Libs are so anti Business

Educate yourself, deary..

You can start with the rise of the Merchant class in Europe. You know, the guys sick of being in service to Royalty?

Go from there.

I am already educated, honey. Difference is mine was based on reality. I feel sorry for you. Really, I do. Clearly, your teachers let you down.

Yeah, I know... a Master's in Rush and a Doctorate in Beck is what you call "education"... but for most of the country... that's not reality.

Actually, A Master's from Oxford. I so win on education.

Liberals might be anti-business, but over the last 75 years, the economy has done better under liberal leadership than conservative leadership

I am already educated, honey. Difference is mine was based on reality. I feel sorry for you. Really, I do. Clearly, your teachers let you down.

Yeah, I know... a Master's in Rush and a Doctorate in Beck is what you call "education"... but for most of the country... that's not reality.

Oh... I've learned over the years that people can say anything on the internet. Just because I choose to be truthful, doesn't mean others do.

But let's say for a second that it's true... then you should know that you can't have a supply side, consumer driven economy without properly employed people... I am talking about not only people having jobs... but have good enough paying jobs that it takes them beyond merely surviving... that they actually have disposable income to spend on the products and services that business provides.

If you can't see that.... then You are either a liar about your education, or an educated idiot.

Then why are libs trying to kill Capitalism??

Deary?

Do you understand what Capitalism is?

I mean really is?

Once you have a very small group of wealthy people...it's no longer Capitalism.

And I bet you don't have a clue why...

Because you don't understand what Capitalism is.
So your saying small business owners who make 250K a year is rich.. You do know that 250K is net worth and does not include what he pays his employees or his overhead.. Do you also know Small business owners employee 70 percent of the employees in America?

You see that in my post..where? Exactly?

Bold it for me.

Oh... I've learned over the years that people can say anything on the internet. Just because I choose to be truthful, doesn't mean others do.

But let's say for a second that it's true... then you should know that you can't have a supply side, consumer driven economy without properly employed people... I am talking about not only people having jobs... but have good enough paying jobs that it takes them beyond merely surviving... that they actually have disposable income to spend on the products and services that business provides.

If you can't see that.... then You are either a liar about your education, or an educated idiot.

I honestly don't give a rat's ass what you believe. You made a baseless allegation, to which I responded honestly. Whether you choose to believe that response is not my concern. I cannot think for you any more than you can decide what I know. See how that works? I am only responsible for my own honesty, not yours or what your opinion is of my response. I have nothing to prove to you - or anyone else.

I write about economics constantly. I work with some well known economists regularly, I understand the issues around economics quite well. But I do not claim to be an expert. I know what I know, and - more importantly - I know what I do not know. A known unknown, if you like. People try to make economics simple and it is not. There are hugely influential factors with economics. Having said that, I don't disagree with you about employment.... we might disagree on how we achieve that aim though.

not only that Sallow... but $250k/year in INCOME is not the same as $250k in net worth.

Hell, if I liquidated everything I own and paid off my debts, and added my wife and I's Income for the year, it MIGHT come to $250k.... That is the definition of NET WORTH.

This is how lack of knowledge and propaganda affect people.

I honestly don't give a rat's ass what you believe. You made a baseless allegation, to which I responded honestly. Whether you choose to believe that response is not my concern. I cannot think for you any more than you can decide what I know. See how that works? I am only responsible for my own honesty, not yours or what your opinion is of my response. I have nothing to prove to you - or anyone else.

I write about economics constantly. I work with some well known economists regularly, I understand the issues around economics quite well. But I do not claim to be an expert. I know what I know, and - more importantly - I know what I do not know. A known unknown, if you like. People try to make economics simple and it is not. There are hugely influential factors with economics. Having said that, I don't disagree with you about employment.... we might disagree on how we achieve that aim though.

Well look around you darlin'. The whole ideology of "maximizing profits" at all costs is what got us here. The noble(notice that I would like to believe), but failed policy of Supply Side Economics has ruined our country. The banking sector is fucking the country for their own gain, the supposed "Free Market" is nothing of the sort. It's a rigged market where the most powerful thrive and the rest struggle. Too much power in too few hands is exactly what got us here, and all I see from the folks on the right is to not only continue this practice, but to double down.

I see this as the wrong path.

Liberals aren't "anti-business". Capitalism is a liberal idea. It was started by Liberals.

What liberals don't really find much use for is Aristocracy, Plutocracy and Corporatism.

Those are things Conservatives love.

Capitalism is a liberal idea? Really? Started by liberals? Really?

There are some things that people state here that are SO moronic that they don't even have to be refuted. You just read them on the page and start to laugh. Please tell me you didn't pay good money somewhere for what someone told you was education. I mean seriously...after seeing your posts here? You've got such a case for a "failure to deliver" lawsuit against every one of your teachers it isn't funny. I'm talking slam dunk, dude...slam freakin' dunk!!!

Last edited:

Well look around you darlin'. The whole ideology of "maximizing profits" at all costs is what got us here. The noble(notice that I would like to believe), but failed policy of Supply Side Economics has ruined our country. The banking sector is fucking the country for their own gain, the supposed "Free Market" is nothing of the sort. It's a rigged market where the most powerful thrive and the rest struggle. Too much power in too few hands is exactly what got us here, and all I see from the folks on the right is to not only continue this practice, but to double down.

I see this as the wrong path.

Well, gee, honey, I have looked around me. I've done more than look, I've studied it (mainly because I have to write about it) and I've worked with economists who are studying it.

I totally agree about the banking sector. But... if we are going to have an honest discussion - we have to look at ALL the factors - and not cherry pick those that suit our political agenda.

If, you do that - then, yes, the banking sector holds a huge responsibility.... So does the Government (and I mean both sides - not Democrats or Republicans but all of them) - and, frankly, so do the American people.

It might be politically expedient to hold the bankers to account. But if we do not honestly acknowledge - and hold to account - our politicians.... and ourselves.... then we all lose. I suspect we will all lose because the alternative takes more courage than I think both ordinary democrats and ordinary republicans are capable of.

Libs are so anti Business

How fucking intellectually retarded does one have to be to think the above passes for something worthy of our consideration?

Go read a book.

Oh... I agree about the politicians... but they are kind between a rock and a hard place. They need money to run their campaigns... these monies come with strings attached. As soon as the election is over, they come calling in their chips... no matter who it was... Corps, Banking, Unions, etc... Before they even take their oath of office, they are beholden to powerful people and entities.

this is a tougher nut to crack. Personally, I believe in Publicly funded elections. But I am willing to have part of my tax dollars going to support candidates that I don't believe in. Some people aren't willing to do that. But I guarantee this... with a cap on campaign spending(all parties are equally represented), that will take the money out of politics and Politicians will have to stand on the issues and won't be able to afford the slimy half truthful and sometimes libelous Ads you see on TV. It will be more about talking to people, having proper debates and standing on principles to get elected, and they will be unfettered by debts to contributors when they are in office.

They will be working for the AMERICAN PEOPLE... all of us. As it should be.

ignore swallow. he is too much of a dimwit to knwo the difference between the european political spectrum and the american one. carry on.

Deary?

I mean really is?

So your saying small business owners who make 250K a year is rich.. You do know that 250K is net worth and does not include what he pays his employees or his overhead.. Do you also know Small business owners employee 70 percent of the employees in America?

That is not "net worth." Net worth is equity less liabilities. The income tax rate is not applied to net worth. Nor is it applied to revenues, which is what you are trying to say.

Liberals aren't "anti-business". Capitalism is a liberal idea. It was started by Liberals.

What liberals don't really find much use for is Aristocracy, Plutocracy and Corporatism.

My bad I laughed, because it was funny. Ridiculously funny.

Deary?

I mean really is?

That is not "net worth." Net worth is equity less liabilities. The income tax rate is not applied to net worth. Nor is it applied to revenues, which is what you are trying to say.

It's nice that you are trying to educate people..

Simple concepts are beyond some.

And yet..nothing to dispute it.

We've got a very dangerous situation in this country. A very small obsencely rich group of people..and a larger group of people who are getting fleeced by them.

The trick is..you guys don't see it as a problem. :clap2:

Deary?

I mean really is?

And there's no better tax situation to be in then to be a small business owner.

It's nice that you are trying to educate people..

Simple concepts are beyond some.

Not to point out the obvious...but you are a perfect example of that.

And yet..nothing to dispute it.

We've got a very dangerous situation in this country. A very small obsencely rich group of people..and a larger group of people who are getting fleeced by them.

The trick is..you guys don't see it as a problem. :clap2:

What's really amusing about this concept of yours is that if you took ALL of the money of those "obscenely rich group of people" it still wouldn't pay for the unfunded entitlements that we've obligated ourselves to. So who's really fleecing America? Wealthy people who are trying to hold onto the money that they themselves earned...or politicians who recklessly spend money that they stole from someone else?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back