Lies exposed and the story set straight

Ahh, linking to Hasbara sites again. What's the point? Do you think anyone that is a neutral believes the propaganda they promulgate?

Ahh, linking to Hasbara sites again. What's the point? Do you think anyone that is a neutral believes the propaganda they promulgate?

I would hardly call the anti Israel media an hasbara site now would you, the report deals with the British Daily mail that is very pro Palestinian and was forced to write a retraction

Oh look, a non-existant Israeli dam...

Yeruham_Lake_2.JPG

Yeruham_Lake_2.JPG

Did I say that Israel had no dams,or did I say they had no dams that could flood gaza ?

Now were is this Israeli dam ?

Don't bother I will tell you it is in the middle of the Negev, 80k from gaza and on the other side of hills. Do you feel stupid yet ?

Last edited:

Yeruham_Lake_2.JPG

there are two dams in Israel. The picture is Yerham in the middle of the negev, too far from gaza to have be blamed for the winter storm flooding. The other dam is way up by the sea of Galilee.

The story about Israel dam being opened to cause the gaza flooding was false. Did not, could not happen.

I merely pointed out that (Dis)Honest Reporting was being less than honest when they stated:

"As the Spokesperson’s Office of the unit of Coordination of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) relayed to HonestReporting: "The claim is entirely false, and southern Israel does not have any dams. Due to the recent rain, streams were flooded throughout the region with no connection to actions taken by the State of Israel."

The dam in question is as you say, the Yeruham dam, which is on the Revivim stream, a tributary of the HaBesor stream, which becomes the Wadi Gaza when it enters Palestine.

The thing is, when you look at historical methods of aquaculture in deserts, damming wadis to catch runoff rainwater is a method that has been used for centuries. There are several wadis in the Negev and it is not beyond the realms of possibility some of those had been dammed "unofficially". I'm not suggesting that the Zionist Isreali Government deliberately breached these dams in order to flood Gaza, this does seem unlikely which is why I ignored the story when it broke.

However that's not to say the story is impossible or a deliberate lie by the Palestinians; lets face it, the Zionists are capable of just about anything when it comes to Palestinians.

I merely pointed out that (Dis)Honest Reporting was being less than honest when they stated:

"As the Spokesperson’s Office of the unit of Coordination of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) relayed to HonestReporting: "The claim is entirely false, and southern Israel does not have any dams. Due to the recent rain, streams were flooded throughout the region with no connection to actions taken by the State of Israel."

The dam in question is as you say, the Yeruham dam, which is on the Revivim stream, a tributary of the HaBesor stream, which becomes the Wadi Gaza when it enters Palestine.

The thing is, when you look at historical methods of aquaculture in deserts, damming wadis to catch runoff rainwater is a method that has been used for centuries. There are several wadis in the Negev and it is not beyond the realms of possibility some of those had been dammed "unofficially". I'm not suggesting that the Zionist Isreali Government deliberately breached these dams in order to flood Gaza, this does seem unlikely which is why I ignored the story when it broke.

However that's not to say the story is impossible or a deliberate lie by the Palestinians; lets face it, the Zionists are capable of just about anything when it comes to Palestinians.

I would go with the Palestinians deliberate lie every time, they have been caught far too often

I would go with the Palestinians deliberate lie every time, they have been caught far too often

Oh, we know. Anything your Zionist paymasters don't tell you must be an ISLAMONAZI LIE!!!! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Poor deluded challenger cannot accept that yet another lie about Israel has come out of Gaza :cool:

Oh, we know. Anything your Zionist paymasters don't tell you must be an ISLAMONAZI LIE!!!! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Time to put up or shut up little man, produce your evidence of the above or retract and apologise. Show that I have Zionist paymasters .

Then define what you mean by zionist

Time to put up or shut up little man, produce your evidence of the above or retract and apologise. Show that I have Zionist paymasters .

It's so self evident, there's no need. To quote you:
Phoenall said:
Show me yours and I will show you mine
:rolleyes:

Poor deluded challenger cannot accept that yet another lie about Israel has come out of Gaza :cool:

Well, yes I can as it happens. I'm capable of filtering the plausable from the implausable and making an objective determination. That's why I didn't jump onto this story when it first broke; it seemed implausable. The Zio-nuts here, however, just regurgitate anything they read or are told to regurgitate, without giving it any thought at all. :)

Well, yes I can as it happens. I'm capable of filtering the plausable from the implausable and making an objective determination. That's why I didn't jump onto this story when it first broke; it seemed implausable. The Zio-nuts here, however, just regurgitate anything they read or are told to regurgitate, without giving it any thought at all. :)
You know very well that what you just said applies to the deluded pro Palestinians here. They will post any article from any source as long as it vilifies Israel. No matter how bogus the accusation.
But when it comes to the cold hard truth, that's when their tails go between their legs.

It's so self evident, there's no need. To quote you:
Phoenall said:
Show me yours and I will show you mine
:rolleyes:

You have asked me for nothing so that is what you have got. Now show that I have Zionist paymasters or retract and apologise

You know very well that what you just said applies to the deluded pro Palestinians here. They will post any article from any source as long as it vilifies Israel. No matter how bogus the accusation.
But when it comes to the cold hard truth, that's when their tails go between their legs.

Really? Not noticed any "cold hard truth" coming from the pro Israel crowd, here just a barrage of Hasbara.

Really? Not noticed any "cold hard truth" coming from the pro Israel crowd, here just a barrage of Hasbara.

Do you mean like your claim I am paid to post on here, still waiting for the proof or the retraction.

Challenger, et al,

You mention "Hasbara" as if it were a bad thing.

(OBSERVATION)

Public diplomacy
Public diplomacy in Israel (also hasbara) refers to public relations efforts to disseminate abroad positive information about Israel. The term is used by the Israeli government and its supporters to describe efforts to explain government policies and promote Israel in the face of negative press, and to counter what they see as delegitimization of Israel around the world.​

(COMMENT)

The entire idea behind spreading positive or inspirational information is that it might opens our minds to new possibilities and helps us respond to concerns in constructive ways. This is actually a good thing. Positive psychology is concerned with three issues: positive emotions, positive individual traits, and positive institutions. And that is the goal of the hasbara --- disseminating positive information; instilling positive emotions about Israel, accentuating the positive traits of Israeli life, and promote the works of positive institutions of Israel.

All too often, all we here from the Pro-Palestinian side is how they can better justify the death and destruction of Israel. The Palestinian is the perpetual victim --- always wrong and never able to take care of themselves. Always trying to roll back the clock a century to what they thought were the good old days.

No --- there is something wrong with the psychology of the Palestinian that they have to criticize the disseminating positive information.

Most Respectfully,
R

Challenger, et al,

You mention "Hasbara" as if it were a bad thing.

(OBSERVATION)

Public diplomacy
Public diplomacy in Israel (also hasbara) refers to public relations efforts to disseminate abroad positive information about Israel. The term is used by the Israeli government and its supporters to describe efforts to explain government policies and promote Israel in the face of negative press, and to counter what they see as delegitimization of Israel around the world.​

(COMMENT)

The entire idea behind spreading positive or inspirational information is that it might opens our minds to new possibilities and helps us respond to concerns in constructive ways. This is actually a good thing. Positive psychology is concerned with three issues: positive emotions, positive individual traits, and positive institutions. And that is the goal of the hasbara --- disseminating positive information; instilling positive emotions about Israel, accentuating the positive traits of Israeli life, and promote the works of positive institutions of Israel.

All too often, all we here from the Pro-Palestinian side is how they can better justify the death and destruction of Israel. The Palestinian is the perpetual victim --- always wrong and never able to take care of themselves. Always trying to roll back the clock a century to what they thought were the good old days.

No --- there is something wrong with the psychology of the Palestinian that they have to criticize the disseminating positive information.

Most Respectfully,
R

Hasbara = Propaganda, the organized dissemination of information to assist the cause of a government. The Nazis and Communists were very good at it.

The fact is my mind was open to new possibilities, that's how I learned that all that "positive" information masked one of the most repugnant regimes on the planet today.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back