Liberal Racism and the Myth of the Southern Strategy

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The myth is that the GOP came up with a "Southern Strategy" based upon hate and racism back in the 1960's

A total load of shit, from the viewpoint of those who were there back during the heyday of the LBJ Regime. Civil Rights leaders recognized libs as racist, as in this February 1968 oration in Oakland by legendary Civil Rights Icon H. Rap Brown.

"The only difference between George Wallace and Lyndon Johnson is one of them's wife's got cancer."

This , BTW, was long after the Great Society Scam was passed, the Civil Rights and Voting Rights were passed, and Johnson put the token Thurgood Marshall of the Supreme Court.

I can tell you that no Southerner had ever voted for a Republican on a statewide margin like they did until 1964. Today it is Republican voters that fly the confederate flag and Republicans who complain when old statues of people who took up arms against the US are taken down. You say one thing yet the facts prove otherwise...

Last edited:
The myth is that the GOP came up with a "Southern Strategy" based upon hate and racism back in the 1960's

A total load of shit, from the viewpoint of those who were there back during the heyday of the LBJ Regime. Civil Rights leaders recognized libs as racist, as in this February 1968 oration in Oakland by legendary Civil Rights Icon H. Rap Brown.

"The only difference between George Wallace and Lyndon Johnson is one of them's wife's got cancer."

This , BTW, was long after the Great Society Scam was passed, the Civil Rights and Voting Rights were passed, and Johnson put the token Thurgood Marshall of the Supreme Court.

....and then we have the GOP chairman actually admitting to the Southern Strategy.

""Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Mehlman's apology to the NAACP at the group's convention in Milwaukee marked the first time a top Republican Party leader has denounced the so-called Southern Strategy employed by Richard Nixon and other Republicans to peel away white voters in what was then the heavily Democratic South."

....and then we have the GOP chairman actually admitting to the Southern Strategy.

""Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Mehlman's apology to the NAACP at the group's convention in Milwaukee marked the first time a top Republican Party leader has denounced the so-called Southern Strategy employed by Richard Nixon and other Republicans to peel away white voters in what was then the heavily Democratic South."

Mr. Mehlman was born in 1966, and would have been only 2 when Civil Rights Leader Rap Brown spoke.

I'd rather go with the word of those who were actually there

Mr. Mehlman was born in 1966, and would have been only 2 when Civil Rights Leader Rap Brown spoke.

I'd rather go with the word of those who were actually there

I'd rather go with the facts as admitted by the GOP on 2 different occasions I might add.

Reagan was a racist motherfucker.

Racists can also do good things, but they are still fucking racists.

Forum List

Back