Liberal Jeff Bezos' Amazon suspends Entertainment Chief, Roy Price, over sexual harassment

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Amazon Suspends Entertainment Chief Roy Price (EXCLUSIVE)

Amazon has suspended top entertainment executive Roy Price. Albert Cheng COO of Amazon Studios, has been named interim head of the division.

Roy Price is on leave of absence effective immediately,” an Amazon spokesperson told Variety Thursday. “We are reviewing our options for our projects we have with the Weinstein Company.”

The Amazon Studios president’s departure comes amid renewed sexual harassment allegations and multiple signs that Amazon and others in the industry had withdrawn their support from the embattled executive. Insiders have speculated for months about Price’s possible departure from his role as head of Amazon’s original-video arm. Multiple agents and producers who spoke to Variety in recent weeks speculated that such a departure may come soon.

That speculation has driven by concerns over possible sexual harassment and a dramatic shift in Amazon’s approach to original programming — one that was mandated by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, and which rejects the strategy employed for years by Price.

On Thursday, reports resurfaced of an alleged harassment incident involving Price and Isa Hackett, an executive producer on Amazon original series “The Man in the High Castle” and the daughter of science-fiction author Philip K. Dick. According to reports, Price allegedly made a lewd joke to Hackett playing off the title of the Amazon series “I Love Dick,” pressured Hackett for sex, and made crude reference to anal intercourse.

Lisa Bloom, who had been representing Price as an attorney since the alleged harassment was reported on in August, dropped Price as a client on Thursday, with a representative for Bloom telling Variety, “Lisa’s representation of Roy Price has concluded.” Bloom similarly dropped Weinstein as a client earlier this week as multiple women began to speak out claiming that Weinstein had harassed or raped them.

One of Weinstein’s accusers, actress Rose McGowan, tweeted at Bezos Thursday, writing that a top-level Amazon Studios executive had rejected her claims that Weinstein had raped her. “I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said it. He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was the proof,” McGowan wrote. She added that the executive had then killed a project she was developing at the studio. Amazon is developing two series with the Weinstein Company...

If white privilege exists, it exists in Hollywood. If rape culture exists, it exists in Hollywood. If white supremacy exists, it exists in Hollywood.

Yet the rape culture is alive and well in the catholic sees...Did you pass those fellows by for some odd reason?

Amazon Cancels Red Carpet for Woody Allen’s ‘Wonder Wheel’ Premiere

Woody Allen’s new film “Wonder Wheel” is getting a quieter kickoff after the film’s distributor, Amazon Studios, has cancelled its Saturday night New York Film Festival red carpet. The cancellation comes in the aftermath of the announcement that another Hollywood producer, Amazon Studios president Roy Price, was suspended over allegations of sexual misconduct.

Wonder Wheel,” which stars Kate Winslet and Justin Timberlake in a 1950s period drama set on Coney Island, is the closing night film for the festival. Initial reviews of the film have acclaimed Winslet’s performance.

On Thursday, reports resurfaced of an alleged harassment incident involving Price and Isa Hackett, an executive producer on the Amazon show “The Man in the High Castle.” Price allegedly made an off-color joke to Hackett referencing the title of the Amazon series “I Love Dick” and pressured her for sex.

Actress Rose McGowan also stated over Twitter that when she told the head of Amazon Studios that Harvey Weinstein had raped her and begged him not to do business with him, Price responded by killing a deal the two had to produce one of her shows.

Price was dropped as a client by attorney Lisa Bloom, who had been representing him since the reports first emerged in August. Bloom had previously ceased representation for Harvey Weinstein following The New Yorker’s report that Weinstein’s misconduct also included three instances of rape.

Allen has been accused of molesting his then seven-year-old adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. He was never charged and has denied the allegation...

Forum List

Back