Liberals And Learning: Oil And Water

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
What a huge error to allow Liberals to control the public education system.....education is not in their plan.
The decline began when Liberals took control of the schools.

That's when government schools....the public education system.....became no more than indoctrination or re-education systems.
Fact.
Standardized testing, and international competitions, prove that they certainly aren't teaching.....

Another fact....a strong argument can be made that the quality of education provided varies inversely with the taxpayer money ladled into the system.

When, exactly, did the public decide that, rather than reading, writing, and 'rithmetic, producing little Progressive automatons was what was required?

When they shut their eyes to the damage Liberal control of their children's education wrought.

1. In chapter 6: The Liberal Priesthood: Spare the Rod, Spoil the Teacher, Coulter takes on teacher indoctrination, pay, qualifications, and crime. She cites Jay Bennish, the high school teacher caught on tape comparing Bush to Hitler and saying the U.S. is the “single most violent nation on planet Earth,” as evidence. She also lists a number of schools busy banning Christian faith references, while forcing students to participate in activities of other faiths.
"Godless" by Coulter

a. "A Tennessee student reportedly got kicked out of class for saying "Bless you," when another student sneezed. The term apparently violated the list of forbidden expressions a teacher had written on a blackboard, according to the Dyersburg State Gazette..... Turner and her pastor believe the issue was religion.“She said that we’re not going to have godly speaking in her class," Turner told WMC-TV. Her reply to the teacher that there's a constitutional right to freedom of religion and freedom of speech was unsuccessful."There were several students that were talking about this particular faculty member there that was very demeaning to them in regard to their faith,” said Becky Winegardner, Turner's pastor at Dyersburg First Assembly of God.Student suspended for saying Bless you

3. "PUBLIC SCHOOLS’ PRAISE SONG: NEXT STEP PRAYING TO OBAMA?....it is beginning to spread like wildfire amongst the public school indoctrinators formerly known as “teachers.“ ... his adoring adherents--has just about reached the most monumental proportion of all time. And Dictator-in-Chief Obama may have finally reached the apex of his desires; that of replacing God with himself. Recently, at New Jersey’s B. Bernice Youngs Elementary School, not only were second grade students forced to sing a song of praise to Obama (the parents were not notified that this was occurring) but, Obama’s name was substituted for that of Jesus in the accompanying words and music."
http://www.conservativecrusader.com/articles/public-schools-praise-song-next-step-praying-to-obama

a. "MSNBC’s Norah O’Donnell on Thursday appeared mystified as to why anyone would have a problem with New Jersey school children being led in a song praising Barack Obama.
MSNBC s Norah O Donnell Aggressively Defends Video of Kids Singing to Obama

4. And this nails what has happened to education since Liberals assumed control:

a. Teaching Math In 1950′s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit ?

b. Teaching Math In 1960′s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100 His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

c. Teaching Math In 1970′s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

d. Teaching Math In 1980′s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

e. Teaching Math In 1990′s
A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it’s ok. )

Funny thin is, I've raised kids for 30 years and I have yet to see much difference in what is taught, just that the timetable was moved up a year or two. When I was in 8th grade(1975) We had to learn Algebra.. My first son had to learn it in 7th(1992)..Today my 12 year old son is in 6th grade and learning Algebra..
Miss Coulter needs to get away from her glass house and try living like the majority of Americans do...if she wants to write anything that actually resembles what really goes on in the US, and not the occasional bumps humans have...that gets exploited for political points..

Funny thin is, I've raised kids for 30 years and I have yet to see much difference in what is taught, just that the timetable was moved up a year or two. When I was in 8th grade(1975) We had to learn Algebra.. My first son had to learn it in 7th(1992)..Today my 12 year old son is in 6th grade and learning Algebra..
Miss Coulter needs to get away from her glass house and try living like the majority of Americans do...if she wants to write anything that actually resembles what really goes on in the US, and not the occasional bumps humans have...that gets exploited for political points..

Republican fear mongering....that is what she lives off of

Not all public schools are unionized....nor is every teacher a liberal...As per usual, the same fallacies of prior cut-n-paste hack jobs...I blame Ann more than her slave Polivinylchic, Ann is getting fame and cash for her motions...

I wonder why the schools that get more tax dollars do worse in terms of results.....

Couldn't be because those are impoverished residents who have a fuck ton of despair in their lives and their children often turn to crime, ignorance and apathy.

N'aw, it's got to be the actual stuff they're teaching! Yea, that's it! Genius points!

/derp bubble

Miss Coulter needs to get away from her glass house and try living like the majority of Americans do...if she wants to write anything that actually resembles what really goes on in g the US and not the occasional bumps humans have...

"...30 years and I have yet to see much difference in what is taught,..."

That's just out and out false.

I have several math teachers, friends,who complain that it is quite the contrary.
In NY we have regents exams....and there is no way today's student could pass the exams given 30 years ago.

"In short, many areas of American life have changed for the better during the past two decades-except, it appears, the K-12 education system. Data from various sources-the SAT, the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), and international comparisons such as the Third International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS)-all reveal the same trend: despite 20 years of agitation and reform, much of it sparked by the Risk report, student achievement has at best stagnated, if not declined."
Ticket to Nowhere - Education Next Education Next

What have we learned?
That you should pick up your pants and stop talking through your hat.

We have learned that poor kids don't want to learn.

That's about it.

It's not an indictment on the school system, it's an indictment on the parents and a sociological/psychological peek into monetary stress and depression.

That's about it.

It's not an indictment on the school system, it's an indictment on the parents and a sociological/psychological peek into monetary stress and depression.

On the contrary.....the evidence presented by each and every one of your posts is that you have never shown any learning, in even its most rudimentary forms.

In short, if everyone was like you, the wheel would yet to be invented.

Where did you find "poor kids" referenced?

Miss Coulter needs to get away from her glass house and try living like the majority of Americans do...if she wants to write anything that actually resembles what really goes on in g the US and not the occasional bumps humans have...

I have several math teachers, friends,who complain that it is quite the contrary.
In NY we have regents exams....and there is no way today's student could pass the exams given 30 years ago.

"In short, many areas of American life have changed for the better during the past two decades-except, it appears, the K-12 education system. Data from various sources-the SAT, the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), and international comparisons such as the Third International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS)-all reveal the same trend: despite 20 years of agitation and reform, much of it sparked by the Risk report, student achievement has at best stagnated, if not declined."

What have we learned?

I have not seen the test and since with age you loose much of what is taught in the classrooms of our youth, but I can only speak for the areas I have lived and the demands I make of my children , in learning while I pay for their living...for free...My kids have their freedoms tied to making good grades and their learning ability..
Many parents do not make the same demands..My kids make straight A's or else...no fun time..

The rest of the nation..all I can say is make your kids learn....the schools can't force feed info and expect anyone to learn if they don't have a reason to compel them...
I am sure there are bad teachers, there are bad people in all occupations and they get removed. Those teachers in unions need to have that policy rescinded, or have the terms specifically described..

I don't blame just the teachers but mostly parents and students, since this is not a new phenomena in societies that have been super powers in the world...Now see how I did that without a partisan attack on people and observing the root of the problem?

That's about it.

On the contrary.....the evidence presented by each and every one of your posts is that you have never shown any learning, in even its most rudimentary forms.

Do you think schools with the most tax payer funds are due to them being in ritzier areas, idiot?

Your posts and theses are all consistent, in that they all show a real remedial ability to learn on your part.

In conclusion, the irony of the OP is not just a reference to the periodic table.

What have we learned?

I have not seen the test and since with age you loose much of what is taught in the classrooms of our youth, but I can only speak for the areas I have lived and the demands I make of my children , in learning while I pay for their living...for free...My kids have their freedoms tied to making good grades and their learning ability..
Many parents do not make the same demands..My kids make straight A's or else...no fun time..

The rest of the nation..all I can say is make your kids learn....the schools can't force feed info and expect anyone to learn if they don't have a reason to compel them...
I am sure there are bad teachers, there are bad people in all occupations and they get removed. Those teachers in unions need to have that policy rescinded, or have the terms specifically described..

I don't blame just the teachers but mostly parents and students, since this is not a new phenomena in societies that have been super powers in the world...Now see how I did that without a partisan attack on people and observing the root of the problem?

1. I don't care to discuss your children.

2. The plural of anecdote is not 'data.'

3. "there are bad people in all occupations and they get removed. Those teachers in unions need to have that policy rescinded, or have the terms specifically described.."
While I will address particular teachers in this thread.....the essential point it that Liberals control what is taught and how it is taught, with the result that learning is largely absent.

I believe that most teachers want their students to learn.
The ideologically driven need be driven out of the system.

Stay tuned.

That's about it.

Do you think schools with the most tax payer funds are due to them being in ritzier areas, idiot?

Your posts and theses are all consistent, in that they all show a real remedial ability to learn on your part.

In conclusion, the irony of the OP is not just a reference to the periodic table.

Put aside your condition and focus like a laser: Where did you find "poor kids" referenced?

What have we learned?

The underlying beef here is that nutjobs need to see a very partisan tilt to the knowledge they're presented or else it's a conspiracy to brainwash all of the gullible folks out there JUST not as smart or as witty as they are.

Problem is, they're usually the ones with the warped/fucked-mind view of the world and usually need therapeutic intervention. Take the Autistic OP, for instance.

That's about it.

Put aside your condition and focus like a laser: Where did you find "poor kids" referenced?

It's so easy even

well, no, you apparently couldn't figure it out.

"the quality of education provided varies inversely with the taxpayer money ladled into the system."

The answer lies within knowing which schools receive the most taxpayer dollars you retard.

What have we learned?

1. I don't care to discuss your children.

2. The plural of anecdote is not 'data.'

3. "there are bad people in all occupations and they get removed. Those teachers in unions need to have that policy rescinded, or have the terms specifically described.."
While I will address particular teachers in this thread.....the essential point it that Liberals control what is taught and how it is taught, with the result that learning is largely absent.

I believe that most teachers want their students to learn.
The ideologically driven need be driven out of the system.

Stay tuned.

Even those that have a religious ideological agenda?

What have we learned?

The underlying beef here is that nutjobs need to see a very partisan tilt to the knowledge they're presented or else it's a conspiracy to brainwash all of the gullible folks out there JUST not as smart or as witty as they are.

Problem is, they're usually the ones with the warped/fucked-mind view of the world and usually need therapeutic intervention. Take the Autistic OP, for instance.

I know exactly what they are and why they do what they do. It's because they lost power and all of the US doesn't have that subjugated look to it. Where everything was peaches and cream and if it wasn't for you they had ways of making you disappear. Especially you unwed pregnant girls..
But Polichic takes the cake, she evidently has no man from her ideological set, since she would be gated at the mouth and her activities by that strong conservative far right wing reactionary old man...

Forum List

Back