Links between poverty,trumpism and vax rates

Alabama and Mississippi—two of the poorest states in the country—rank dead last in percent of fully vaccinated residents, at 24.1% and 24.3%, respectively.

The next states with the lowest totals are Utah (25%), Tennessee (25.5%) and Georgia (25.7%), followed by Arkansas (26.4%) and Louisiana (26.9%).

Is it trumpism at fault here or are there other factors? I read that the public health provision in Alabama has been run down for years and that it is woefully underfunded.

Is it an education issue ? None of these places is known as progressive and educated.

Why arent these people getting the jab ?
Vaccinated people are dying after getting covid and delta.

The vaccine was never said to be 100% effective. Two days ago I saw that 99% of recent COVID deaths in Maryland were unvaccinated.
Vaccinated people are dropping like flies. They are dying after getting covid and delta.

Maybe it has to do with the fact both sides have gone above and beyond to politicize covid and the vaccines something that never should have been politicized. The left was doing it when Trump was President and the right started when Biden was sworn in. Add in the conflicting information and messaging we were getting from the CDC the government and so called experts and I can understand why some are hesistant to get the vaccine.

Horseshit.

I'll take my own immune system any day of the week, especially for something this relatively harmless.

You can, but I've had friends and family that got Covid. They all tell me food doesn't taste the same. It doesn't taste awful, but it doesn't taste nearly as good either. Like a lot of people, I love my food. I want my pizza to taste like a pizza and my steak to taste like a steak. I already had my shots and I have much less to worry about.

Alabama and Mississippi—two of the poorest states in the country—rank dead last in percent of fully vaccinated residents, at 24.1% and 24.3%, respectively.

The next states with the lowest totals are Utah (25%), Tennessee (25.5%) and Georgia (25.7%), followed by Arkansas (26.4%) and Louisiana (26.9%).

Is it trumpism at fault here or are there other factors? I read that the public health provision in Alabama has been run down for years and that it is woefully underfunded.

Is it an education issue ? None of these places is known as progressive and educated.

You are an idiot....

A new report reveals that cities in red states have experienced far more robust job market recoveries than cities in blue states.

Considering four different unemployment statistics, personal finance company WalletHub found that all of the top ten cities for job growth since COVID-19 and the lockdown-induced recession are located in Republican-led states:

1. Manchester, New Hampshire — Gov. Chris Sununu (R)
  2. Nashua, New Hampshire — Gov. Chris Sununu (R)
  3. Burlington, Vermont — Gov. Phil Scott (R)
  4. South Burlington, Vermont — Gov. Phil Scott (R)
  5. Lincoln, Nebraska — Gov. Pete Ricketts (R)
  6. Huntsville, Alabama — Gov. Kay Ivey (R)
  7. Omaha, Nebraska — Gov. Pete Ricketts (R)
  8. Salt Lake City, Utah — Gov. Spencer Cox
  9. Sioux Falls, South Dakota — Gov. Kristi Noem (R)
  10. Billings, Montana — Gov. Greg Gianforte (R)
Similarly, nine of the ten worst cities for labor market recovery are in Democrat-run states:

1. Hialeah, Florida — Gov. Ron DeSantis (R)
  2. New Orleans, Louisiana — Gov. John Bel Edwards (D)
  3. Long Beach, California — Gov. Gavin Newsom (D)
  4. Glendale, California — Gov. Gavin Newsom (D)
  5. Newark, New Jersey — Gov. Phil Murphy (D)
  6. New York City, New York — Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D)
  7. Los Angeles, California — Gov. Gavin Newsom (D)
  8. San Bernardino, California — Gov. Gavin Newsom (D)
  9. Chicago, Illinois — Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D)
  10. North Las Vegas, Nevada — Gov. Steve Sisolak (D)

They have high concentrations of black Americans...the ones the democrats experimented on during the Tuskeegee experiments.......so black Americans are leary of any effort by the government to inject them with unknown fluids....

Where did they rank BEFORE Trump took office?

Odds are, Trump has nothing to do with their disinterest in getting the shot.

But keep posting Trump hurts my butt articles.

Lieberals need the justification, and the rest of us need a good laugh.
The point being that this is a big trump supporting area and he famously killed 500k Americans by downplaying the virus. Its all his legacy.

No, shithead.....Chinese communists killed millions around the world by either intentionally releasing the virus or letting it escape.....it is also becoming clearer that if it was an accident, they did intentionally allow it to spread around the world so that china wouldn't be the only country to suffer...

Trump got us the 3 vaccines you are whining about people not taking, you idiot...if the democrats had been in charge we still wouldn't have them........

Trump saved lives, while the democrats protected the Chinese communists...

The point being that this is a big trump supporting area and he famously killed 500k Americans by downplaying the virus. Its all his legacy.

You leftists keep pushing your anti-Trump propaganda, yet you can't find one person that died from Covid because of anything Trump said. Trump held daily press conferences for quite some time. He often invited medical experts to give their opinions. Fauci and Brix often addressed the public and gave their recommendations. When Woodhead's book came out, they asked Dr. Fauci about it. He responded by saying everything he and the President discussed about covid was properly and timely relayed to the public.

Did Trump downplay the virus? Yes he did, but did so at the same time Piglosi, Cuomo and DeBlazio just to mention a few Democrats were doing the same. When it started to become a real problem, Trump often encouraged people to take precautions, even one time telling the public it's the patriotic thing to do. Need the video, just ask.

Now can you explain how it's Trump followers who are not taking the vaccine? If they followed Trump, they would be first in line to get the vaccines since it was President Trump who worked to get those vaccines Emergency Use Authorization and signed contracts with 8 different potential vaccine manufacturers this time last year. In the contract was a guarantee the US gets the first 100 million doses, with a rider that says we also get up to another 300 million on demand. Trump endorsed those vaccines and told people to take them when they could.

Your claims have too many holes in it and it makes absolutely no sense. 200,000 Americans died from the common flu during the DumBama administration. If Trump is responsible for the covid deaths, was DumBama responsible for the flu deaths? And if not, why not? See how stupid your argument sounds?

Horseshit.

I'll take my own immune system any day of the week, especially for something this relatively harmless.

You can, but I've had friends and family that got Covid. They all tell me food doesn't taste the same. It doesn't taste awful, but it doesn't taste nearly as good either. Like a lot of people, I love my food. I want my pizza to taste like a pizza and my steak to taste like a steak. I already had my shots and I have much less to worry about.
I had it and my sense of taste returned.

All said, natural immunity beats the BigPharm snake oil every time.

That's IF you have such immunity which most people don't have. Before I got my first shot, I called my provider (The Cleveland Clinic) to find out if there was a reliable antibody test to tell me if I even needed the vaccine. They told me there isn't which is why they don't use them. I had some lung problems in December of 2019. I just assumed it was bronchitis which I've had before being a smoker. It went away after a few weeks and I was fine. But I don't know if it was indeed the start of bronchitis or if it was covid. I'll never know.

That's IF you have such immunity which most people don't have. Before I got my first shot, I called my provider (The Cleveland Clinic) to find out if there was a reliable antibody test to tell me if I even needed the vaccine. They told me there isn't which is why they don't use them. I had some lung problems in December of 2019. I just assumed it was bronchitis which I've had before being a smoker. It went away after a few weeks and I was fine. But I don't know if it was indeed the start of bronchitis or if it was covid. I'll never know.
I won't pretend to be wise enough to make medical decisions for others....You make your choices, and others will make theirs.

Well, let's just take a looksie at exactly where we are talking about.
One of the Hot Spots for Covid in Louisiana is Shreveport.

Mayor Adrian Perkins (Democrat) named the five most dangerous Covid Hot Spots In Shreveport.
They are Martin Luther King Jr., Sunset Acres, Mooretown, Western Hills, and Queensborough areas.
All of them are majority African American Democrat Districts.

They didn't vote for Former President Trump you nit-wit ... :thup:
They are not medically underfunded, and Shreveport has a free LSU Health ~ Medical Center/Hospital.
They have free testing and vaccines mobile in those areas.

It's not an educational Issue, everyone knows about the Virus.
Testing and the vaccines are available and easy enough to get.

Last edited:
I won't pretend to be wise enough to make medical decisions for others....You make your choices, and others will make theirs.

I couldn't agree more. But if I did have Covid and not realize it, there is no way I would have gotten the vaccine. The best immunity is if you already had it.

I couldn't agree more. But if I did have Covid and not realize it, there is no way I would have gotten the vaccine. The best immunity is if you already had it.
That's fair enough...I'm totally pro choice here.

What I cannot abide is corporations, schools, and others imposing the vax as a condition of access.

That's fair enough...I'm totally pro choice here.

What I cannot abide is corporations, schools, and others imposing the vax as a condition of access.

I would have less of a problem with it if it wasn't experimental and had full FDA approval. I think if there are any negative effects down the road with this vaccine, institutions that forced their workers or students to take it should be held liable. If it's the teachers union making the threats, they should be sued out of existence. It would benefit everybody involved.

Forum List

Back