Liberals upset about a tax hike on bicycles in Oregon

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
The new tax will be $15 on a bike costing $200. Not much, certainly way less than other taxes imposed on us. I guess the liberals in the state think taxes are for other people but they don't appreciate having their pockets picked.

"Liberals are often guilty of pushing for ideas and legislation that they haven’t thought through.
For example, they are constantly talking about raising the minimum wage despite the fact it doesn’t do anything to poverty whenever they try it. In fact, it usually screws over the very workers they claim they are trying to help.

It’s been a disaster in Seattle and a disaster in San Francisco. But yet, they keep plugging away.
It appears a similar situation has unfolded in the liberal bastion of Oregon."

"How do you think the people who live in liberal areas feel when they are gouged by the government everytime they want to drink a soda, drive down a road, register their car or have a cigarette?
I wonder how many Bernie voters are upset about this tax? That’s a pretty hilarious situation.
It’s fun when the taxes are hurting people you don’t care about but not when they affect you.
Lesson learned? Doubt it."

Oregon's Liberal Governor Raising Taxes On Bicycles, It's Already Backfiring BIG TIME

First statewide bicycle tax in nation leaves bike-crazy Oregon riders deflated

Liberals love all those taxes on people they consider conservative or wealthy (anyone with a job), but when they freak out over a tax that mainly affects them, the meltdowns are music to my ears. :lol:

The new tax will be $15 on a bike costing $200. Not much, certainly way less than other taxes imposed on us. I guess the liberals in the state think taxes are for other people but they don't appreciate having their pockets picked.

"Liberals are often guilty of pushing for ideas and legislation that they haven’t thought through.
For example, they are constantly talking about raising the minimum wage despite the fact it doesn’t do anything to poverty whenever they try it. In fact, it usually screws over the very workers they claim they are trying to help.

It’s been a disaster in Seattle and a disaster in San Francisco. But yet, they keep plugging away.

"How do you think the people who live in liberal areas feel when they are gouged by the government everytime they want to drink a soda, drive down a road, register their car or have a cigarette?
I wonder how many Bernie voters are upset about this tax? That’s a pretty hilarious situation.
It’s fun when the taxes are hurting people you don’t care about but not when they affect you.

Oregon's Liberal Governor Raising Taxes On Bicycles, It's Already Backfiring BIG TIME

Liberals love frivolous taxes... fact

Oregon people are stranger than most having done a huge install job for Hewlett-Packard in Corvallis. Oregon people are paranoid and you can't pump your own car gas in Oregon. I love hazelnuts and the Willamette River Valley grows the best hazelnuts.

Forum List

Back