Linux Windows 10 "Clone"

Don't worry about Sourceforge, I've been DLing from them since '98.
I put WindowsFX on yesterday, and I like it; but it wiped out the files on my data partitions, including my /home partition. It did not format the partitions, and the recovery app (Testdisk) read the deleted main directories on the partition, but there were no sub-directories or files that I could recover. I have been installing Ubuntu and derivatives since 2008, and have never encountered such an error in doing the partitioning. Still hoping I can find the sub-direcories with something else for the partition that I did not have backed-up recently.
Windows will actively destroy Linux partitions and Ubuntu will do the same for win. Unless you are using a laptop there is no reason not to have independent drives for each OS formatted to the appropriate file cluster or format size. Multiple partitions on one drive only works right on paper in practice they destroy each other like dogs and cats
Total BS. Windows doesn't even see Linux partitions or info.
Oh! I see what you're saying and you're right. Yeah, multi-boot drives are a thing of the past.
Dedicate a drive to whatever OS you wanna run. :dunno:
I got a linux and Windows 10 disk I need to wipe so I can use them.
Still no reason not to have multiple backup drives of the same or different systems. LOL, windows sees and records everything and sends the info straight to the NSA

Grow up
iu

Ah, I see the cultists got esalla's posts deleted, for some reason, as was mine pointing out how spastic the cultists get when their OS God is critiqued by 'The Heathens'.

Anyways, my response to one of his last posts is ....

Photoshop is the finest photo processing software period. So by switching to Linux you are always condemned to second rate software, the people who use this krap just get some sort of quasi sexual satisfaction out of feeling that they beat Microsoft. This is fine too, as long as you are getting done what is needed and I could not on any level, the bundled photo editor I forget the name was a comical joke

MS charges more for many more certifications, is why for some they hate it no matter what. Linux was originally intended for windows-like desktop for running servers like Apache, for which is all it's good for. Most people don't need server friendly desktop software for their PCs, but they figured out if throw a huge amount of blowware onto a disk and give it away for free, you can sucker people into the cult and eventually charge them for mundane stuff and convince companies to use it, and then put Linux on your resume. You want anything good out of Linux you buy the pay versions put out by Redhat, and you still have the same problems, but you get to pay a 'certified expert' to get your 'free' blowware running right, or you can spend endless hours on one of the zillion Linux forums where hardly anybody else knows a frigging thing about your issues either, and wait maybe months for an answer, if you're really lucky.

Been there and done that, I was not on the forum endlessly though because once they sent me a dead end link to useless drivers I went right back on the forum and told them what they did to me so they could not have me around advertising what linux was not able to do and they banned me from asking further questions. Then windows could not find the drive to format it and I had to run a free linux app called partition magic I think it was, then back to win where I actually get stuff done.

My first windows Os was 95. I was up and running in an hour. Even with years of installing and screwing around with various Linux flavors, I never had a clean install, and was always waiting for decent drivers to come along so I could use new hardware. A lost cause, that is; 'better' than DOS , marginally; though DOS 7 wasn't bad, except for drivers, again. I've had problems with Windows, sure, but never as bad as with Linux. I am sand they have stopped supporting Win 7, though, but there is so much info out there on it I can still use it for years longer, as I have most of the software I need already. Game stuff is not so great now, but If I got that interested in gaming I would just buy an X Box or something like that, cheaper than a PC; they don't write games for these any more anyway.
No, I had them deleted because they went completely off topic. Notice I had many of mine deleted also...... Oops.......
The topic isn't about your personal preferences or personal experiences it's about a specific distro. If you want to address that specific distro then go ahead, if you want to whine and bitch about an operating system then start your own thread.

Forum List

Back