Liberal Vermont to fight new gun legistlation

williepete

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
Vermont is one of my favorite states. Liberal as all get out, but they are realistic about their Second Amendment rights. This will be an interesting debate to watch. The governor has already taken sides early.

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — One of the most liberal states in the country also is one of the most passionate about defending the right to bear arms, a fact that is coming to the fore following proposed legislation to expand background checks and add other gun regulations.

--------------------------

Why the Second Amendment fervor in a state that Election Day exit polls conducted for The Associated Press and other media have found to be among the most liberal?

"I think it's a result of years and years of Vermonters respecting guns as a tool to manage wildlife and to put food on the table," Shumlin said in an interview. "That's what motivates us to own a gun. It's not necessarily what motivates someone who lives in Manhattan to own a gun."

IN LIBERAL, GUN-LOVING VERMONT, NEW RESTRICTIONS FACE FIGHT

In liberal gun-loving Vermont new restrictions face fight - Tulsa World Ap

Many would be astounded to know how loose the gun laws are in Vermont. (Offhand, I recall that anyone 21+ can carry-open or concealed-without a permit.)

Forum List

Back