Liberal Judges Increase Crime

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. The legal community, largely if not entirely, Liberal/Progressive, played a major role in wreaking havoc in the black community. Starting in the sixties, ordinary people, black and white, watched in stupefaction as liberal social reformers came in and jettisoned thousands of years of human knowledge to rewrite criminal laws and government welfare policies. Liberals living in monochromatically white suburbs or doorman buildings in the city said “Let’s try these new ideas that sound really cool, like school busing and deemphasizing prison!”

a. “In the 2008 election cycle, the industry [lawyers] contributed a massive $234 million to federal political candidates and interests , 76 percent of which went to Democratic candidates and committees.” Lawyers / Law Firms | OpenSecrets

b. “Trial lawyers are holding steady as one of the Democratic Party's biggest sources of campaign contributions,…”
Trial Lawyers Sticking With Democratic Party

2. Thomas Sowell, in “The Vision of the Anointed,” explained that the old view was to put criminals in prison; the new view, held by, for example, Lyndon Johnson’s attorney-general Ramsey Clark, Supreme Court Justice William Brennan, DC circuit judge David Bazelon, was to avoid sending criminals to prison and instead spend all our resources focusing on the “root causes” of crime.

a. In the words of Judge Bazelon, “poverty is the root cause of crime.” Thomas Sowell, “The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy,” p. 158.

3. The basic idea that liberal judges and politicians were pushing was that society should be nice to criminals, so they would re-pay us with law-abiding behavior. Ramsey Clark: " The theory of rehabilitation is based on the belief that healthy, rational people will not injure others, that they will understand that the individual and his society are best served by conduct that does not inflict injury, that a just society has the ability to provide health and purpose and opportunity for all its citizens. Rehabilitated, an individual will not have the capacity - cannot bring himself - to injure another or take or destroy property. "

a. Of course, if that were true, he wouldn’t have committed crimes in the first place.

b. Despite being insane, the reformers won out. The test of public policy vs. human nature began!

c. Need empirical evidence? Crime rates skyrocketed. By 1974, the murder rate was over twice that of 1961. Between 1960 and 1976, a citizen’s chances of becoming a victim of a major violent crime tripled.
Sowell, Op.Cit., p.27.

4. The smart set turned American cities into petri dishes for crime and degenerate behavior sans punishment. Thousands died, were raped, disfigured in criminal acts made possible by the Warren Court, the ACLU, liberal professors and activists, and lawyers.
Coulter, "Mugged."

a. When a former NYC police commissioner objected to lenient Supreme Court rulings, during a 1965 judicial conference, he was “immediately met with ridicule by a law professor who asked, ‘I wonder what rights we’d have left if we always yielded to the police hysteria.”
Sowell, Op. Cit., p.26.

b.“I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.” Wm. F. Buckley

When Liberal policies are preeminent in jurisprudence.....the effect on the nation is chaos.

Johnny Lewis, actor on Sons of Anarchy, had a long arrest record of assault and drug charges. He was released by a judge on an early release program as a low level offender. He murdered his elderly landlady and jumped off a roof to his death. But he was a low level drug offender.

1. The legal community, largely if not entirely, Liberal/Progressive, played a major role in wreaking havoc in the black community. Starting in the sixties, ordinary people, black and white, watched in stupefaction as liberal social reformers came in and jettisoned thousands of years of human knowledge to rewrite criminal laws and government welfare policies. Liberals living in monochromatically white suburbs or doorman buildings in the city said “Let’s try these new ideas that sound really cool, like school busing and deemphasizing prison!”

a. “In the 2008 election cycle, the industry [lawyers] contributed a massive $234 million to federal political candidates and interests , 76 percent of which went to Democratic candidates and committees.” Lawyers / Law Firms | OpenSecrets

b. “Trial lawyers are holding steady as one of the Democratic Party's biggest sources of campaign contributions,…”

2. Thomas Sowell, in “The Vision of the Anointed,” explained that the old view was to put criminals in prison; the new view, held by, for example, Lyndon Johnson’s attorney-general Ramsey Clark, Supreme Court Justice William Brennan, DC circuit judge David Bazelon, was to avoid sending criminals to prison and instead spend all our resources focusing on the “root causes” of crime.

a. In the words of Judge Bazelon, “poverty is the root cause of crime.” Thomas Sowell, “The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy,” p. 158.

3. The basic idea that liberal judges and politicians were pushing was that society should be nice to criminals, so they would re-pay us with law-abiding behavior. Ramsey Clark: " The theory of rehabilitation is based on the belief that healthy, rational people will not injure others, that they will understand that the individual and his society are best served by conduct that does not inflict injury, that a just society has the ability to provide health and purpose and opportunity for all its citizens. Rehabilitated, an individual will not have the capacity - cannot bring himself - to injure another or take or destroy property. "

a. Of course, if that were true, he wouldn’t have committed crimes in the first place.

b. Despite being insane, the reformers won out. The test of public policy vs. human nature began!

c. Need empirical evidence? Crime rates skyrocketed. By 1974, the murder rate was over twice that of 1961. Between 1960 and 1976, a citizen’s chances of becoming a victim of a major violent crime tripled.
Sowell, Op.Cit., p.27.

4. The smart set turned American cities into petri dishes for crime and degenerate behavior sans punishment. Thousands died, were raped, disfigured in criminal acts made possible by the Warren Court, the ACLU, liberal professors and activists, and lawyers.
Coulter, "Mugged."

a. When a former NYC police commissioner objected to lenient Supreme Court rulings, during a 1965 judicial conference, he was “immediately met with ridicule by a law professor who asked, ‘I wonder what rights we’d have left if we always yielded to the police hysteria.”
Sowell, Op. Cit., p.26.

b.“I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.” Wm. F. Buckley

When Liberal policies are preeminent in jurisprudence.....the effect on the nation is chaos.

Two points and then come commentary.

1. Did you ever take a college level course in composition? If so, did you pass?

2, What solutions do you offer to solve crime in America? You play a great Negative Nelly, yet seem to never have a thought of your own.

I know, you'll deny it and use one of the hackneyed responses to my final comments and that's fine, I can't expect you to ever engage in introspective thought as busy as you are with your self righteous indignation of anyone who holds opinion which differ than your own, so I'll just post it: You're a bigot, worse you are a racist and you are filled by hate. I pity you.

Last edited:

Sowell, Op.Cit., p.27.

Coulter, "Mugged."

Sowell, Op. Cit., p.26.

1. Did you ever take a college level course in composition? If so, did you pass?

2, What solutions do you offer to solve crime in America? You play a great Negative Nelly, yet seem to never have a thought of your own.

I know, you'll deny it and use one of the hackneyed responses to my final comments and that's fine, I can't expect you to ever engage in introspective thought as busy as you are with your self righteous indignation of anyone who holds opinion which differ than your own, so I'll just post it: You're are a bigot, worse you are a racist and you are filled by hate. I pity you.

"...you'll deny it..."

Why deny any of it....?

...it's the bloviation of a moron.

But keep on begging to be engaged.

Sowell, Op.Cit., p.27.

Coulter, "Mugged."

Sowell, Op. Cit., p.26.

I know, you'll deny it and use one of the hackneyed responses to my final comments and that's fine, I can't expect you to ever engage in introspective thought as busy as you are with your self righteous indignation of anyone who holds opinion which differ than your own, so I'll just post it: You're are a bigot, worse you are a racist and you are filled by hate. I pity you.

"...you'll deny it..."

Why deny any of it....?

A hackneyed non response, as expected.

"...you'll deny it..."

Why deny any of it....?

A hackneyed non response, as expected.

OMG....look who hurried back, tail wagging, and with his tongue hanging out!

I have no interest in the stupidity of one with no knowledge, and proud as heck to share that with everyone.

Here....catch the stick.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/world/americas/23iht-23prison.12253738.html?pagewanted=all

The United States has less than 5 percent of the world's population. But it has almost a quarter of the world's prisoners.

Indeed, the United States leads the world in producing prisoners, a reflection of a relatively recent and now entirely distinctive American approach to crime and punishment. Americans are locked up for crimes — from writing bad checks to using drugs — that would rarely produce prison sentences in other countries. And in particular they are kept incarcerated far longer than prisoners in other nations.

Criminologists and legal scholars in other industrialized nations say they are mystified and appalled by the number and length of American prison sentences.

The United States has, for instance, 2.3 million criminals behind bars, more than any other nation, according to data maintained by the International Center for Prison Studies at King's College London

We lead the world in percentage of our population in prison, yet our crime rate is still higher than countries with a much smaller prison population

Last edited:
Despite the recent decline in the murder rate in the United States, it is still about four times that of many nations in Western Europe.

Our incarceration rate does not seem to be working

We have a far greater proportion of the population that feels they have a right to commit crimes. Assault, beating people up for no reason, killing people for fun and posting it on You Tube are crimes committed in greater proportion in American than it is in other countries. We no longer teach the Constitution, or civics. People are allowed to make up their own "rights" so they do. They have a right to happiness and if it makes a group of kids happy to break into a home and beat up the person living there, it's their right. If they want a pizza, it's their right, and they can kill the delivery guy instead of paying for it.

We waste too much on incarcerating non-violent criminals. Our drug laws have not worked and our prison population continues to grow

States have no money for schools but always find the money to build a new prison

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/world/americas/23iht-23prison.12253738.html?pagewanted=all

The United States has less than 5 percent of the world's population. But it has almost a quarter of the world's prisoners.

Indeed, the United States leads the world in producing prisoners, a reflection of a relatively recent and now entirely distinctive American approach to crime and punishment. Americans are locked up for crimes — from writing bad checks to using drugs — that would rarely produce prison sentences in other countries. And in particular they are kept incarcerated far longer than prisoners in other nations.

Criminologists and legal scholars in other industrialized nations say they are mystified and appalled by the number and length of American prison sentences.

The United States has, for instance, 2.3 million criminals behind bars, more than any other nation, according to data maintained by the International Center for Prison Studies at King's College London

We lead the world in percentage of our population in prison, yet our crime rate is still higher than countries with a much smaller prison population

"The United States has less than 5 percent of the world's population. But it has almost a quarter of the world's prisoners."

So?

Has it escaped you that the number of prisoners is a function of the number of crimes.

The implication of Liberal-logic (an oxymoron?) is that vans scours neighborhoods and scoop up folks and deliver 'em to prisons.

We waste too much on incarcerating non-violent criminals. Our drug laws have not worked and our prison population continues to grow

States have no money for schools but always find the money to build a new prison

Look at how that worked with Johnny Lewis! He was a low level drug offender, he just killed someone. At least he got the death penalty and administered it himself.

The person in prison for a non-violent crime likely has a long, LONG history of violent crime. They just aren't in prison this time for a violent crime.

After all, Al Capone wasn't in prison for a violent crime. He was convicted of a non-violent crime, income tax evasion. Shouldn't he really never have been put in prison at all?

Last edited:

"The United States has less than 5 percent of the world's population. But it has almost a quarter of the world's prisoners."

So?

Has it escaped you that the number of prisoners is a function of the number of crimes.

The implication of Liberal-logic (an oxymoron?) is that vans scours neighborhoods and scoop up folks and deliver 'em to prisons.

It is obvious that your so called "liberal" incarceration policies are locking up more people for longer terms than anywhere on earth

Our "tough" drug laws are not working to reduce our drug use rates

In a brutal economic climate, we have the money to pay to lock up non-violent offenders but not to pay for schools, infrastructure or healthcare

Shows our nations priorities

So?

It is obvious that your so called "liberal" incarceration policies are locking up more people for longer terms than anywhere on earth

In a brutal economic climate, we have the money to pay to lock up non-violent offenders but not to pay for schools, infrastructure or healthcare

This post follows the same pattern as the debate, when Obama tried to take credit for the increase in oil drilling....

...and soon-to-be President Romney slapped him with the truth: he gets no credit because the drilling was on private land, as Obama has stymied drilling on public.

I loved it.

Now, you try to take credit for putting more criminals where they belong, '"liberal" incarceration policies' when the truth is that the nation was incensed at the the Liberal policies that tripled the crime rate in the nation.

Try a little honesty.

So?

This post follows the same pattern as the debate, when Obama tried to take credit for the increase in oil drilling....

...and soon-to-be President Romney slapped him with the truth: he gets no credit because the drilling was on private land, as Obama has stymied drilling on public.

I loved it.

Now, you try to take credit for putting more criminals where they belong, '"liberal" incarceration policies' when the truth is that the nation was incensed at the the Liberal policies that tripled the crime rate in the nation.

Try a little honesty.

Your premise that America needs more people in prison is ridiculous

Go back to school

I loved it.

Try a little honesty.

Go back to school

Of course, I'll accept your analysis for what it's worth.

Now, Judeo-Christian society labels actions as ‘good’ or ‘evil,’ due to morality and/or self-control, the Left sees the results as due to material inequality, i.e., violent crime due to poverty.
So...their jaundiced view is that one's condition rather than character produces crime.

Which brings me to Jack Abbot.

1. In 1965, aged 21, Abbott was serving a sentence for forgery in a Utah prison when he stabbed another inmate to death'

2. In 1977, Liberal Norman Mailer agreed to let Abbott write a book about prison...and helped get "In the Belly of the Beast," published: a book on life in the prison system consisting of Abbott's letters to Mailer.

3. Mailer supported Abbott's attempts to gain parole, and Abbott was released on parole in June 1981.
Because of his writing ability and based on a Liberal's misguided view of how human being function. Liberals are so very smart. The rest of us are so lucky to have them around. They are able to see immediately how misinformed thousands of years of human experience have been....

4. Well...not all of us are lucky. Take 22-year-old Richard Adan. Eternally 22-years-old.
He was working as a waiter in a small restaurant in Manhattan...when he had to tell Jack Abbott, Liberal Norman Mailer's pet project, that the bathroom was for employees only.

5. Adan, a budding actor and playwright, told him that the restroom was for staff use only. Abbott stabbed Adan in the chest, killing him.
Jack Abbott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I relate this to emphasize the OP.

I loved it.

Try a little honesty.

Go back to school

Now, Judeo-Christian society labels actions as ‘good’ or ‘evil,’ due to morality and/or self-control, the Left sees the results as due to material inequality, i.e., violent crime due to poverty.
So...their jaundiced view is that one's condition rather than character produces crime.

1. In 1965, aged 21, Abbott was serving a sentence for forgery in a Utah prison when he stabbed another inmate to death'

2. In 1977, Liberal Norman Mailer agreed to let Abbott write a book about prison...and helped get "In the Belly of the Beast," published: a book on life in the prison system consisting of Abbott's letters to Mailer.

3. Mailer supported Abbott's attempts to gain parole, and Abbott was released on parole in June 1981.
Because of his writing ability and based on a Liberal's misguided view of how human being function. Liberals are so very smart. The rest of us are so lucky to have them around. They are able to see immediately how misinformed thousands of years of human experience have been....

4. Well...not all of us are lucky. Take 22-year-old Richard Adan. Eternally 22-years-old.
He was working as a waiter in a small restaurant in Manhattan...when he had to tell Jack Abbott, Liberal Norman Mailer's pet project, that the bathroom was for employees only.

5. Adan, a budding actor and playwright, told him that the restroom was for staff use only. Abbott stabbed Adan in the chest, killing him.

I see...

So we make judgements on our nations penal system based on one case that happened before you were born

Shows the benefits of a Columbia education

Go back to school

I see...

So we make judgements on our nations penal system based on one case that happened before you were born

Now, you know very well that I can relate more than one.

And not only deal with criminal without coddling....but have Liberal folks stop lying about 'life without parole is as good as the death penalty.'

No it isn't.

No matter how heinous....they regularly get out.

Here's another from before my time: the Bobby Franks thrill killing by Leopold and Loeb.....

They wanted to see how it felt to kill....

Life without parole?

"Early in 1958, after 33 years in prison, Leopold was released on parole...Leopold moved to Puerto Rico to avoid media attention and married a widowed florist."
Leopold and Loeb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just purchased a book on Thomas Trantino..."sentenced to life in prison for the execution style shooting deaths in 1963 of two police officers in Lodi, New Jersey. He was sentenced to death by electrocution, which was commuted to life in prison..."
Thomas Trantino - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yup...released February 11, 2001.

Let me know if you want me to keep you posted when I finish the book.

I see...

Now, you know very well that I can relate more than one.

And not only deal with criminal without coddling....but have Liberal folks stop lying about 'life without parole is as good as the death penalty.'

No it isn't.

No matter how heinous....they regularly get out.

Here's another from before my time: the Bobby Franks thrill killing by Leopold and Loeb.....

They wanted to see how it felt to kill....

Life without parole?

"Early in 1958, after 33 years in prison, Leopold was released on parole...Leopold moved to Puerto Rico to avoid media attention and married a widowed florist."
Leopold and Loeb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just purchased a book on Thomas Trantino..."sentenced to life in prison for the execution style shooting deaths in 1963 of two police officers in Lodi, New Jersey. He was sentenced to death by electrocution, which was commuted to life in prison..."
Thomas Trantino - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yup...released February 11, 2001.

Let me know if you want me to keep you posted when I finish the book.

Leopold and Loeb now?

How about the Gunfight at the OK Corral?

Forum List

Back