"Liberals" hate Christians

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I've notice that whenever someone or some group wants to stand outside of a mosque and criticize Islam with slogans like "Islam stinks" that there is always a bunch of 'liberals' show up to counter them. The 'liberals' defend islam vigorously but the minute someone shows up in front of a christian church or Jewish temple and criticizes it there is not one single 'liberal' there countering the protest. It just makes me think that liberals cherish the right of people islam to practice their religion but not for others.

I've notice that whenever someone or some group wants to stand outside of a mosque and criticize Islam with slogans like "Islam stinks" that there is always a bunch of 'liberals' show up to counter them. The 'liberals' defend islam vigorously but the minute someone shows up in front of a christian church or Jewish temple and criticizes it there is not one single 'liberal' there countering the protest. It just makes me think that liberals cherish the right of people islam to practice their religion but not for others.

boohoo. Which church do you show up in front of?

A. We want to keep the majority religion in check. If Muslims don't have freedom neither do us atheists.

B. We let you picket abortion clinics and soldiers funerals and gays

C. Different scenarios. You are wrong picketing mosques. But we picket you for doing things like block stem cell.

D. We don't see Muslims being the big problem yet. Right now its you guys. You are the bigger threat. You are our old rival. Relax, we hate Islam too actually. In some ways more

Anti-Godists (which come in left, center, and right) hate Christianity and all other religions.

"Liberals" hate far right evangelicalism, not Christianity.

90% of America really despises far right evangelicalism.

Anti-Godists (which come in left, center, and right) hate Christianity and all other religions.

I was thinking the same thing. There are lots of liberal Christians out there

I think there's a difference between criticizing the doctrines of a religion (often being the members of that church who are doing it) and spreading hate against people merely because we are at war with people who believe a corrupted version of their faith.

Point is, when Nazis shows up and rip on Jews, Liberals are the first ones showing up to counter them.

Liberal Christians keep Jesus out of anything taxpayer-funded yet quote Him and Scripture regularly when they want more taxpayers' money.

Who is showing up in front of Christian churches or Jewish temples and for what reason? The purpose behind a protest does matter.

Liberal Christians keep Jesus out of anything taxpayer-funded yet quote Him and Scripture regularly when they want more taxpayers' money.
When they want more taxes going to poor people yes. Jesus said feed the poor and cure the sick.

I am a Christian liberal. I'm appalled at anyone who shows up at any place of worship to picket. This country was founded on freedom of religion.

Most "liberals" in america are christian.
Probably half. The other half is non-Christian, unchurched, spirituals, agnostics, atheists, and anti-Godists.

Over 70% of the US are self identified Christians. Only 22% of the country identifies as religiously unaffiliated with 3% of them being athiest, 4% being agnostic and the rest "nothing in particular".

I am a Christian liberal. I'm appalled at anyone who shows up at any place of worship to picket. This country was founded on freedom of religion.
Try explaining that to the far right lunatics wanting to keep muslims away.

Forum List

Back