Liking The New Microsoft Edge

Yep, all redone, looks pretty nice actually. Microsoft is pushing it hard with their last update so I took a look at it and like it. Been wanting to get away from google chrome for obvious reasons, but had no idea chrome was such a resource hog on your computer. Makes sense now though. Heard the fan on my new Dell laptop with 16G of ram and a 256Mb SSD, runs nice a fast but lots of things on the net using chrome seem to kick the fan on. In any case, here's a quick article about the all new Microsoft Edge. I have both installed as of right now, and going to use the new Edge since it eats less than HALF your computers resources that chrome does, and if I like it, I'm dumping chrome. Just sick of google...

Dell still makes computers
Be careful when considering reviews because MS buys tons of advertising and that's one of the ways MS destroyed all their competition...You want advertising revenue, you better give MS the edge in all reviews.

The issue is if Edge won't eat my computers up as it's done for the last year or so.
It shouldn't as Microsoft dropped the old EdgeHTML rendering engine in favor of the new Chromium engine. If you're a Chrome user there'll be little to no learning curve with the new Edge.
At least somebody here know what they're talking about.
I figured the Indian H1-Bs can't write efficient code to save their lives; thankfully Chrome was paid to help.
Microsoft finally figured out their own creation lost the leadership to Chrome waaaay back and would never regain top dog browser status if they didn't do something radical. So if you can't fight em on your own ground fight em on theirs using their weapons........ With the new Edge Chrome Extensions are available but the end used has to agree to using Chrome Extensions on Microsoft Edge. Microsoft says they can't guarantee the Chrome Extensions are safe on Edge because they can't "verify" them. Chrome of course states using their Extensions on Edge isn't safe because they can't monitor and protect those Extensions....... Microsoft has it's own Extension pack, many of which are also Chrome Extensions, MS just doesn't have the number of Extensions yet but that's to be expected, it's brand new.
In other words, H1-Bs don't know how to read well written code.
In fact, they always have to write the every OS from scratch because they can't even read their own crap.
Don't know, I don't write code.

Yep, all redone, looks pretty nice actually. Microsoft is pushing it hard with their last update so I took a look at it and like it. Been wanting to get away from google chrome for obvious reasons, but had no idea chrome was such a resource hog on your computer. Makes sense now though. Heard the fan on my new Dell laptop with 16G of ram and a 256Mb SSD, runs nice a fast but lots of things on the net using chrome seem to kick the fan on. In any case, here's a quick article about the all new Microsoft Edge. I have both installed as of right now, and going to use the new Edge since it eats less than HALF your computers resources that chrome does, and if I like it, I'm dumping chrome. Just sick of google...

Be careful when considering reviews because MS buys tons of advertising and that's one of the ways MS destroyed all their competition...You want advertising revenue, you better give MS the edge in all reviews.

The issue is if Edge won't eat my computers up as it's done for the last year or so.
It shouldn't as Microsoft dropped the old EdgeHTML rendering engine in favor of the new Chromium engine. If you're a Chrome user there'll be little to no learning curve with the new Edge.
I figured the Indian H1-Bs can't write efficient code to save their lives; thankfully Chrome was paid to help.
Microsoft finally figured out their own creation lost the leadership to Chrome waaaay back and would never regain top dog browser status if they didn't do something radical. So if you can't fight em on your own ground fight em on theirs using their weapons........ With the new Edge Chrome Extensions are available but the end used has to agree to using Chrome Extensions on Microsoft Edge. Microsoft says they can't guarantee the Chrome Extensions are safe on Edge because they can't "verify" them. Chrome of course states using their Extensions on Edge isn't safe because they can't monitor and protect those Extensions....... Microsoft has it's own Extension pack, many of which are also Chrome Extensions, MS just doesn't have the number of Extensions yet but that's to be expected, it's brand new.
In fact, they always have to write the every OS from scratch because they can't even read their own crap.
I do and I've seen inedible spaghetti.

I took one intro class twenty five or so years ago, don't even remember which language it was. Realized then it wasn't for me, it was like trying to learn Klingon........

I took one intro class twenty five or so years ago, don't even remember which language it was. Realized then it wasn't for me, it was like trying to learn Klingon........
When I was young I didn't like people and I loved writing code.
I was lucky to work with scientists who taught me how to write super tight code.
These days I much prefer dealing with people and I meet a lot of people in different phases of construction; very smart people.

I was lucky to work with scientists who taught me how to write super tight code.
These days I much prefer dealing with people and I meet a lot of people in different phases of construction; very smart people.
Other than a single class in Intro to Computer Basics my computer knowledge is primarily self taught. I learned Dos Shell but never used it, never needed to.

Apart from the Operating system, I avoid anything Microsoft. So I use Firefox, Thunderbird and Open Office. Previously, I always used Lotus.

So with the updated Updates KB4576753 and KB4576754 Microsoft is finally removing the old Edge and installing the new one. You also cannot update Edge on Windows 10 without one of these. The updates are flagged as mandatory and are not available in the Update Catalog for manual setup and integration. They are not uninstallable. Installing it will install Edge and make it irremovable. Edge can only be uninstalled when installed as exe or msi, not when installed as Windows update, automatic or msu.

For me that means I am using another browser until at least I get the manual update.

Firefox Rules!

index.jpg

It might not be rational any more, but I have serious trust issues with trusting an email program or a web browser from Microsoft. It dates back to the days of Windows NT, 2000, and XP, when Outlook allowed executable code to be attached to an email message, and automatically be executed when they message was ran, and when Internet Explorer served as the vector through which Windows system updates were downloaded and installed.

Outlook, of course, gave rise to a whole new category of malware, “email viruses” that would infect a machine just by being foolish enough to use Outlook to receive and read a message containing it, and which would then go on to hijack the machine into emailing it out to others.

And think about how Windows Update used to work. You'd use Internet Explorer to visit the web site at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and through that web site, you'd be guided through a process of determining which updates you need, downloading those updates, and then, from within the browser, installing them.

Think about what they means. A web browser, the very same web browser that many people were using for general web surfing, and probably visiting some fairly dodgy sites, had the ability and authority to install software that changed the underlying operating system. As easily as it could download and install legitimate update to Windows, it could just as easily be downloading and installing all manner of malicious crap.

I think it's fair to say that from the late 1990s to the early 2000s, Microsoft did more than any other entity in existence, to enable and empower creators of malicious software.

If you are afraid of malware, use apple. A free system has the disadvantage of being more easily exposed to maltreatment, deal with it.

Other than a single class in Intro to Computer Basics my computer knowledge is primarily self taught. I learned Dos Shell but never used it, never needed to.
Basically because with a DOS shell, you don't have the source code

Basically because with a DOS shell, you don't have the source code
I'm aware of that difference.

You KNOW what the "other half" of those resources in Chrome were doing -- right? Anything Google is another form of spyware...

BTW -- Bing has surpassed Google for search.. Started out rocky -- but I've been using it exclusively for EVERYTHING the past couple years.. Never disappointed.. Not feeling like search is "pay for play" or political endorsement..

Forum List

Back