Libermans party tells him to resign

• Banned
I guess the people who got him elected didnt know his stance?

• Banned
Can you show me any quote by Liberman saying he supported attacking Iran which is dated before this election?

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=6647788&nav=3YeX

Libermans party which was created for him to win the last election has asked for him resignation from the party.

They have realised he is not there to represent them

Uh-huh. Let me see if I have this straight...A long time, outspoken critic of Joseph Lieberman takes control of the Connecticut for Lieberman Party, then asks him to resign.

This begs the question, why, if Orman is such a critic of Lieberman, did he want to take control ot the Connecticut for Lieberman Party? And should he be taken seriously? He obviously does not support Lieberman and has not for quite some time so his call for Joe's resignation is really no surprise. He probably would have found some other interview and some other topic to justify this request if the Face the Nation interview had not happened.

• Banned
How did Dr Orman get to the head of this party?

do you think spock just materialised him there?

How did Dr Orman get to the head of this party?

do you think spock just materialised him there?

Well, since the article makes no mention of the means by which the good doctor took the reigns, we can only speculate as to how he got there. For instance, one could speculate that the core group that originally formed the party fell upon hard times, the result of which could have been a need for an influx of money. Along comes an anonymous donor with an ulterior motive, after a couple of donations to keep the group afloat, in steps Dr. Orman (his name even strikes a sinister note, doesn't it?) who demands that he be made head of CLP or else!

LOL. I have no idea how Orman got to the top of the CLP heap. I would like to know though, especially if he is such an ardent detractor as the article seems to imply. I mean, how many other politicians could the Connecticut for Lieberman Party support?

Your thread has piqued my curiosity about Dr. John Orman, so I started doing a little research. So far I have discovered that he was the Democratic candidate for U.S. House of Representatives in the 4th C.D. in Connecticut in 1984, in 2000 Dr. Orman challenged Joe Lieberman for running for two different national offices at the same time, in 2005 Orman challenged Joe Lieberman for the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate before dropping out of the race.

In 2006 Orman challenged the legality of the fake political party called Connecticut for Lieberman. He lost his challenge but later took over the "fake" party to turn it into a party to hold Lieberman accountable.

http://tinyurl.com/33yy37

here is the history of the party and then maybe you will understand why people in the Dem party no longer like Liberman.

Obsidian Wings was one of the links I chose not to click, LOL. They do explain how Orman became the head of the CFLP, "Orman’s response was to trot down to his local registrar’s office to try to switch his party affiliation from Democrat to Connecticut for Lieberman, which is something no one else has done.

Although that switch isn’t official yet, Orman waggishly proceeded to convene a one-man party organizational meeting and elected himself 'hairman.'"

Oh I know why the lost their taste for him, he's not the Democrat he once was. I have often wondered if one of the reasons for that might be the threats faced by Israel and an innate belief that Israel must be unquestionably be defended and supported by the U.S.

He was a democrat, he left the party because he lost an election(the dems wanted someone else).

He then started a shadow party to run in.

This guy realised it was a shadow party and made it a real party by switching to it.

Liberman left the people who had elected him in the years he was a senator.

These are the facts.

Sorry tm, you are what you post:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fallacy

fal·la·cy /ˈfæləsi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fal-uh-see] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -cies.
1. a deceptive, misleading, or false notion, belief, etc.: That the world is flat was at one time a popular fallacy.
2. a misleading or unsound argument.
3. deceptive, misleading, or false nature; erroneousness.
4. Logic. any of various types of erroneous reasoning that render arguments logically unsound.
5. Obsolete. deception.

He was a democrat, he left the party because he lost an election(the dems wanted someone else).

He then started a shadow party to run in.

This guy realised it was a shadow party and made it a real party by switching to it.

Liberman left the people who had elected him in the years he was a senator.

These are the facts.

can you tell me what part of this is fallacy?

Well the facts are his 'shadow' party beat the 'democratic party.'

I don't trust Lieberman because it is clear he is an arrogant jackass and an opportunist who enjoys the power and prestige of being a U.S. Senator and he doesn't want to lose that and I for one hope he is expelled from the U.S. Senate or forced to resign. Lieberman and others like him are the reason we need term limits or rotation of terms.

I don't trust Lieberman because it is clear he is an arrogant jackass and an opportunist who enjoys the power and prestige of being a U.S. Senator and he doesn't want to lose that and I for one hope he is expelled from the U.S. Senate or forced to resign. Lieberman and others like him are the reason we need term limits or rotation of terms.

Well there is a well reasoned position. Not.

You do realise that Rush and Hannity(along with many other on the right)endorsed him and GOP people held fundraisers for him right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back