Liberal vs Conservative; good vs evil

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Racism in politics isn't about mere hated of minorities be they ethnic, religious, or something else. It's about power. Conservative power. Since most ethnic minorities vote democrat, the more minorities there are, the less political power conservative politicians will keep control of as they get voted out of office.

Watching these forums and threads all the racist ones are from conservatives. Or at least, I've yet to see one from a liberal or democract. I don't believe all conservatives are racist. But the fact remains that while not all Muslims are extremists, and not all extremists are terrorists, if the only Muslims we ever hear from are the terrorist variety then in a way all Muslims are terrorists. Just as in the same way, all conservatives are racists.

But it gets worse. Conservative/Republican strategy to win elections can never win stating their racist views so they do the next best (worse) thing: They try to bribe their way in by promising to lower taxes (which is really just putting more money into the hands of the voters which is what a bribe is.) Democrats don't try to buy your vote and usually (or so goes the conventional thinking) raise your taxes.

This election is about good and evil as it so often is. Can vote for the racist party of bribers, or the party of those who actually follow the laws of G-d rather than ignoring them except when politically convenient.

G-d commands us to be charitable. Democrats wanna raise taxes to better provide for the weakest and poorest among us. (Deuteronomy 15:7-10) Republicans wanna cut such funding since they believe everyone should earn their own daily bread regardless.

G-d commands us not to take a bribe. (Exodus 23:8) Voting in any part because of the promise of lower taxes is accepting a bribe. And if accepting a bribe is bad, so too is offering one.

G-d commands us to love each other and our neighbors (Leviticus 19:18) Democrats aren't the ones against illegal immigration to the extent Republicans are because we remember we were all illegal in the beginning. Republicans seem to think white people originated here in North America.

1512699_257014617788840_1929591985_n.jpg

Not even close to being as clear-cut as all that and I am one of the most liberal people here. The world is full of grey areas and ambiguity.

Also zealots, paranoids, and conservatives deal in absolutes and generalities. Don't be one of those.

Racism in politics isn't about mere hated of minorities be they ethnic, religious, or something else. It's about power. Conservative power. Since most ethnic minorities vote democrat, the more minorities there are, the less political power conservative politicians will keep control of as they get voted out of office.

Watching these forums and threads all the racist ones are from conservatives. Or at least, I've yet to see one from a liberal or democract. I don't believe all conservatives are racist. But the fact remains that while not all Muslims are extremists, and not all extremists are terrorists, if the only Muslims we ever hear from are the terrorist variety then in a way all Muslims are terrorists. Just as in the same way, all conservatives are racists.

But it gets worse. Conservative/Republican strategy to win elections can never win stating their racist views so they do the next best (worse) thing: They try to bribe their way in by promising to lower taxes (which is really just putting more money into the hands of the voters which is what a bribe is.) Democrats don't try to buy your vote and usually (or so goes the conventional thinking) raise your taxes.

This election is about good and evil as it so often is. Can vote for the racist party of bribers, or the party of those who actually follow the laws of G-d rather than ignoring them except when politically convenient.

G-d commands us to be charitable. Democrats wanna raise taxes to better provide for the weakest and poorest among us. (Deuteronomy 15:7-10) Republicans wanna cut such funding since they believe everyone should earn their own daily bread regardless.

G-d commands us not to take a bribe. (Exodus 23:8) Voting in any part because of the promise of lower taxes is accepting a bribe. And if accepting a bribe is bad, so too is offering one.

G-d commands us to love each other and our neighbors (Leviticus 19:18) Democrats aren't the ones against illegal immigration to the extent Republicans are because we remember we were all illegal in the beginning. Republicans seem to think white people originated here in North America.

you can say God here....no one is going to hurt you....

Someone msg me if anyone replies with more than bumpersticker length quips.

"If people cannot write well, they cannot think well, and if they cannot think well, others will do their thinking for them." - George Orwell

Last edited:

"If people cannot write well, they cannot think well, and if they cannot think well, others will do their thinking for them." - George Orwell
I like the Einstein quote...

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
The problem with many conservatives, is they only want to be around people just like them. Which makes them mentally incapable of being anywhere near a public office. Just being around "your kind", promotes the "my way, or highway" mentality. And in politics, it's all about "diplomacy" and "compromise". No one gets everything they want. But you're not going to see that hanging around your own ilk.

Many conservatives are like the guy who moves into a house with 3 other guys with no girlfriends, then wonders why he can't get a date?

But the one thing conservatives do that liberals don't, is network their "message." Conservatives are so effective at communication infrastructure, that it doesn't matter who liberals vote for, we still get right-wing, agenda driven governments. This is one area liberals need to learn from conservatives. How to get your "message" out 24/7, through all forms of media (TV, radio, internet, print, etc.)?

Last edited:

Too bad the 1st amendment prohibits Congress from enacting God's will.
/discussion

Oh fuck me, another dumb ass poster who thinks he has a moral higher ground, that all "conservatives" hate the environment, are religious, want wars and are racists. Sounds like the OP holds some strong bigoted feeling from the looks of it.

Open your eyes.

The OP is kind of a lengthy ad hominen attack/strawman argument that is basically worthless. There are all kinds of bigotry. In my experience, bigotry is not confined to any one group based on any variable (i.e. color, religion, political belief, etc.).

Bigotry exists in the human heart. In some more than others. I think political ideology has very little to do with it.

Oh fuck me, another dumb ass poster who thinks he has a moral higher ground, that all "conservatives" hate the environment, are religious, want wars and are racists. Sounds like the OP holds some strong bigoted feeling from the looks of it.

He generously puts himself with the "good guys." I am sure everyone who disagrees with him is a "bad guy." There is some heavy weight intellectual thought in this thread.

The rise of the conservative and the neo-liberal libertarian is an interesting development in American political and cultural history. It took off after the New Deal but only in the background for many years even decades. A fascinating book on the topic is quoted below.

"The rise of conservative politics in postwar America is one of the great puzzles of American political history. For much of the period that followed the end of World War II, conservative ideas about the primacy of the free market, and the dangers of too-powerful labor unions, government regulation, and an activist, interventionist state seemed to have been thoroughly rejected by most intellectual and political elites. Scholars and politicians alike dismissed those who adhered to such faiths as a "radical right," for whom to quote the Columbia University historian Richard Hofstadter politics "becomes an arena into which the wildest fancies are projected, the most paranoid suspicions, the most absurd superstitions, the most bizarre apocalyptic fantasies." How, then, did such ideas move from their marginal position in the middle years of the twentieth century to become the reigning politics of the country by the century's end?" Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

The blending of religion and so called free market capitalism is another aspect of this change. Religion today is not about people and community, it is about isolated single issues and fundamentalism mixed with a victim blame ingredient. The fact there are no jobs isn't mentioned, instead the unemployed is responsible for a situation much more complicated than any care to acknowledge.

"Yet, more recently, as William Connolly and others have demonstrated, Christian religion and capitalist economics have again been fused tightly in the extreme conservative movement that has captured the Republican Party. This, I believe, is the main reason that so much of their economic reasoning appears irrational and in direct violation of mainstream economics. It disregards almost all available evidence regarding the efficacy of their specific, or more appropriately, often unspecific, economic policy proposals." The Contemporary Condition: The Church of Capitalism: Why Right-Wing Economics is Once Again not Rational

Add to this the power of money in America and you have today. What are there, something like ten thousand lobbyists in Washington, add campaign finance, add corporate union destruction and the shift of manufacturing and you have a permanent underclass. Money talks in America, actually money controls the nation today and lots of it comes from some pretty ideologically driven people who values are not about the nation.

"It was 1993, during congressional debate over the North American Free Trade Agreement. I was having lunch with a staffer for one of the rare Republican congressmen who opposed the policy of so-called free trade. To this day, I remember something my colleague said: “The rich elites of this country have far more in common with their counterparts in London, Paris, and Tokyo than with their fellow American citizens.” That was only the beginning of the period when the realities of outsourced manufacturing, financialization of the economy, and growing income disparity started to seep into the public consciousness, so at the time it seemed like a striking and novel statement." Mike Lofgren Revolt of the Rich | The American Conservative

"Television and radio, though, had a homogenizing effect on the right, and the tension between class (with a high tone) and ideology (rabble rousing) worked itself out, with the millionaires learning how to sound angry and enjoy it, and the grassroots getting trained to accept anger as a substitute for policy results. The populist New Right and Buchananite right lost their manpower to Roger Ailes, while the elite right gave up the fight for realism and broadmindedness." Daniel McCarthy
How Conservatism Lost Its Mind | The American Conservative

A bit short and cynical but.... http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/50872-use-this-handy-parable-to-understand-politics.html

Understanding the conservative: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/219584-the-american-conservative-continuing-series.html See links in post too.

My constant question to conservatives: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/226033-dear-liberals-i-want-a-divorce-27.html#post5366011

this piece starts with an observation that is changing as the gop fights the gop: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...es-of-midcans-insights-into-contemporary.html

And still more:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...states-if-conservatives-left.html#post7276058
http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...ates-if-conservatives-left-2.html#post7279256

"But you say you are conservative - eminently conservative - while we are revolutionary, destructive, or something of the sort. What is conservatism? Is it not adherence to the old and tried, against the new and untried? We stick to, contend for, the identical old policy on the point in controversy which was adopted by "our fathers who framed the Government under which we live;" while you with one accord reject, and scout, and spit upon that old policy, and insist upon substituting something new. True, you disagree among yourselves as to what that substitute shall be. You are divided on new propositions and plans, but you are unanimous in rejecting and denouncing the old policy of the fathers. Some of you are for reviving the foreign slave trade; some for a Congressional Slave-Code for the Territories; some for Congress forbidding the Territories to prohibit Slavery within their limits; some for maintaining Slavery in the Territories through the judiciary; some for the "gur-reat pur-rinciple" that "if one man would enslave another, no third man should object," fantastically called "Popular Sovereignty;" but never a man among you is in favor of federal prohibition of slavery in federal territories, according to the practice of "our fathers who framed the Government under which we live." Not one of all your various plans can show a precedent or an advocate in the century within which our Government originated. Consider, then, whether your claim of conservatism for yourselves, and your charge or destructiveness against us, are based on the most clear and stable foundations." Abraham Lincoln
http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/speeches/cooper.htm

Last edited:

I like the Einstein quote...

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
The problem with many conservatives, is they only want to be around people just like them. Which makes them mentally incapable of being anywhere near a public office. Just being around "your kind", promotes the "my way, or highway" mentality. And in politics, it's all about "diplomacy" and "compromise". No one gets everything they want. But you're not going to see that hanging around your own ilk.

Many conservatives are like the guy who moves into a house with 3 other guys with no girlfriends, then wonders why he can't get a date?

But the one thing conservatives do that liberals don't, is network their "message." Conservatives are so effective at communication infrastructure, that it doesn't matter who liberals vote for, we still get right-wing, agenda driven governments. This is one area liberals need to learn from conservatives. How to get your "message" out 24/7, through all forms of media (TV, radio, internet, print, etc.)?

The problem with many conservatives, is they only want to be around people just like them

mostly the Far Right ones.....but Far Lefties are no different....

you mean evil stalinist greedy and envious leftard progressivist vs law abiding citizen?

yeah, that is a real dilemma :lol:

don't kid yourself.

your ignorant blabber is anything BUT thinking.

In order to THINK one has to leave the plantation of leftard progressivist idiocy first.
which you are still in the midst of.

Forum List

Back