't they just take them while he was in jail....

This was a terrible blow to the Bengal tiger population.

So this sick fucker lets all of these poor animals out of cages and then shoots himself. I could really care less that he offed himself... but this pets paid the price.

Police with assault rifles were stalking a mountain lion, grizzly bear and monkey still on the loose on Wednesday after authorities said the creatures' owner apparently freed dozens of wild animals and then killed himself.

Police warned people to stay in their homes, and officials wondered how to dispose of the dead animals after officials hunted down and shot nearly 30 of the 48 of them overnight under orders to shoot to kill.

County Sheriff Matt Lutz told a news conference that it appeared Muskingum County Animal Farm owner Terry Thompson had let the animals loose and died of a self-inflicted wound.

The preserve had Bengal tigers, lions, cheetahs, wolves, giraffes, camels and grizzly bears, among others. The animals' cages had been opened and the farm's fences had been left unsecured, police said.

Lutz called the animals mature, very big, and aggressive. "We're not talking about your normal everyday housecat," he said.

Ya, that whole thing is a mess. I have not read anything to suggest this, but I think this was a FTW move.

• Banned
One almost has to think that his motivation to do such a thing was intent to cause harm to others and potentially the animals as well.

I think he was pissed and didn't care what would happen.

Yeah, what a sickening prick.

What happened to the giraffes? Surely they didn't get shot. :(

Sadly, I think they where all shot. The last I heard about it was that there was a wounded mountain lion and a sick monkey running around. I think they guy was also in trouble for animal cruelty as well. I know they where saying that he had just got out of jail, but I cant remember what for.

possum thinks it big him onna nose - cats'll do dat when ya get inna fight with `em...
:eusa_eh:
Big cat bit exotic animal owner in head, coroner says
20 Oct.`11 - The man who let loose more than 50 wild animals here was bitten in the head by a lion or tiger shortly after he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, the local sheriff said Thursday.
A coroner found that Terry Thompson, 62, had a bite mark on his head from a large cat and the wound appears to have occurred shortly after his suicide, said Muskigum County Sheriff Matt Lutz. The authorities have buried 49 animals — bears, monkeys, lions, tigers, wolves and a baboon — on Thompson's property, where they had been keep inside and outside his house. Forty-eight of the animals were shot by deputies. One macaque monkey was killed by a lion or tiger. Three leopards, two monkeys and a wolf were rescued and taken to the Columbus Zoo. The only animal not accounted for, a snow monkey, is believed to have been killed and eaten by another animal, Lutz said.

Lutz said he believes the exotic animals at Thompson's private Muskingum County Animal Farm were being bred for sale. Animal carcasses lay on the ground at the Muskingum County Animal Farm on Wednesday. The Columbus Zoo has placed the six surviving animals in quarantine, and staff members are checking on their vaccinations and general health. "They seem to be accommodating very well," said Jack Hanna, director emeritus of the Columbus Zoo. Other zoos and wildlife sanctuaries have inquired about the acquiring the animals, but it's possible they could be returned to the Thompson property.

The animals are now the property of Thompson's wife, Marion, a retired school teacher who had helped care for the animals before the couple separated. Marion Thompson was out of town on business when the incident began. "She was very confused and sad" about the animals being taken to the Columbus Zoo, Hanna told the ABC affiliate in Columbus. "I said I'm not taking your babies or children. I'm taking your animals to the zoo."

Ohio Gov. John Kasich said a committee examining how to regulate exotic animals would speed up their work. Kasich said he allowed an executive order regulating wild animals to expire because the state didn't have the infrastructure ready to enforce the rules, not because he was opposed to the regulations. Hanna, who is on the committee, said the panel had been about six months away from finalizing how enforcement should work. Police, meantime, were investigating a report of several people trying to steal one animal's body Tuesday night. The suspects were taken into custody but not booked.

Source

I can imagine the tiger biting his dead body on the head and saying, "There! That's for declawing me."

Yeah, what a sickening prick.

What happened to the giraffes? Surely they didn't get shot. :(

Sadly, I think they where all shot. The last I heard about it was that there was a wounded mountain lion and a sick monkey running around. I think they guy was also in trouble for animal cruelty as well. I know they where saying that he had just got out of jail, but I cant remember what for.

He was in jail for possessing unregistered firearms.

Yep, He was a Bastard indeed.

I cannot believe they let this man have these animals in the first place. Why didn't they just take them while he was in jail....

This was a terrible blow to the Bengal tiger population.

Gosh I agree with you on this! We are supporters of Animal Ark up here in northern Nevada and when we heard what had happened we were just sick. Bengal tigers, just magnificent animals what a PRICK!

It was so horrid. I had to litterally sp dayquil had to go off the boards when I saw Jack Hanna crying.

Now they tried. No one knew what to do. It was so horrible. What a monster of a man to sentence them all to death.

I'm glad he is dead. I just and may the good Lord forgive me, I wish I was the one who put the bullet in his mouth.

Forgive me. But I hate such a man.

One almost has to think that his motivation to do such a thing was intent to cause harm to others and potentially the animals as well.

I think he was pissed and didn't care what would happen.
I think you're right. He seems to have lapsed into a frame of mind best described as total despondency in which reason has no presence. This is the mental state that exists in most if not all examples of mass murder. People who fall into such levels of despair are (obviously) extraordinarily dangerous because homicide is often suicide turned outward -- and vice versa.

As usual the animals pay the utimate price for the stupidity, irresponsibility and just plain evil bs done by man.

I'm glad that asshole prick is dead. Its just to bad you can't kill the cocksucker more than once. Jeeze

Forum List

Back