LIBERALS, You were there with me under Bush where have you gone now?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Seriously where have all the liberal minded american's dissapeared to?

I remember when bush was president you guys were right there with me complaining about the patriot act, bush's atrocious spending without paying for it, and the general lack of responsibility to the people the administration projected.

Things haven't changed under obama, the government is still doing the same crap you guys were protesting and complaining about with me when bush was president.

Where are you all now?

Why are you silent?

Why do you refuse to speak out anymore?

I complained about starting a war with Iraq (I supported Afghanistan)
I complained about the US engaging in torture
I complained about the horrific response to Katrina
I complained about the collapsed economy
I complained about the reduction in environmental protections

No...its not the same

I remember when bush was president you guys were right there with me complaining about the patriot act, bush's atrocious spending without paying for it, and the general lack of responsibility to the people the administration projected.

Things haven't changed under obama, the government is still doing the same crap you guys were protesting and complaining about with me when bush was president.

Where are you all now?

Why are you silent?

What are you talking about? Plenty of Liberals including myself are unhappy about those things the Obama Administration is doing. I, myself, have a good list of things I disagree with this Administration on.

Where are you all now?

Why are you silent?

What are you talking about? Plenty of Liberals including myself are unhappy about those things the Obama Administration is doing. I, myself, have a good list of things I disagree with this Administration on.

Then stand up and speak out with those of us who feel the same instead of taking every possible opportunity to denegrate and dismiss our concerns when we bring them up.

Last edited:
I have already answered this, I disagreed with Afghanistan and much more, but the differences are great as well. Obama is not progressive nor liberal enough for me, but he does represent small change in the right direction.

Then stand up and speak out with those of us who feel the same instead of taking every possible opportunity to denegrate and dismiss our concerns when we bring them up.

Who's we? Sorry Pilgrim, if you are referring to the tea party movement then I can not simply stand up and speak up with them. They are a movement that wasn't around during the Bush Administration, and has a majority of people who have no problem with the Bush Administration as 57% of the people in a recent poll have a favorable view of Bush.

Until they prove themselves that they are not just a arm of the GOP, I will not even give them credit on the basis of being a legitimate movement that wants real change instead of just a turn to the far right.

As for Obama, I supported candidate Obama more than President Obama because candidate Obama was more of a actual Liberal. President Obama is left leaning on his best days.

Where are you all now?

Why are you silent?

Spending to save lives is better than spending to kill.

USA PATRIOT Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first act reauthorized all but two of the provisions of Title II that would have expired. Two sections were changed to sunset on December 31, 2009: section 206 — the roving wiretap provision — and section 215, which allowed access to business records under FISA. Section 215 was amended further regardless so as to give greater judicial oversight and review. Such orders were also restricted to be authorized by only the FBI Director, the FBI Deputy Director, or the Executive Assistant Director for National Security, and minimization procedures were specified to limit the dissemination and collection of such information. Section 215 also had a "gag" provision, which was changed to allow the defendant to contact their Attorney.[169] However, the change also meant that the defendant was also made to tell the FBI who they were disclosing the order to — this requirement was removed by the USA PATRIOT Act Additional Reauthorizing Amendments Act.[170]

The patriot act we now have it not the same law as the one under Bush.

How many times do you have to be told this?

Last edited:

Where are you all now?

Why are you silent?

Dissent is the highest for of Patri ....SHUT THE FUCK UP OBAMA IS PRESIDENT NOW!

No...its not the same

Ummm.. technically.... there was not a war with either, it is military action authorized by congress and ordered by the President... and the 'war' with Iraq was started in the very early 90's, and was still in effect with the terms of cease-fire being violated... W did not 'start' the 'war'

There is no US ordered torture, just because YOU want something deemed as torture... and individual actions of torture are taken care of thru the legal system available

You complained about the horrible way the local governments handled the evacuation?? Great..

Many people complained about W's poor spending and economic policies... and did you complain when people such as Barney Frank were taking actions leading to the floundering economy??

Show a reduction in environmental standards issued by the government please...

And yes... it is the 'same' or hypocrisy how many Obamabots and left wingers will indeed stop their objections with Obama in charge, even though the practices they chanted against in their Bush Derangement Syndrome have remained under Obama

Where are you all now?

Why are you silent?

Wealth redistribution spending and unconstitutional spending is wrong no matter what it is used for...

And it is indeed 'right' and proper to fund our military needs, endeavors, and wars

Where are you all now?

Why are you silent?

Dissent is the highest for of Patri ....SHUT THE FUCK UP OBAMA IS PRESIDENT NOW!

That about sums it up.

Where are you all now?

Why are you silent?

St Barry will blow sunshine out of ass and all will be unicorns and rainbows again, you will see!

The guy has only been president for a little over a year. I gave Bush a good two and a half years to try to govern and I plan on giving Obama the same.

Obama took over the country while it was in the toilet and I think he's making an honest effort to get it out of the toilet.

I hope he succeeds.

Wealth redistribution spending and unconstitutional spending is wrong no matter what it is used for...

And it is indeed 'right' and proper to fund our military needs, endeavors, and wars

Wealth redistribution is the highest calling of any government. Any government which doesn't hold it among it's greatest responsibilities is a danger to the general welfare and should be dissolved.

Wealth redistribution is the highest calling of any government. Any government which doesn't hold it among it's greatest responsibilities is a danger to the general welfare and should be dissolved.

No.. equal treatment by government and the protection of the nation as a whole is the highest calling of government....

wealth redistribution is inherently against equal treatment

Fuck any of you entitlement junkies and Robin Hood dreamers

No...its not the same

my sentiments exactly

Forum List

Back