Liberals, what should your guy/gal do to encourage lower gas prices?

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
Just curious now that gas prices have skyrocketed. How do they lower them for working Americans?

There is nothing a liberal can do the make the capitalist start up the gasoline refineries they shut down during the pandemic..

It is a capitalist issue not a government issue.

So it is time to give Capitalists free reign? Drill off shore and build pipelines? Government keep out. It’s a Capitalist issue.
You can drill all yous like buy the refinery capacity determine prices due to output and supply.

Drliing all we like forces foreign countries to increase output.
Kinda hard to get an industry to work for what you want they are always doing what they want for some reason.

Just curious now that gas prices have skyrocketed. How do they lower them for working Americans?
Not a damn thing.
Democrats prefer to let the markets work.
Unlike the GOP who demands a government solution for everything.

Not a damn thing.
Democrats prefer to let the markets work.
Unlike the GOP who demands a government solution for everything.

If Democrats truly believed that, they would not be mandating arbitrary minimum wages or sticking egregious taxes, regulatory, and legal parameters on free enterprise.

No but it can be greatly influenced and altered by it.

The last president dropped some sanctions against Iran allowing waivers for 8 countries to buy from them.

Strong relations with the Saudis.

Lifting restrictions on some American based refineries.

Loosing the grip on fracking and natural gas production also eases up on gasoline prices.

I mean Obama was under heavy fire for causing problems that led to high gas prices so obviously this statement of yours isn't true, and more of a "because it sounds good to me" kind of thing.

Even the first sentence of the link quotes Obama as saying he will raise energy prices.

Basically. Thread closed.

See above.

The last president dropped some sanctions against Iran allowing waivers for 8 countries to buy from them.

Loosing the grip on fracking and natural gas production also eases up on gasoline prices.

I mean Obama was under heavy fire for causing problems that led to high gas prices so obviously this statement of yours isn't true, and more of a "because it sounds good to me" kind of thing.

Even the first sentence of the link quotes Obama as saying he will raise energy prices.

See above.
Again the issue is a capitalist one not a governmental one.

So it is time to give Capitalists free reign? Drill off shore and build pipelines? Government keep out. It’s a Capitalist issue.
You can drill all yous like buy the refinery capacity determine prices due to output and supply.

Drliing all we like forces foreign countries to increase output.

On the contrary.. OPEC and Brent have to make a profit too. If you drive prices down the US producers get hurt first. The oil business is a busines.. not altruism.

See above.

US oil and gas production increased BECAUSE the PPB was high.

Forum List

Back