Like Priest, Like People?

Alexandre Fedorovski

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
Priest who presided over inaugural services for President Biden under investigation
1616904750819.png

The Jesuit priest who presided over an inaugural Mass for President Joe Biden has been placed under investigation for alleged behaviours "which may be inconsistent with established Jesuit protocols and boundaries."

The investigation was announced by Santa Clara University in Northern California where Rev Kevin O'Brien has served as university president.

In a statement, the college's board of trustees said it had been informed by the Provincial of the USA West Province that the Jesuit Provincial Office recently received accounts concerning alleged behaviours exhibited by Fr O'Brien "in adult settings consisting primarily of conversations, which may be inconsistent with established Jesuit protocols and boundaries."

It added that O'Brien had also been placed on leave from his position as president for the duration of the investigation, which is being carried out by the Jesuit Provincial Office of the USA West Province.

"He has agreed to cooperate fully with the investigation and honor the process that he affirms annually as part of his ongoing Jesuit training," the statement added.

"The Trustees support those who came forward to share their accounts. It is important that anyone who witnesses actions they believe are inconsistent with SCU's values or rules is able to share their concerns and have confidence that they will be taken seriously. This is a value that Father O'Brien also affirms, in this case or any other.

At the same time, we fully respect Father O'Brien's right to a fair and impartial investigation, and we appreciate his strong belief that any complaints involving him should be held to the highest standard and carefully and independently investigated. As you know, transparency and accountability have been hallmarks of his tenure thus far, and Father O'Brien insists that they must apply especially now," the statement added.

O'Brien presided over the service at the Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle in Washington D.C. in January for Mr Biden, who is Catholic, before the inauguration ceremony at the U.S. Capitol.

The priest has known the US president's family for about 15 years, according to the university and also presided over services for Mr Biden's inaugurations as vice president.

FROM THE AUTHOR: WHAT may be "inconsistent with established Jesuit protocols and boundaries" that a holy father was allegedly talking about? That touching sacred things in the Congress building with dirty hands is PERMISSIBLE???

SOURCE: Priest who presided over inaugural services for President Biden under investigation - Premier Christian News | Headlines, Breaking News, Comment & Analysis

FROM THE AUTHOR: WHAT may be "inconsistent with established Jesuit protocols and boundaries" that a holy father was allegedly talking about? That touching sacred things in the Congress building with dirty hands is PERMISSIBLE???

Strange.

="foggedinn, post: 26822029, member: 12571"

Strange.

Intriguing, I would say.
To those of you who label me "OP" - don't you find that you are making a mockery of yourself THIS TIME, because I have NOT yet expressed my opinion?! This is the Christian Science Monitor's opinion! :)))

Last edited:

Strange.

Intriguing, I would say.
To those of you who label me "OP" - don't you find that you are making a mockery of yourself THIS TIME, because I have NOT yet expressed my opinion?! This is the Christian Science Monitor's opinion! :)))
Intriguing is a good word for it. Without specific details, I don't know how to form an opinion. It seems to be a matter within the Jesuit order and we may never know the details.

="foggedinn, post: 26834364, member: 12571"
="Alexandre Fedorovski, post: 26822058, member: 67922"

Strange.

Intriguing, I would say.

Intriguing is a good word for it. Without specific details, I don't know how to form an opinion. It seems to be a matter within the Jesuit order and we may never know the details.

Well, I think it MUST be pointed out that a man so close to this semblance to a head of state is under investigation.

After all, he was selected to attend the inauguration specifically as a "man of God," and now this man of God, so close to Joe, is under investigation by the Church Order. Or has he not washed his hands by himself???

The American people have the right to know the truth, don't we??? We NEED to know who speaks to God on our behalf...
And I thought common sense won over the moderators :)

Forum List

Back