Libyan rebels are racist

andrresh

Rookie
Aug 28, 2011
Media habitually tells us that Libyan rebels are noble freedom fighters, struggling aganist a bloodthirsty tyrant. But after all the buckets of half-truths and blatant lies, that news poured on our heads, treating us viewers like brainless sheep and feeding us half-baked reports that often got disproved the next day, some of us started to look further and investigate. What they found out, is extremely disturbing. Say, from the very beginning of war we've been hearing reports about "Gaddafi's black mercenaries". We even saw photos and videos of several people that, supposedly, were these mercenaries. But the whole truth is much more complicated - and scary.

Yes, there indeed are several divisions of black Africans and citizens of Chad in the army of Libya, that is formed on the principle of territorial militia. But they can hardly be considered mercenaries - not more than French Foreign Legion or non-American citizens in US Army. In general, the status of black men of Libyan army's various units is civil servants.

In a country with 6 million inhabitants, one third are black (the most oppressed group in the country). Would not it be easier for the rebels to call for their solidarity and ask them join the rebel ranks? But not only black Libyans do not join the rebellion - they flee in terror.

The first wave of reports and evidence of beatings of black Africans began in February and March. The rebels, under the trademark of fighting with the mercenaries from Chad, were slaughtering all black people with no mercy. They even started to post various Youtube videos with their actions filmed (like this: youtube.com/watch?v=C8bpNgB1oEk ) The victim was the Libyan citizen Hisham Mansour, born 22-02-1983). Back in early March, the Human Rights Watch even warned black migrant workers on the need to flee the revolutionary terrain.

"We left behind our friends from Chad. We left behind their bodies. We had 70 or 80 people from Chad working for our company. They cut them dead with pruning shears and axes, attacking them, saying you're providing troops for Gaddafi. The Sudanese, the Chadians were massacred. We saw it ourselves. I am a worker, not a fighter. They took me from my house and [raped] my wife", - a Turkish oilfield worker, who fled Libya, told BBC in February 25.

One of the editors of the Monthly Review, Yoshie Furuhashi, writes:

"The black African workers now live in fear in the territories held by the rebels in Libya. Some have been attacked by mobs, some have been imprisoned and some of their houses and shops have been torched. Many African workers say they felt safer under the regime of Gaddafi".

In March, a reporter from the Daily Mail was in Benghazi and reported:

"Africans I saw ranged from a 20 year old and a late forties, with a grizzled beard. Most wore casual clothes. When they realized that I spoke English erupted in protests. "We did nothing," one told me, before he was silenced. "We are all construction workers in Ghana. Do not harm anyone. "

Another accused, a man in green overalls, showed the paint on their sleeves and said: "This is my job. I do not know how to shoot a gun "

Abdul Nasser, 47, protested: "They lie about us. They took us out of our house at night when we were asleep. " While still complaining, they were taken.

International Business Times published an article on March 2 that says:

"According to reports, over 150 black Africans at least a dozen different countries escaped from Libya by plane and landed at the airport in Nairobi, Kenya, with horrific stories of violence."

"We were attacked by locals who said they were mercenaries who killed people. I mean blacks who refused to see "Julius told Reuters Kiluu, a construction supervisor for 60 years.

Michel Collon with a fact-finding delegation were in Libya in July and when he learned what had happened, he said:

"I met these people during my research in Tripoli. I could talk to some people. They were not "mercenaries," as the rebels and the media tell. Some were dark-skinned Libyans (much of the population is of African type, in fact), others were black civilians from African countries who stayed in Libya for a long time. All support Gaddafi precisely because he opposes to racism and treats them as Arabs and Africans on an equal footing. On the contrary, the rebels in Benghazi are known for their racism, and blacks were victims of terrible systematic atrocities. The paradox is that NATO wants to bring democracy to a section of Al Qaeda and Libyan Ku Klux Klan-type racists".

Here's another footage, with English explanations given: youtube.com/watch?v=T2IBT_dQpEY

After the rebels entered Tripoli, numerous reports of black men being killed appeared again. Twitter explodes with rebels' messages about killing "African mercenaries". In the chaos of embattled Tripoli, black people are being simply seized from the streets and taken somewhere openly.

photo: i56.tinypic.com/63tx15.jpg

On the photo above we can see that the lying people's hands are tied with plastic handcuffs and their clothes are relatively clean. This means these people were captured not after a fight, but deliberately.

The Colonel was being building good relations with the south of Africa. NATO plan of destabilizing Libya might as well include having the black Africans turning away from this country forever, using contempt and xenophobia of the rebels as a driving force of the persecution. After all, lynching black people simply for being in Africa sounds ridiculous. But results are pretty much of the same racist kind, and they are not funny at all.

Last edited:
Whatever else the Libyan rebels are, I know for sure that there is yet surprise for the NATO Gatlin boys in Libya.

D-MITCH777 wrote: ( politicsforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=133982 )
I was watching the news when they first went in to Tripoli and i saw a couple black people then celebrating with Arabs.

andrresh:
Most of the early footage from Tripoli is a fake. Just look at these photos. Any who ever had army training and/or experience of urban fighting, would lol all over them. Their clothes are too clean, they don't carry their ammo with them, their poses are ridiculous. Are we supposed to believe that a 2-million city was taken in several hours by a group of chavsters? On 18th of August, Libyan TV came to know that a fake Tripoli takeover was filmed in Doha, to cover up the fact that NATO troops started the ground operation.

faithhealer-ru.livejournal.com/43400.html
voltairenet.org/NATO-carnage-in-Tripoli

As Thierry Meissan, who was persecuted for his article, said after his release from Rixos, there was no celebration on Tripoli's real streets. Only terror and foreign occupation.

also:
Being a follower of "pure Quran" and not historically established Islam, Gaddafi believes in equal rights for all people (take, for example, women rights in Libya, which was always famous for incredible freedom offered to its women - something that a lot of Muslim countries often scolded it for), and he strived to secure them for black Libyans too. Some tribes, however, were displeased by this situation. These were the very same tribes NATO supported as rebels.

also:
Being a follower of "pure Quran" and not historically established Islam, Gaddafi believes in equal rights for all people (take, for example, women rights in Libya, which was always famous for incredible freedom offered to its women - something that a lot of Muslim countries often scolded it for), and he strived to secure them for Black Libyans too. Some tribes, however, were displeased by this situation. These were the very same tribes NATO supported as rebels.

Andrresh, I knew Africa had race problem in South Africa and parts of Liberia, the result of light-skinned immigrants who when comfy buy into false beliefs and assume they are better than the natives. Northern Africans come in all skin shades and I have never known them to speak of dark-skinned and light-skinned. I however learned today from another news source that the Libyan rebels were torturing Blacks because they fear that the Blacks (probably due to non-Libyan features) were Gaddafi mercenaries and not to be trusted - allAfrica.com: Libya: Rebels Now Target 'Blacks'

Northern Africans come in all skin shades and I have never known them to speak of dark-skinned and light-skinned. I however learned today from another news source that the Libyan rebels were torturing Blacks because they fear that the Blacks (probably due to non-Libyan features) were Gaddafi mercenaries and not to be trusted.
Media try to present the matter as if Gaddafi relied on outside force in his country, the "black mercenaries." It's a lie. A huge number of black Africans has been living in Libya for hundreds of years. There are whole black tribes. It is their land too. And the policy of equality, which Gaddafi tried to hold in Libya, has been profitable for them.
But in Libya, there are other powerful forces, unhappy with this policy of equality. For example, Benghazi was a major center of the black slave trade before the beginning of the 20th century.

Northern Africans come in all skin shades and I have never known them to speak of dark-skinned and light-skinned. I however learned today from another news source that the Libyan rebels were torturing Blacks because they fear that the Blacks (probably due to non-Libyan features) were Gaddafi mercenaries and not to be trusted.
Media try to present the matter as if Gaddafi relied on outside force in his country, the "black mercenaries." It's a lie. A huge number of black Africans has been living in Libya for hundreds of years. There are whole black tribes. It is their land too. And the policy of equality, which Gaddafi tried to hold in Libya, has been profitable for them.
But in Libya, there are other powerful forces, unhappy with this policy of equality. For example, Benghazi was a major center of the black slave trade before the beginning of the 20th century.

It's not a lie, The people of Libya got rid of Gaddafi. A good day for the people of Libya. Obama done the right thing.

Granny don't think dey know what dey doin'...
:eusa_eh:
Special Libyan unit hunts for Gadhafi
8 Sept.`11 – Determined to hunt down Moammar Gadhafi, Libya's new rulers say they have dedicated a special unit of fighters to track the elusive former leader, listening in on his aides' phone calls, poring over satellite images and interviewing witnesses.
Although leads come mostly from on-the-ground tips, help is also coming from France and other Western countries, according to a French intelligence official. Satellite-based transmission intercepts of suspicious phone calls try to pinpoint where Gadhafi might be. Small CIA teams are also assisting in the manhunt, according to former U.S. officials. Gadhafi, who hasn't been seen in public for months, went underground after anti-regime fighters swept into Tripoli on Aug. 21. Capturing the ousted ruler would allow the former rebels to seal their grip on the country and shut the door on the possibility of Gadhafi's inspiring an insurgency against the new leaders.

After more than four decades under his authoritarian rule, Libyans are haunted by the question of Gadhafi's whereabouts, and the country has been awash with rumors that have put him everywhere from deep in a bunker under Tripoli to safe in exile in neighboring Niger or Algeria. On Thursday, Gadhafi himself dismissed talk of his flight, saying in an audio broadcast that he's still in Libya, and exhorting followers to keep fighting. A former rebel fighter, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, said revolutionary forces stormed a villa on Tripoli's outskirts last week acting on a tip.

The fighter, who took part in the operation, said they believe Gadhafi was at the villa and escaped less than an hour before the raid through a secret tunnel. Computers were on and cups of tea were still warm, he said, indicating the occupants had just fled. The fighters detained two chefs working at the villa and recovered documents. Officials say the most reliable reports, culled from eyewitnesses and informants, put the fugitive leader in or near one of three remaining strongholds of loyalist support — his hometown of Sirte on the Mediterranean coast, the city of Bani Walid southeast of Tripoli, or the city of Sabha deep in the southern desert.

Anis Sharif, a spokesman for the Tripoli military council, said the former rebels have a unit of more than 200 "special forces" leading the manhunt in collaboration with the operations room in the capital. He claimed they have located Gadhafi — he would not say where — and that his capture is "just a matter of time." "We are tracking his movements," Sharif told The Associated Press. "He's moving in a small convoy of cars trying to avoid any attention from NATO or the rebels, but successfully we have located a 40 square mile area where he's moving. He's trying not to stay in the same place for more than two or three hours." The operation is drawing on technology, tips from people on the ground and eyewitnesses to try to pinpoint Gadhafi's location. "We are tracking the phone calls for his aide, we know he's trying not to use the phone himself," Sharif said. "We are using satellite photos as well."

MORE

See also:

US doesn't think Gadhafi's foes know where he is, official says
September 8, 2011 -- Loyalists fire rockets at opposition fighters from Bani Walid; NEW: NTC leader says Libyans have a choice between the past and the future; The United States does not believe the NTC knows where Gadhafi is; Official: The U.S. mission is to protect citizens, not to nab Gadhafi
The United States does not know where ousted Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi is and does not believe the National Transitional Council has a lock on his whereabouts either, a senior U.S. official told CNN Thursday. That information came after Anees al-Sharif, a spokesman for the new Tripoli Military Council, said anti-Gadhafi fighters had cornered the fallen Libyan leader and that he had no means of escape. Al-Sharif did not divulge a location. U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said earlier this week that officials believe Gadhafi is on the run. "I don't have any information as to exactly where he's located," he said.

Two Libyan convoys passed through Niger this week, officials in that country said. Initial speculation was that Gadhafi was in one of those groups, but on Thursday a second senior U.S. official said the United States now has a list of officials from Libya who were in both convoys. There were "no marquee names," or anyone who was named in U.N. Security Council resolutions, the second source said. The official would not say who was in the convoys but said Gadhafi's security chief was not among them, refuting reports that said he left in the convoy.

The Nigerien government is talking to the NTC about what the new Libyan leadership wants to do with those in the convoy but the NTC hasn't decided whether it's worth it to bring them back, the source said. Libyans are leading the search for Gadhafi. The Central Intelligence Agency has agents in the area, and the United Kingdom, France, Jordan and Qater have special forces in the country as well, NATO and U.S. defense officials tell CNN. However, the mission of those agents is not necessarily focused on hunting for Gadhafi.

In Washington, Capt. John Kirby, spokesman for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, insisted Thursday that the U.S. mission in Libya is to protect citizens and "is not about capturing or finding Col. Gadhafi." Questions about Gadhafi's whereabouts intensified after the fall of Tripoli and reports that his wife, daughter, two sons and other family members fled to neighboring Algeria, which described its acceptance of the family as a humanitarian gesture.

More U.S. doesn't think Gadhafi's foes know where he is, official says - CNN.com

also:
Being a follower of "pure Quran" and not historically established Islam, Gaddafi believes in equal rights for all people (take, for example, women rights in Libya, which was always famous for incredible freedom offered to its women - something that a lot of Muslim countries often scolded it for), and he strived to secure them for Black Libyans too. Some tribes, however, were displeased by this situation. These were the very same tribes NATO supported as rebels.

Andrresh, I knew Africa had race problem in South Africa and parts of Liberia, the result of light-skinned immigrants who when comfy buy into false beliefs and assume they are better than the natives. Northern Africans come in all skin shades and I have never known them to speak of dark-skinned and light-skinned. I however learned today from another news source that the Libyan rebels were torturing Blacks because they fear that the Blacks (probably due to non-Libyan features) were Gaddafi mercenaries and not to be trusted - allAfrica.com: Libya: Rebels Now Target 'Blacks'

Actually idiot, the Libyans hostilities towards Black Africans goes back further than this. Gaddafi opened the doors of his country to Black Africans looking for work from countries like Chad, Nigeria, Somalia, Ghana etc and these Africans were taking work away from the locals, so Africans were hated for that and discriminated against, Black Africans were never that popular in Libya even before the revolt, they are not crazy about Blacks in Egypt, Algeria, Morrocco or Tunisia by the way, god you claim to be African but you know jack shit about your continent, what a fuckin loser.

That is why Britain is bombing Gaddafi :)
-----
Gaddafi's speech, 2001:

Let us deal with Britain first. Some believe that the youth who were trained in Peshawar, went to Afghanistan, joined Bin-Laden then went to all corners of the Earth are the members of the so-called Al-Qaeda organization.

If that is true, we must state that Britain shelters the largest number of them. We have proof of that if the world wishes to cooperate. Are we really going to attack the bases of terrorism and the countries that harbor terrorists? I do not think so, unless we are going to say that we will attack all the countries that shelter terrorists with the exception of Britain.

Thus, we go back to double standards and disrupt the international consensus against terrorism. This is a sure way to lose the war on terrorism. Tony Ben, the elder statesman of the British Labor Party and its chairman, has said: “If the US supports Israel out of fear of the American Jews, we in Britain might take the side of the terrorists. Because we fear the more than seven million British Muslims”.

The Chief of British Intelligence said more than what Tony Ben said. This is what made Arab countries wonder if they could be closer allies of the US than Britain is. What is the difference between Britain and Afghanistan? Let us see what the US would do with Britain first.

Forum List

Back