Libya Is In Ruin. Is This What Obama Wants In Syria As Well???

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
libya-nato.jpg

Special report: We all thought Libya had moved on – it has, but into lawlessness and ruin

Libya has plunged unnoticed into its worst political and economic crisis since the defeat of Gaddafi

A little under two years ago, Philip Hammond, the Defence Secretary, urged British businessmen to begin “packing their suitcases” and to fly to Libya to share in the reconstruction of the country and exploit an anticipated boom in natural resources.

Yet now Libya has almost entirely stopped producing oil as the government loses control of much of the country to militia fighters.

Mutinying security men have taken over oil ports on the Mediterranean and are seeking to sell crude oil on the black market. Ali Zeidan, Libya’s Prime Minister, has threatened to “bomb from the air and the sea” any oil tanker trying to pick up the illicit oil from the oil terminal guards, who are mostly former rebels who overthrew Muammar Gaddafi and have been on strike over low pay and alleged government corruption since July.

As world attention focused on the coup in Egypt and the poison gas attack in Syria over the past two months, Libya has plunged unnoticed into its worst political and economic crisis since the defeat of Gaddafi two years ago. Government authority is disintegrating in all parts of the country putting in doubt claims by American, British and French politicians that Nato’s military action in Libya in 2011 was an outstanding example of a successful foreign military intervention which should be repeated in Syria.

In an escalating crisis little regarded hitherto outside the oil markets, output of Libya’s prized high-quality crude oil has plunged from 1.4 million barrels a day earlier this year to just 160,000 barrels a day now. Despite threats to use military force to retake the oil ports, the government in Tripoli has been unable to move effectively against striking guards and mutinous military units that are linked to secessionist forces in the east of the country.

Libyans are increasingly at the mercy of militias which act outside the law. Popular protests against militiamen have been met with gunfire; 31 demonstrators were shot dead and many others wounded as they protested outside the barracks of “the Libyan Shield Brigade” in the eastern capital Benghazi in June.

Special report: We all thought Libya had moved on ? it has, but into lawlessness and ruin - Africa - World - The Independent

I guess this is Obama's clean war..............

How would the world react if a nuclear device were detonated for the purpose of annihilating a population, foreign or domestic? An extreme example, but chemical weapons should be regarded in a similar vein. I agree with the Screwball in Chief that a limited, targeted, tactical strike is necessary.

How would the world react if a nuclear device were detonated for the purpose of annihilating a population, foreign or domestic? An extreme example, but chemical weapons should be regarded in a similar vein. I agree with the Screwball in Chief that a limited, targeted, tactical strike is necessary.

Perhaps if it were somebody else.

I don't trust this prick though. Will he stop there or will he act as al Qaeda's air force and try to win the war like he did in Libya?

Fact is, this isn't that simple. Russia and Iran are going to get into it with us if we attack. I think it's best at this time to go to the UN and see it through normal diplomatic channels. This has the potential of causing much more than a hand-slap to take place.

A 'tactical strike' on what, whom, exactly?

A 'tactical strike' on what, whom, exactly?

Maybe Assad will provide him with a face-saving target.

1136415_attack%20here.jpg

I don't trust this prick though. Will he stop there or will he act as al Qaeda's air force and try to win the war like he did in Libya?

Fact is, this isn't that simple. Russia and Iran are going to get into it with us if we attack. I think it's best at this time to go to the UN and see it through normal diplomatic channels. This has the potential of causing much more than a hand-slap to take place.

The act of striking Syria is in fact simple. A few mouse clicks, some pressing of buttons.

I agree that the consequences, if any, are not. But those consequences are left to conjecture. I don't think Iran or Russia will act in response, as they too would contemplate the "consequences" (admittedly, conjecture) of their actions.

Diplomatic channels have already been proven fruitless. Ergo, the gas attacks.

Inaction, at this point, would prove far more deleterious than action. Jackson. :D

libya-nato.jpg

Special report: We all thought Libya had moved on – it has, but into lawlessness and ruin

Libya has plunged unnoticed into its worst political and economic crisis since the defeat of Gaddafi

A little under two years ago, Philip Hammond, the Defence Secretary, urged British businessmen to begin “packing their suitcases” and to fly to Libya to share in the reconstruction of the country and exploit an anticipated boom in natural resources.

Yet now Libya has almost entirely stopped producing oil as the government loses control of much of the country to militia fighters.

Mutinying security men have taken over oil ports on the Mediterranean and are seeking to sell crude oil on the black market. Ali Zeidan, Libya’s Prime Minister, has threatened to “bomb from the air and the sea” any oil tanker trying to pick up the illicit oil from the oil terminal guards, who are mostly former rebels who overthrew Muammar Gaddafi and have been on strike over low pay and alleged government corruption since July.

As world attention focused on the coup in Egypt and the poison gas attack in Syria over the past two months, Libya has plunged unnoticed into its worst political and economic crisis since the defeat of Gaddafi two years ago. Government authority is disintegrating in all parts of the country putting in doubt claims by American, British and French politicians that Nato’s military action in Libya in 2011 was an outstanding example of a successful foreign military intervention which should be repeated in Syria.

In an escalating crisis little regarded hitherto outside the oil markets, output of Libya’s prized high-quality crude oil has plunged from 1.4 million barrels a day earlier this year to just 160,000 barrels a day now. Despite threats to use military force to retake the oil ports, the government in Tripoli has been unable to move effectively against striking guards and mutinous military units that are linked to secessionist forces in the east of the country.

Libyans are increasingly at the mercy of militias which act outside the law. Popular protests against militiamen have been met with gunfire; 31 demonstrators were shot dead and many others wounded as they protested outside the barracks of “the Libyan Shield Brigade” in the eastern capital Benghazi in June.

Special report: We all thought Libya had moved on ? it has, but into lawlessness and ruin - Africa - World - The Independent

no it looks like the model he intended was Egypt

that is until the Egyptian military stepped in and stopped it

Haven't you heard?

we must spread Fweedumb across the Middle East!!

all Arabs want and deserve Fweedumb!!!!!

:)

Is This What Obama Wants In Syria As Well???

I think it's what he wants in the U.S.

libya-nato.jpg

no it looks like the model he intended was Egypt

that is until the Egyptian military stepped in and stopped it

Yes, Sharia law for everyone.

This is going to create another Iran. We don't need another Iran.

Last edited:

The act of striking Syria is in fact simple. A few mouse clicks, some pressing of buttons.

I agree that the consequences, if any, are not. But those consequences are left to conjecture. I don't think Iran or Russia will act in response, as they too would contemplate the "consequences" (admittedly, conjecture) of their actions.

Diplomatic channels have already been proven fruitless. Ergo, the gas attacks.

Inaction, at this point, would prove far more deleterious than action. Jackson. :D

Putin would love to kick our ass. Obama has been busy weakening our armed forces since he took office. Our enemies are just looking for an excuse to test our resolve. Obama used most of our stockpile of bombs in Libya and we're basically broke, so all we can afford is a very limited strike.

There are unseen consequences to always being broke.

Last edited:
It's not just Libya that is in collapse and chaos --- Iraq is, too. Daily they have coordinated mass bombings that kill 50 and up. Apparently it's just Sunnis slaughtering Shiites --- today the news says gunmen lined up 19 members of a Shiite family, children and all, and killed every one of them.

Arabs are mostly doing all this on their own, but we unquestionably make it worse.

I can't say that I would hold Obama to blame for the lawlessness of Libya, that credit just has to go to the Muslim savages that live there. If Muslims aren't suppressed by an authoritative dicatorship, they will just run wild.

Quite frankly, I really don't give a shit, let them blow each other up. Less for us to deal with in the end.

It's not just Libya that is in collapse and chaos --- Iraq is, too. Daily they have coordinated mass bombings that kill 50 and up. Apparently it's just Sunnis slaughtering Shiites --- today the news says gunmen lined up 19 members of a Shiite family, children and all, and killed every one of them.

Arabs are mostly doing all this on their own, but we unquestionably make it worse.

This wouldn't be happening if Obama had done the right thing and seen this through instead of simply bailing.

Course if we had just sat back and allowed Saddam to build his stockpiles of WMDs he would have eventually used them again on someone or provided them to terrorists. It's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Obama likes the attacking part but he doesn't like cleaning up the mess afterwards. He just leaves and all Hell breaks loose once we're out of the picture. Thousands are murdered in his wake and yet he's still playing golf.

Obama cannot show a clear threat to our national security in Syria, and he didn't show one in Libya. Now the place is in a worse mess than ever under Qadaffi. Bush at least established a threat before going into Iraq.

Is this Obama's goal, cutting off oil supplies in the Middle East? Because he's doing that.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm

Forum List

Back