Lies lies lies yeah

BBCAmerica

May 23, 2012
While I was reading the news yesterday. I came across a Detroit paper talking about Romney lying to people in Defiance Ohio about Jeep (in Toledo) moving "all" production to China. Turns out that just the day before he made that claim Chrysler had announced that it was investing $500 million in the Toledo plant and is adding 1,100 new jobs in 2013. Also the Michigan plant will be adding 1,100 jobs in 2013. To build a new SUV that will take the place on the Liberty. They said they were considering opening a plant in China because they are becoming the largest new car market in the world. Chrysler is the only of the big 3 to not have a factory in China. Anyhow just as I put down my phone the new ad comes on tv about the jobs going to China. Although he did remove the "All" from the claim the video is very misleading.

While I was reading the news yesterday. I came across a Detroit paper talking about Romney lying to people in Defiance Ohio about Jeep (in Toledo) moving "all" production to China. Turns out that just the day before he made that claim Chrysler had announced that it was investing $500 million in the Toledo plant and is adding 1,100 new jobs in 2013. Also the Michigan plant will be adding 1,100 jobs in 2013. To build a new SUV that will take the place on the Liberty. They said they were considering opening a plant in China because they are becoming the largest new car market in the world. Chrysler is the only of the big 3 to not have a factory in China. Anyhow just as I put down my phone the new ad comes on tv about the jobs going to China. Although he did remove the "All" from the claim the video is very misleading.

They manufacture the 30000 plus Jeeps that have been shipped to China this year in Ohio Michigan and Indiana. If they manufacture those Jeeps in China they won't be manufactured here. Therefore, those jobs are shifted to China. It's called using your brain.

'Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.'
Fiat Says Jeep Output May Return to China as Demand Rises - Bloomberg

Thanks for confirming that at present they haven't. Undoubtedly under Romney they would, as he's friendly with companies that ship jobs overseas.

Romney didn't make such a claim, and what he said exactly reflected what was stated in the Bloomberg article.

What is it like, living the Liberal Lie?

I mean, life is just a shit sandwich for you guys, and everyday is another big ol' bite.

Don't you know by now that no one cares about lies anymore? They love to have their ears tickled.

2 Timothy 4;3.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Yes "JEEP" "MAY" "RETURN" They were thinking about reopening the factory in China. Not "Moving all production" Never mind that. Are you saying that Romney is not misleading people at the very least with this add?

Yes "JEEP" "MAY" "RETURN" They were thinking about reopening the factory in China. Not "Moving all production" Never mind that. Are you saying that Romney is not misleading people at the very least with this add?

Is that not what the Bloomberg article he referenced stated?

They manufacture the 30000 plus Jeeps that have been shipped to China this year in Ohio Michigan and Indiana. If they manufacture those Jeeps in China they won't be manufactured here. Therefore, those jobs are shifted to China. It's called using your brain.

No those jobs are NOT being shifted to China. That would mean that people here would be losing work but they are adding 2,200 jobs in 2013. They are going to build China's jeeps in China. Not only the company said it was considering the shift.

'Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.'
Fiat Says Jeep Output May Return to China as Demand Rises - Bloomberg

Thanks for confirming that at present they haven't. Undoubtedly under Romney they would, as he's friendly with companies that ship jobs overseas.

Romney didn't make such a claim, and what he said exactly reflected what was stated in the Bloomberg article.

What is it like, living the Liberal Lie?

I mean, life is just a shit sandwich for you guys, and everyday is another big ol' bite.

You are wrong. The Bloomberg article says explicitly that the CEO made it clear that production was not going to be shifted to China.

If you people possessed a) the ability to read, and b) a gram of integrity, you'd know that,

and shut up.

No those jobs are NOT being shifted to China. That would mean that people here would be losing work but they are adding 2,200 jobs in 2013. They are going to build China's jeeps in China. Not only the company said it was considering the shift.

Did Romney lie, or not, cockroach?

Always keep in mind, the rightwing nuts here are not normal people. They possess abnormalities that make normal logic, reason, facts, and evidence immaterial.

It's sort of like they have a bizarre manifestation of autism where certain avenues of thought that the rest of us take for granted simply don't function with these people.

Did the Bloomberg article state that these people in Ohio were going to lose their jobs? Also 2 days after he made that claim and he was corrected time and time again by Chrysler. He makes an add. Is he not misleading people?

Did the Bloomberg article state that these people in Ohio were going to lose their jobs? Also 2 days after he made that claim and he was corrected time and time again by Chrysler. He makes an add. Is he not misleading people?

Read Romney's speech in Defiance, Ohio, Cocksuck.

Was that his claim?

Well dungbeatle you could in some twisted way claim that he didn't when he first made the claim. But the ad is a lie because he was told that what he said was misleading and he doubled down on it . Rudy said it best "This is a man without a core, a man that will say anything to become POTUS

Yes. He represented as fact something that was not a fact. I would call that a lie.

Did he open his mouth? :cool:

Why wouldn't he lie at this point? :lol:

The lie started with the rightwing online 'news' site Washington Examiner,

which took the Bloomberg story which has the CEO saying they were NOT shifting production from the US to China,

and did their own story saying the CEO said they WERE shifting production.

See how the lie worked, 'nuts??

They took the word 'not' out from in front of 'shifting' so it meant the opposite of what it originally meant.

The easy button of conservatism.

Forum List

Back