Lieberman may back Republican in 2008

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070128...Q5oocth24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

...He added, "I am genuinely an independent. I agree more often than not with Democrats on domestic policy. I agree more often than not with Republicans on foreign and defense policy."

The senator said he wanted to select someone "I believe is best for the future of our country. ... Party is important, but more important is the national interest. And that's the basis that I will decide whom to support for president."

Lieberman spoke on "Fox News Sunday."

A Lieberman/Republican ticket could be a powerful combo... Glad he's only "backing" and not running. If it's a Republican that Lieberman would back, however, it'd be a liberal hawk republican. Is there such a thing & is one running?

A Lieberman/Republican ticket could be a powerful combo... Glad he's only "backing" and not running. If it's a Republican that Lieberman would back, however, it'd be a liberal hawk republican. Is there such a thing & is one running?

Guilliani?

According to the gossip I'm hearing, if McCain gets the nomination, Lieberman will get the vp spot if he wants it. I'm not necessarily a McCain man at this point, but I think that ticket could beat Hillary-Bayh.

Forum List

Back