Liberal Icon Urges Obama Impeachment...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
'The most destructive, dangerous president we've ever had.'

Worse than Richard Nixon. An unprecedented abuse of powers. The most un-American president in the nation’s history.

Nat Hentoff does not think much of President Obama.

And now, the famous journalist says it is time to begin looking into impeachment.

Hentoff sees the biggest problem as Obama’s penchant to rule by executive order when he can’t convince Congress to do things his way.

The issue jumped back into the headlines last week when, just before his first Cabinet meeting of 2014, Obama said, “I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone … and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions.”

“Apparently he doesn’t give one damn about the separation of powers,” Hentoff told WND. “Never before in our history has a president done these things.”

And just to make sure everyone knew how extremely serious he regarded the situation, the journalist added, “This is the worst state, I think, the country has ever been in."

Many have regarded Hentoff as the conscience of civil libertarianism and liberalism for decades.

Recognized as one of the foremost authorities on the Bill of Rights and the Supreme Court, Hentoff was a columnist and staff writer with The Village Voice for 51 years, from 1957 until 2008, when his columns began appearing in WND.

Hentoff left the Voice after he looked into the abortion industry, was shocked by what he found and had a falling-out with colleagues.

The First Amendment expert still hews left on many issues, railing against former President George W. Bush, former Vice President Dick Cheney, the prison at Guantanamo Bay and the National Defense Authorization Act.

But he hasn’t liked Obama from the start.

“Within a few months after he was elected, I wrote a column saying he was going to be the most destructive, dangerous president we’ve ever had,” he said.

Hentoff said people he’d known for years told him to stop being so negative and to give Obama a chance...

Read more at Liberal icon urges Obama impeachment
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Insightful!

The one pundit who had Obama's measure right from the start!

".........he was going to be the most destructive, dangerous president we’ve ever had.......”

Hentoff sees the biggest problem as Obama’s penchant to rule by executive order when he can’t convince Congress to do things his way.

The issue jumped back into the headlines last week when, just before his first Cabinet meeting of 2014, Obama said, “I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone … and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions.”

“Apparently he doesn’t give one damn about the separation of powers,” Hentoff told WND. “Never before in our history has a president done these things.”

It's true. Never before has a President used these "Executive Order" thingies. Just wait until the Supreme Court finds out about these things!

Never before has a President used a telephone to drum up support for his policies, either. Obama is simply unbelievable!!! Power mad!

Last edited:
The next thing you know, the Executive branch is going to start writing regulations! I bet you a zillion trillion dollars Obama will get just that crazy. Is there nothing that can stop this maniac!?!

Insightful!

".........he was going to be the most destructive, dangerous president we’ve ever had.......”

I don't think he was the only one but he clearly was the only one from the left who was brave enough to voice his concern at the time when all the other pundits were just bent over in their slobbering awe of "messiah"

Let's get these standards which have been established since 2009 down in writing.

No Chief Executive shall ever:

1. Issue an Executive Order. If he does, the media can say he is trying to "bypass Congress" and we can impeach him.

2. Use the telephone. If he does, we should impeach him.

3. Write regulations, even if directly authorized to do so in the law. If he does, we should impeach him.

4. Make a mistake. Of any kind. Ever. He must be absolutely, infallibly, perfect. If he isn't, we should impeach him.

5. Go on vacation.

6. Hire someone who then commits a crime. If he does, it will be assumed as fact the Chief Executive ordered the crime. It just is a fact. No ifs, ands, or buts. Any investigation which fails to prove the President ordered the crime will be considered a "cover-up", and the President should be impeached.

7. Have a wife who is overweight.

There are other standards which have been established in the past five years to which we need to hold all Chief Executives, but these will do for now.

Insightful!

I don't think he was the only one but he clearly was the only one from the left who was brave enough to voice his concern at the time when all the other pundits were just bent over in their slobbering awe of "messiah"

Hey ****, look at the bottom of the original post: drudge report. Fuck off moron.

And no one cares about this "liberal" idiot....well drudge does and bottom feeders like you do.

an anencephalus leftard sock can't read more than 2 words?

I am shocked :lol:

Let's get these standards which have been established since 2009 down in writing.

1. Issue an Executive Order. If he does, the media can say he is trying to "bypass Congress" and we can impeach him.

3. Write regulations, even if directly authorized to do so in the law. If he does, we should impeach him.

4. Make a mistake. Of any kind. Ever. He must be absolutely, infallibly, perfect. If he isn't, we should impeach him.

5. Go on vacation.

6. Hire someone who then commits a crime. If he does, it will be assumed as fact the Chief Executive ordered the crime. It just is a fact. No ifs, ands, or buts. Any investigation which fails to prove the President ordered the crime will be considered a "cover-up", and the President should be impeached.

There are other standards which have been established in the past five years to which we need to hold all Chief Executives, but these will do for now.

Quite frankly, I cannot think of a single politician from any party (past, present or future) who can meet all of these standards which the loons have established since 2009.

Last edited:

Hey ****, look at the bottom of the original post: drudge report. Fuck off moron.

And no one cares about this "liberal" idiot....well drudge does and bottom feeders like you do.

****, spell check....use it before you address me. Also, sock? What are you on? Hey waste of sperm and egg.....you unfortunate placenta....only Matt Drudge and people like you care about this "liberal's" opinion. Anything else scum?

****, spell check....use it before you address me. Also, sock? What are you on? Hey waste of sperm and egg.....you unfortunate placenta....only Matt Drudge and people like you care about this "liberal's" opinion. Anything else scum?

fuck off, retard sock

I dunno if this Hentoff guy was a "liberal icon" I probably would've heard of him before...

A Briefcase stuffed with Liberal bona fides.

Yes he has earned the "Liberal Icon" accolade. I don't know, maybe at 89 yrs. old and facing looming mortality his disapproval of Obama is magnified by the urgency of time. He's certainly not the first liberal to be discomfited by the drone program or NSA over-reach, etc.. And his wouldn't be the first fine intellect to be blurred by the inevitable degradation of age.

fuck off, retard sock

Dear Cancer with legs but less social value than a cancer cell,

Pretty sure I told you to fuck off awhile ago. And what's up with this sock shit? Are you some pervert who wants to wear me? Fuck you people are pathetic here.

5. Go on vacation.

Quite frankly, I cannot think of a single politician from any party (past, present or future) who can meet all of these standards which the loons have established since 2009.

Says the loon who argues with himself, demands progressivism while denouncing conservatism and at the same time demanding conservatism while denouncing progressivism, and creates more outlandish "standards" than any buffoon on USMB... :eusa_whistle:

G - you clearly have no idea what executive orders are or what they are used for (because nobody in this planets history would defend what Obama has done with them - including the hard core liberal in this story).

That's the problem with loud mouths like you. You've never read even the opening sentence of the Constitution and yet you're all too happy to jump on a political forum and pop-off at the mouth like an irrational idiot about everything and anything. eusa_doh:

Forum List

Back