Life Long Lions Fan Left wondering what to think

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
So I have been a Lions Fan since I was 3 years old. I have grown to expect them to always fall short and not play their best when it most counts.

I am afraid to get excited about them this year. Even though I think their last 2 games showed a Team With the Character to beat any team out there. Both Road Games and in Both they started flat and were down at half time. 20 to Nothing 2 weeks ago and the come back to win on the road, then this week in Dallas, Just over 10 Mins left in the 3rd and they are down 27 to 3, and they yet again find what it takes to win.

2 Huge Come Backs on the road, a 4 and 0 start with 3 of them road games.

Should I embrace the idea that they might actually be the real deal this time? Or is it still just wishful thinking?

So I have been a Lions Fan since I was 3 years old. I have grown to expect them to always fall short and not play their best when it most counts.

I am afraid to get excited about them this year. Even though I think their last 2 games showed a Team With the Character to beat any team out there. Both Road Games and in Both they started flat and were down at half time. 20 to Nothing 2 weeks ago and the come back to win on the road, then this week in Dallas, Just over 10 Mins left in the 3rd and they are down 27 to 3, and they yet again find what it takes to win.

Should I embrace the idea that they might actually be the real deal this time? Or is it still just wishful thinking?

They still got some warts, but they're better than they've been for at least 15 years. QB's a bit inconsistent, running game is not good, they still make too many stupid mistakes and penalties. But they do have Calvin Johnson, who is an absolute beast out there.

They have a 3-game home stand coming up with Chicago on MNF, then San Francisco, and Atlanta. Not sure they'll beat Atlanta, but I do think they'll clobber Chicago and SF. I'm thinking 10-6 this year, and that ain't bad when you consider they were 0-16 3 seasons back.

I've watched every game and it is clear that they have some weak points. Also, falling behind as much as they have the last two weeks (even though both games ended up being victories), is a bit bothersome.

With that being said, they are winning, have the best receiver in the league, a qb that isn't scared to throw the ball to him, and maybe the best d-line in the league as well.

Awesome time to be a Lions fan.

They still got some warts, but they're better than they've been for at least 15 years. QB's a bit inconsistent, running game is not good, they still make too many stupid mistakes and penalties. But they do have Calvin Johnson, who is an absolute beast out there.

They have a 3-game home stand coming up with Chicago on MNF, then San Francisco, and Atlanta. Not sure they'll beat Atlanta, but I do think they'll clobber Chicago and SF. I'm thinking 10-6 this year, and that ain't bad when you consider they were 0-16 3 seasons back.

Atlanta's overrated. Chicago beat them... badly.

I'd wait to celebrate until after they've lost, uh, I mean played Green Bay twice.

I wouldn't expect a Super Bowl yet but we'll see how they do in their division games.

I am rooting for them...I hope they do well.

The Detroit Lions sent me a letter stating that if they win the Super Bowl this season that I can buy tickets to next years games at regular season prices! Is that a great deal or what? :lol:

Dude, you need to get behind your damned team, man. Tha' fuck lol

They've run off what? a dozen wins in a row?

You have arguably the best receiver in the game, a young QB with huge upside, and a man who is nearly impossible to contain and takes enormous pleasure in treating opposing quarterbacks heads like they are bottle caps in Nadamukong freakin' Suh. You guys drafted that other stud lineman and Javid Best can be a great player for them too.

I don't think they win a Super Bowl this year but stranger things have happened.

You have arguably the best receiver in the game, a young QB with huge upside, and a man who is nearly impossible to contain and takes enormous pleasure in treating opposing quarterbacks heads like they are bottle caps in Nadamukong freakin' Suh. You guys drafted that other stud lineman and Javid Best can be a great player for them too.

I don't think they win a Super Bowl this year but stranger things have happened.

I can't blame C-Main and other Lions fans for acting snake-bit. You do make valid points tho'.

Geez Louise, the Lions have their best team since Barry Sanders left, and we got guys wondering if they're any good. 8-0 in their last 8 regular season games, how long does it take to get on the freakin' bandwagon?

Get your head out and start talking crap to the Bears, Vikes, and Packers fans. I'll start - the Vikes suck, the Bears are too old and slow, and the Packers are gonna get their asses kicked in Detroit on T-Day.

I can't blame C-Main and other Lions fans for acting snake-bit. You do make valid points tho'.

Yeah, I def know a thing or two about feeling snake bitten.

Matt Millen ruined that franchise.

It's no shock that their turn around coincided with his ousting.

I think Johnson is the only pick he ever nailed. It only took Millen like 5 tries with high first round picks to finally land a stud receiver.....

I'd never been into football much..i learned about it while watching all my son's football games in high school! He's now a Sgt in the Army, at Fort Bragg. He's been the biggest Lions fan i know his whole life...he couldn't stand it when he was deployed and couldn't watch their games! He has the NFL package now so he won't miss them (or Michigan!). I think the last few weeks i've heard him screaming all the way from NC! Lol! We know there "may" be a loss coming, but i'll worry about that if it happens....right now, they're the BEST!

The Lions are like the economy. Getting worse simply was an impossibility. Chicago and Green Bay are still tough. They will have to really work just winning the division.

I am a die-hard Lions fan. They are finally winning games and I am damn happy about it. They have a very strong defense and an offense that is scoring a lot of points. What's not to like?

Yeah, they've let me down forever, but I will still believe in them every year. That is what a FAN does......

Forum List

Back