liberal David Pakman gives "detailed list" of "solutions" to gun violence, admits most of the things he listed would not have prevented Texas shooting

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
here's an idea he left out: Let’s raise taxes on bullet and gun sales to fully fund community-based violence intervention programs

here's an idea he left out: Let’s raise taxes on bullet and gun sales to fully fund community-based violence intervention programs

Yeah if they had a community based violence intervention program that would have worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Community-based violence Intervention” - what does that mean? How does that work?

If it were up to me, my idea of community based violence intervention would be to arm the entire community. Stack the odds heavily in favor of good guys with guns over bad guys with guns.

Breakdown of the family. That's it. None of these bastards had a father in their lives, which also goes for the gang-bangers in our big cities.

Also, Jorden Petersen (PhD Psychologist, noted author) points out that being ignored drives young men crazy. They would rather be hated than ignored, which is why they act out. Not sure if there are any government programs that can fix that one.

I'm still waiting on any new law that would have prevented it.

Most seem at a total loss for answers
I can give an insight. When I was hired as a building manager the 50 unit apartment building I took charge of was a mess. It took me forty years to straighten it out. And the only reason I was able to get it right was that I alone made all the decisions in that regard. If left up to the owners nothing would have changed. They had neither the desire or the knowledge needed, but thankfully got on board with what I was doing and have supported the effort.

Don't underestimate the inertia of the controlling powers, or the size and scope of the job at hand. Getting control of gun violence will take decades, if it is to be done at all and done right.

I don't wanna watch your stupid fucking video. Do you mind giving us the list?
FTkINk6WAAAiDUv

I can give an insight. When I was hired as a building manager the 50 unit apartment building I took charge of was a mess. It took me forty years to straighten it out. And the only reason I was able to get it right was that I alone made all the decisions in that regard. If left up to the owners nothing would have changed. They had neither the desire or the knowledge needed, but thankfully got on board with what I was doing and have supported the effort.

Don't underestimate the inertia of the controlling powers, or the size and scope of the job at hand. Getting control of gun violence will take decades, if it is to be done at all and done right.

It's not hard to secure schools, that's the point. We're not going to get rid of guns so focus on protecting the children....like we do airports

If he hasn't included Michael Moore's suggestion of gun owners being adversely motivated by a military mindset, he's still needing to tread water.

However, it's becoming painfully obvious that nobody is demonstrating they honestly care very much.

Any chance of finding solutions has already been put on the back burner, and replaced by politics.

Breakdown of the family. That's it. None of these bastards had a father in their lives, which also goes for the gang-bangers in our big cities.

Also, Jorden Petersen (PhD Psychologist, noted author) points out that being ignored drives young men crazy. They would rather be hated than ignored, which is why they act out. Not sure if there are any government programs that can fix that one.
The one thing that keeps being glossed over in this discussion ... these people are psychopaths/sociopath in a very real clinical sense. These aren't normal people who were angry about whatever shit circumstances they experienced and then snapped.

The common denominator in all of these mass shootings is the distinct absence of empathy. A normal person is not capable of murdering innocent defenseless people (especially children) one after another while they cry in terror. It wouldn't matter how angry or enraged the person was, empathy prevents a normal human brain from following through with such acts of violence. These people, on the other hand, are tethered to social conformity solely by their own self interest, but they remain ticking timebombs that can detonate with devastating consequences to anyone in their vicinity if their rage or nihilism ever outweighs or coincides with their self interests.

Forum List

Back