Lgbts outraged at coca cola now

Because they do allow "straight" and "hetero" they have a case for discrimination.

"Such banned words include gay, lesbian, queer, sex, plus every swear word I threw in there just to see what would happen. Words that will go through include LGBT (its an acronym), bi and trans (shortened versions of bisexual and transgender), and straight and hetero (shocking.) Any attempt to type one of the banned words leads to an awkward response of “Oops, let’s pretend you didn’t just type that.”"

Playing Devil's Advocate, perhaps they forbid "gay" (what about "homo?") because both are commonly used as the derogatory?

Last edited:

Because they do allow "straight" and "hetero" they have a case for discrimination.

"Such banned words include gay, lesbian, queer, sex, plus every swear word I threw in there just to see what would happen. Words that will go through include LGBT (its an acronym), bi and trans (shortened versions of bisexual and transgender), and straight and hetero (shocking.) Any attempt to type one of the banned words leads to an awkward response of “Oops, let’s pretend you didn’t just type that.”"
Much of the clientele that Coca-Cola caters to is kids. My son is proof of that. Good for coca-cola in keeping words that are inappropriate for children out.

I believe the banning of the word GAY in this particular campaign is Cokes way of banning insults - it's well documented that GAY as used in modern slang is meant as an insult , and a derogatory term {Justifiably So}

Even so - I applaud Coca Colas bravado , and I'm going to buy a few cases of Coke later today as a token of my respect for their stance. That's after I dine at Chick fil A of course .

How to Stop Using the Word "Gay" Inappropriately: 6 Steps

New Topics

Forum List

Back