Liberals, do NOT track your menstrual cycles using an app!

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I just thought I'd post this before it disappears. Some prankster managed to hack into the NPR website and post a Babylon Bee type parody article.

In the wake of the Supreme Court's decision Friday to overturn Roe v. Wade, privacy experts are increasingly concerned about how data collected from period-tracking apps, among other applications, could potentially be used to penalize anyone seeking or considering an abortion.

Millions of people use apps to help track their menstrual cycles. Flo, which bills itself as the most popular period and cycle tracking app, has amassed 43 million active users. Another app, Clue, claims 12 million monthly active users.

The personal health data stored in these apps is among the most intimate types of information a person can share. And it can also be telling. The apps can show when their period stops and starts and when a pregnancy stops and starts.

Democrats hope abortion will jolt young voters to action in the midterms

That has privacy experts on edge because this data — whether subpoenaed or sold to a third party — could be used to suggest that someone has had or is considering an abortion.

"We're very concerned in a lot of advocacy spaces about what happens when private corporations or the government can gain access to deeply sensitive data about people's lives and activities," says Lydia X. Z. Brown, a policy counsel with the Privacy and Data Project at the Center for Democracy and Technology. "Especially when that data could put people in vulnerable and marginalized communities at risk for actual harm."

You can tell that it is parody because of the stereotypical screaming liberal woman in the picture, and the name "Lydia X. Z. Brown." Also, the idea that "people in vulnerable and marginalized communities" are using phone apps, when we know they are too busy with food insecurity to think about that.

I just thought I'd post this before it disappears. Some prankster managed to hack into the NPR website and post a Babylon Bee type parody article.

In the wake of the Supreme Court's decision Friday to overturn Roe v. Wade, privacy experts are increasingly concerned about how data collected from period-tracking apps, among other applications, could potentially be used to penalize anyone seeking or considering an abortion.

Millions of people use apps to help track their menstrual cycles. Flo, which bills itself as the most popular period and cycle tracking app, has amassed 43 million active users. Another app, Clue, claims 12 million monthly active users.

The personal health data stored in these apps is among the most intimate types of information a person can share. And it can also be telling. The apps can show when their period stops and starts and when a pregnancy stops and starts.

That has privacy experts on edge because this data — whether subpoenaed or sold to a third party — could be used to suggest that someone has had or is considering an abortion.

"We're very concerned in a lot of advocacy spaces about what happens when private corporations or the government can gain access to deeply sensitive data about people's lives and activities," says Lydia X. Z. Brown, a policy counsel with the Privacy and Data Project at the Center for Democracy and Technology. "Especially when that data could put people in vulnerable and marginalized communities at risk for actual harm."

You can tell that it is parody because of the stereotypical screaming liberal woman in the picture, and the name "Lydia X. Z. Brown." Also, the idea that "people in vulnerable and marginalized communities" are using phone apps, when we know they are too busy with food insecurity to think about that.
I heard or read something about this on one of the aggregator sites I skim daily. I thought "Oh, Jeez", women being stupid enough to share their periods on an app, in the first place, have no regard for privacy and moved on without another thought to more interesting news. I didn't get far enough in to pick up somebody was post a parody piece. Maybe I missed some fun on the internet. Go figure.:D

You know about the lore that women's periods can "synchronize" if they spend too much time together. Well what happens if they are SHARING the chart with EVERY women. Dont even want to think about the possible consequences.

Love the Babylon Bee.

You know about the lore that women's periods can "synchronize" if they spend too much time together. Well what happens if they are SHARING the chart with EVERY women. Dont even want to think about the possible consequences.

Love the Babylon Bee.

It's not lore, it's fact.

Try working in an office with about 50 women all having PMS at the same time. Now that's some scary shit right there :eek:

Love the Babylon Bee.
My God, the Earth would become unlivable.

What about liberal 'dudes'.... who's watching out for their rights?

netflix 5.jpg

Forum List

Back